Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Max

The rest of the supports for Nemesis have been painted this week.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
owenrita121

NemesisNosh wrote:The rest of the supports for Nemesis have been painted this week.
Noticed this today, looks brilliant!
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

There was a new TLC update earlier today...
@AltonTLC wrote:Lots of painting going on over the last 2 days, from Cloud Cuckoo Land to Nemesis track! #TowersLovingCare

S.J_O'Grady

As they claim that Hex, Charlie and Driving School are closed for TLC, I'm hoping they'll share some photos of those at some point to reassure us that they're genuinely closed for the reasons they say they are.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Ryan.B

The closures have been made slightly more clear (Quite a lot more) on the website now with - Currently closed for refurbishment on them... https://www.altontowers.com/theme-park/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JonDoesTT

The Sky Sailor wrote:I'm hoping they'll share some photos of those at some point to reassure us that they're genuinely closed for the reasons they say they are.
I doubt they'd lie about it, but either way I'd still like photos too. :lol

Credit to NemesisRider
Guitar

Wikipedia now lists Nemesis Sub Terra as a Main Past Attraction. Stating it closed in 2015.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alton_Towers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know it's only Wikipedia and isn't really confirmation of anything, but it's interesting none the less.
Sawboss

Guitar wrote:Wikipedia now lists Nemesis Sub Terra as a Main Past Attraction. Stating it closed in 2015.
I guess that's fair since it's been closed for something like a year now, but I'm sure they'll reopen it at some point. I mean I hope they do, anyway.
MakoMania

It has listed that since about October last year.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
theparklifekid

Does anyone think that Sub-terra and Hex will open later this year? Im hoping it will be open in time for August since i have never ridden Hex and been to the park in 3 years...
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Alex

I doubt Sub Terra will open again but I can see Hex opening before the end of the year.
Sawboss

I hope Hex opens in the summer and Sub Terra is open by scarefest, after all they've got to try and out do last years scarefest!
stealthsmiler

Guitar wrote:Wikipedia now lists Nemesis Sub Terra as a Main Past Attraction. Stating it closed in 2015.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alton_Towers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know it's only Wikipedia and isn't really confirmation of anything, but it's interesting none the less.
That is only on the main Alton Towers wiki page.

If you go to the main Sub Terra page;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis:_Sub-Terra" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can see it still lists it as a current ride that is under refurbishment, and states it is temporarily closed.
S.J_O'Grady

stealthsmiler wrote:

That is only on the main Alton Towers wiki page.

If you go to the main Sub Terra page;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis:_Sub-Terra" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can see it still lists it as a current ride that is under refurbishment, and states it is temporarily closed.
When I checked last night, the actual Sub Terra page said it was permanently closed as well. However I think it has recently been changed back.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Justin

Remember that Wikipedia is an open source project and can be edited by anyone. It is not managed by Alton Towers therefore can not be fully trusted.
Themeparksandy1981

I would have liked to see work at least going on painting the outside of the Charlie and the chocolate factory ride.
Dan

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:I would have liked to see work at least going on painting the outside of the Charlie and the chocolate factory ride.
There's not a lot they can do with Charlie at present, at least not the exterior.

It's heavily rumoured that Charlie in its current form won't open again due to the licence expiring so I don't imagine we'll see any work done to the outside of the building until they are preparing for a new attraction to take its place.
S.J_O'Grady

Sorry I'm not good with posting pictures on here but the latest TLC update shows the addition of windows in the new Katanga Canyon fences.

A great improvement, not being able to see the rides had ruined the area.
Aidan Lowe

One of said photos:

Link to said tweet with additional pictures.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Thorpe Towers 13

Good to see they are brining some parts of the park back to its former glory! However, two things.

1) Firstly, brilliant job so far on Nemesis! However, whats happening with the blood rivers? They are a wonderful bit of theming and though the waterfalls in general are good, nothing quite like roaring over rivers and lakes of blood.

2) Oblivions mist. Again, love this ride, actually its my favourite there, but I have noticed the mist is becoming less and less. Possibly in relation to limescale or rusting but yeah, are they doing anything about that?