Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Chukensky

Thorpe Park have just posted this on their Facebook page

The link: https://www.thorpepark.com/tickets-passes/tickets/

Looks like we'll have a date within the next few days :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

They posted the same thing on Twitter a couple of days ago, so it just seems to be general teasing at the moment.
iamradam
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordland, United Oxdom, Oxfordonia, Planet Ox

I just noticed on the park map next to the "NEW 2016" symbol by DBGT, there's a sign saying "STAY OFF THE TRACKS". Do you guys think that's a hint or nothing to look too much into?
swooddow

Wouldn't look too much into that personally ? , it could just be some promo ?

Anyone else think we are looking at Friday 13th as a hopeful date ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by lewis97 on Sat May 07, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posts
Horras64

Sorry if images are not allowed to have brands on them. E.g Burger King

But physical adverts are around the place now. As in shops etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NemesisRider

Don't know if this interests anyone, but as the TTSP group left after Nemesis Inferno BTS, we saw several engineers from Figment heading into the attraction. Probably fine tuning the VR? This was quite late on it must be noted, 8:30 at least.
swooddow

Was that this evening ? , sounds all very interesting ! , excitement is building! This week could possibly be lots of interesting goings on , on park haha !

Owen

The attraction was testing last night much like it has been most nights recently, that would have been why the site was a hive of activity. :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Just some thoughts about the pre-show; presumably the "presentation's" main function will be to explain to guests how to fit the HTC Vive headsets once they get into the suspended carriage, so that this process is as quick as possible. As part of this, it'll no doubt give further insight into the attraction's narrative, including the justification and explanation for the headsets.
salamanderman

lewis97 wrote:Just some thoughts about the pre-show; presumably the "presentation's" main function will be to explain to guests how to fit the HTC Vive headsets once they get into the suspended carriage, so that this process is as quick as possible. As part of this, it'll no doubt give further insight into the attraction's narrative, including the justification and explanation for the headsets.
I'd like to see a engineer actor explaining that the the headset is your "decontamination goggles" to stop "dangerous fumes". (On an other note, Burger King should of made a ghost train burger in the vein of the nemesis soft drink or smiler pizza)
Ttsp's resident psychopath and coaster enthusiast
rolicoli8

The light up sign was on last night.

swooddow

Thant looks so nice ! , it's gunna be perfect for late summer openings and fright night !

nickhutson

What late summer openings?

I believe summer nights have been cancelled this year, sadly.
JonDoesTT

Horras64 wrote: Image
Are these in all Burger Kings or just a few? Seems like an odd place to advertise. The only reason I can think of for this is that there's a Burger King at Thorpe..

Credit to NemesisRider
Horras64

JonDoesTT wrote:
Horras64 wrote: Image
Are these in all Burger Kings or just a few? Seems like an odd place to advertise. The only reason I can think of for this is that there's a Burger King at Thorpe..
I was just walking in a shopping centre wearing my DBGT hoodie and saw it, just a thing to point out really.

Onto the opening date, I think we'll get some news this week, and I think it'll be on the 20th or 27th. I don't think 13th because they've left it a bit late to announce it'll be opening this week, I think they'll announce 2-3 in advance and hopefully some news this week. IMOP especially with the Facebook and Twitter posts.
swooddow

Hi everyone ! , was just wondering if people had heard or seen of any updates anything DBGT related ?
Feels like everyday we are getting a small piece of info or excitement and today has gone a little quiet ?

manni

Yeah it does seem to have gone quiet. I was hoping for news this morning. Derren is on tour in Bristol this week and Ireland for 2 weeks after, I was thinking he would want to be around for the opening so I was really hoping for an opening date this week.
Owen

I don't think the distance matters to him haha, according to higher end staff he is onsite at least once a week, and can sometimes be on site up to 3 times a week! :lol
jonny9403

Image mmmm interesting
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Independent have a new interview with Derren about the attraction. Although there's nothing majorly new, if you had any doubts about the extent of his involvement he says "I was shovelling coal yesterday, so I've been very hands-on throughout" :P