Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Owen

Mini update time, credit to Thorpe Park Mania for these.

The sign looks oddly bare within your it's small counterpart -

The clock is now complete -

*drum roll*

All trains are now inside! :D
Horras64

At least they're inside. We can only wait even longer now. [emoji22]
salamanderman

What did I tell you about patience horaAs
We wait and then remember it's merlin
Ttsp's resident psychopath and coaster enthusiast
swooddow

I will be going to the park next Friday still , and will give u guys any updates I can !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
salamanderman

:yes:
swooddow wrote:I will be going to the park next Friday still , and will give u guys any updates I can !

Thanks swood, can you check the price of the black bears,I call dibs on those bears. All of them :yes:
swooddow

I will indeed mate and let u know :)

Master_feedback

Owen wrote:*drum roll*

All trains are now inside! :D
That looks like a platform and or lift of some kind where the v parts of the metal work meet it could also be a piveting wall if you look too the left of the v and above the strait you can just make out a rail of something sat on the platform

Also in relation to delays in construction if you build one house then another and another you get an idea of how long it will take the problem with dbgt is it never been built before so all you can do is call it a best guess also the HTC vive didn't come out till the 5th April so before that they would have been working with development kit not the final unit (anyone that's had beta and candidate 1 software will know the final is never the same) my guess is the vive isn't working how they want
Owen

Some more interesting images from UK Theme Parks Facebook.

The shop cart -

The queue featuring the new clock -

The covered section complete with old lights and corner finishings -

A sign reading "Proceed This Way After Presntation" -

cianjs

That sign that's sitting against the wall in the last photo says "proceed this way after presentation". I'm assuming after preshow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JonDoesTT

Owen wrote:Some more interesting images from UK Theme Parks Facebook.

The shop cart -

Has this shop cart ever actually opened? What does it sell?

Credit to NemesisRider
Horras64

When I was there last Sunday it was open, it sells some DBGT merch but had sweets and chocolates etc.
Last edited by Horras64 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

JonDoesTT wrote:Has this shop cart ever actually opened? What does it sell?
It was open on my visit a few weeks back. It had a few merchandise items, along with various sweets and snacks.
cianjs wrote:That sign that's sitting against the wall in the last photo says "proceed this way after presentation". I'm assuming after preshow?
Presumably, yes. It looks like a stencil to me, to allow them to paint the wording onto a surface inside the pre-show room.
nickhutson

Why would they have a shop outside a shop?
Sawboss

nickhutson wrote:Why would they have a shop outside a shop?
For theme park hipsters, the big shop is too mainstream.
Owen

Why not? It's a way to make use of an extra theming element that will make them extra profit - not to mention it can be a way of selling non-themed items outside of the main shop (standard chocolates ect). :)

Opening Date Update: According to a member on Thorpe Park Mania, a member of staff (of significance) stated that a new date "not long after the 6th" has been set for the opening of Ghost Train. Personally, I now see Saturday the 14th of May as very likely as that wouldn't be to long after the 6th, and the kids go free offer ends on the 13th. The offer states "experience the family rides and attraction before Derren Brown's Ghost Train pulls into Thorpe Park Resort!". Of course this isn't confirmed and is mere speculation- however I see it likely! :D
salamanderman

Owen wrote:
Why not? It's a way to make use of an extra theming element that will make them extra profit - not to mention it can be a way of selling non-themed items outside of the main shop (standard chocolates ect). :)

Opening Date Update: According to a member on Thorpe Park Mania, a member of staff (of significance) stated that a new date "not long after the 6th" has been set for the opening of Ghost Train. Personally, I now see Saturday the 14th of May as very likely as that wouldn't be to long after the 6th, and the kids go free offer ends on the 13th. The offer states "experience the family rides and attraction before Derren Brown's Ghost Train pulls into Thorpe Park Resort!". Of course this isn't confirmed and is mere speculation- however I see it likely! :D
this is a great theory, but the adverts would be probably airing now if it opened on the 14th
Owen

The Sun have reportedly been advertising the attraction as part of their Superdays campaign. I wouldn't expect major adverts until a week or so before - especially if it's touch and go if it will be 100% ready at this stage :)
Horras64

I wonder if they'll still have an annual pass preview day, and if so, when? We still don't know the actual opening. But im wondering.
Last edited by Horras64 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owen

Horras64 wrote:I wonder if they'll still have an annual pass preview day, and if so, when? Wet still don't know the actual opening. But im wondering.
I wouldn't expect so, at this stage the Resort will likely want to open it asap and get people on, having a day where only specific people can ride would likely cause more issues amoungst those who haven't got an annual pass at this stage. A media event is likely - however personally I don't see a preview day (fingers crossed though!) :)
NeoXIII

Horras64 wrote:I wonder if they'll still have an annual pass preview day, and if so, when? We still don't know the actual opening. But im wondering.
Asked TP about that the other day, they didn't deny it (but didn't confirm it either).
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;