Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Matt_1985

I don't think I'm gonna be able to not look at spoilers and the VR footage if they manage to obtain it like they have with Galactica. I'm too into this.
salamanderman

I'll be avoiding YouTube like the plague,right then, off to my spoiler bunker it is
Ttsp's resident psychopath and coaster enthusiast
nickhutson

themealgang wrote:As much as I didn't want to like this ride, I can't help but look on and think how beautiful it is turning out. Never before have we had an attraction in this country that's so detailed. It's not in the league of Universal but it's great to see a lot of effort has been put in to make this attraction at least look the part. I just hope what lies inside lives up to expectation. With so many manufactures involved (did someone even spot Intamin on site at one point?!) I think this is going to be a great addition to the UK.

Is the theme too dark? Absolutely when you consider how dark The Swarm was just four years before.

But will it make Thorpe Park stand out from the crowd? That's one thing that will happen.
Why didn't you want to like this new attraction?
cianjs

Image Thorpe just uploaded this to their Instagram :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horras64

nickhutson wrote:
themealgang wrote:As much as I didn't want to like this ride, I can't help but look on and think how beautiful it is turning out. Never before have we had an attraction in this country that's so detailed. It's not in the league of Universal but it's great to see a lot of effort has been put in to make this attraction at least look the part. I just hope what lies inside lives up to expectation. With so many manufactures involved (did someone even spot Intamin on site at one point?!) I think this is going to be a great addition to the UK.

Is the theme too dark? Absolutely when you consider how dark The Swarm was just four years before.

But will it make Thorpe Park stand out from the crowd? That's one thing that will happen.
Why didn't you want to like this new attraction?
Who doesn't like Derren Brown? :yes: :yes: :yes: But on a serious not, do you not like dark rides or VR?
Owen

I think I know what he means, I for one was very underwhelmed by the whole Derren Brown thing and lost all hope in the project the time I found out the rides name. However, due to the amount of effort I've seen I have made a complete 180 and personally I feel as though this is one of the best looking attractions to open not only in the UK, but worldwide in 2016 - only being beaten by the likes of Skull Island: Reign of Kong and Taron.
MakoMania

Owen wrote: only being beaten by the likes of Skull Island: Reign of Kong and Taron.
I think you're missing one ;)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Owen

MakoMania wrote:
Owen wrote: only being beaten by the likes of Skull Island: Reign of Kong and Taron.
If you're referring to Mako, although it looks like a great ride - it's theming is not anywhere near the likes of these three attractions, at least in my opinion :)
Coasterfellow

MakoMania wrote:
If your talking about Mako... No.
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
MakoMania

I know I'm messing :)

I reserve judgement on Mako's theming until it is finished. But back to DBGT.......
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
swooddow

I can't really see mako being heavily themed , it's a steel coaster at the end of the day . However I totally agree with Owen that DBGT is going to be a huge step up in th UK for theme parks !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Owen

According to someone who was at the resort today the "Arriving 6th May" sign has now been removed. I don't want to jinx it but it's not looking hopeful now. :|
cianjs

This most likely concludes the fact that it's going to be delayed...but I shall remain hopeful. They could be planning on replacing it with the "Thorpe Depot" sign that was in the plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Owen

It could be something to do with the sign testing (lighting up)?

I believe the Thorpe Deport thing was just a place holder - but as you say fingers crossed! :)

EDIT: Unfortunately this sentence from the kids go free offer page does in fact make it seem extremely likely to be delayed.
THORPE PARK Resort wrote:The perfect introduction to THORPE Park Resort for your thrill-seeking novices, Kids Go FREE with all THORPE Breaks until 13th May! Don't miss this opportunity to explore the family-friendly rides and attractions before Derren Brown's Ghost Train pulls into THORPE PARK Resort this summer.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I expect when it does open, the 'Arriving 6th May' sign was due to be replaced by a sign which identifies each type of queue.

Unfortunately, it seems a little early for them to be swapping them out though and so I fear we will be seeing a delay.
Ryan.B

Never fear, Derren Brown's rail replacement bus service is on the way!

The delay seems inevitable now, but as long as they don't rush it I'm fine.
JonDoesTT

Hopefully there won't be a delay. It wouldn't be good to disappoint people who've already planned to visit on the 6th, especially with the 12p ticket thing that happened a few weeks ago which upset a lot of people.
Although, because they've taken the sign with the opening date down so early, the train still not actually in the building, as well as no full tests being done, it does look likely that there'll be a delay. I doubt it will be a long delay, though.

Credit to NemesisRider
Georgie

Whilst it may be a shame if the opening misses the event on the 7th, I'd rather they made sure they opened it with everything right, rather than an incomplete or lacklustre experience like with Sub -Terra
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
dannypugh88

I hope it isn't delayed a week before is extremely bad planning . We have spent quite a lot of money making sure all is set for us on the 6th. I will be requesting a full
Refund if it is the case

Daniel pugh
Georgie

Were they offering any sort of refund or return when they delayed the Smiler to the 31st May?
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan