Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Jormerod18

Do we know is there definetely going to be a worlds first element attached to this ride?
Owen

Firstly welcome to the forum, you'll love it here.

Well it can be assumed that the whole concept is a worlds first, so the attraction as a whole would be its worlds first element - if that makes sense? :lol
Jormerod18

Thank you! And yes it does, really do have no idea as to what it could be. But the quality of theming suggests it won't just be a gimmick ride for the sake of it
nickhutson

ASturge21 wrote:
lewis97 wrote:Nothing new of significance, but here's a video from ExposureDigital summarising the success of the MindsWanted campaign.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Couldn't help but mention a couple of pointless world firsts when not required but that's Merlin.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
Except Merlin had nothing to do with that video...
Horras64

I hope they'll be some actual mind trickery and psychology put into this. They said they had psychologists working on the Smiler, but it's ineffective. Derren is known for his mind tricks through the power of suggestion and his knowledge of psychology. I'm also intrigued as to how Derren will play a part in the attraction, to push the story? Or to explain? I can't believe that I'll find out in only two weeks, put next week I have exams. [emoji22]
ASturge21

nickhutson wrote:
ASturge21 wrote:
lewis97 wrote:Nothing new of significance, but here's a video from ExposureDigital summarising the success of the MindsWanted campaign.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Couldn't help but mention a couple of pointless world firsts when not required but that's Merlin.

Except Merlin had nothing to do with that video...
The second one was just as bad as Galacticas world first completely pointless abd irrelevant so surprised Merlin didn't have an input into that.

Jormerod18

I like to think Derren will be a character within the story of the train and that some incident happened in 1871 involving a train and that's where the ghosts are from
Zero666

Horras64 wrote:I hope they'll be some actual mind trickery and psychology put into this. They said they had psychologists working on the Smiler, but it's ineffective. Derren is known for his mind tricks through the power of suggestion and his knowledge of psychology. I'm also intrigued as to how Derren will play a part in the attraction, to push the story? Or to explain? I can't believe that I'll find out in only two weeks, put next week I have exams. [emoji22]
I have a feeling that you'll see him either on a screen or projected (as a ghost or illusion maybe?) in the VR or during the preshow where he'll give you instructions or a briefing on the context of the ride.

Perhaps something along the lines of "you'll be witness to the end of the world as we know it, its desolation the result of years of environmental damage inflicted by the selfish hands of the human race. You choose your own path from here." :D

Good luck with your exams btw!
Owen

TV advertisements have reportedly began to be phase out - with the first wave being as part of The Sun Superdays adverts. No stand alone ads have been spotted as of yet...
swooddow

I think everything about this is oozing quality, time and care. Which is rare for a merlin attraction! , I think we will be in for a great ride. I was on park this week on Wednesday and kept seeing loads of cool little extras dotted around the queue line. Like rooms which seem to hold tv's , which I can only presume would be for some sort of pre show

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Owen

Hi swooddow, welcome to TowersTimes/SouthParks!

I'm not entirely sure what this room may be, as the pre-show was listed as inside the main building on the plans... :-k

There is the possibility it may be a second pre-show, however I very much doubt this as disabled and fastrack riders would miss this out as they don't seem to go into this section within their respective queues. Based on the below image I'd be inclined to say it will be one of the two photo op's and it will be done in a similar way to Galactica - it's the only thing I can imagine it could be, on the other hand they look a bit low to expect people of a minimum of 1.4M to look through. It's all very exciting! :D

swooddow

Hi thanks man ! , I was think seeming as their is to screen it could be just a little walk through section where they show adverts / news reports/ or campaigns of the fracking and people being against it perhaps ?

salamanderman

It looks like the story is going to have 12 different monsters/spoopy ghosts,so I think the train might have at least 24 different combos of ghost/endings for the victims'COUGH'riders
Ttsp's resident psychopath and coaster enthusiast
Horras64

swooddow wrote:Hi thanks man ! , I was think seeming as their is to screen it could be just a little walk through section where they show adverts / news reports/ or campaigns of the fracking and people being against it perhaps?
I definitely don't think it's the pre-show, like Owen said and I too previously, it's too small and also I don't think it's the photobooth either because the TV screens are rather small and low down.

Also, did they state that they'll be two different pictures you'll get, or did I misread. Anyway I will have construction updates tomorrow, it'll most likely be my last visit until DBGT opens, I'll try and see if the scaffolding is down and if the trains have officially gone in.
Owen

Theme Park Guide are on resort again, and have posted that more signs have gone up -

swooddow

Is there a way to follow live with them ? Do they have snapchat or a live feed ?

Jormerod18

Wonder wether with a height restriction of 1.4 anything intense will happen inside or wether that's just because it's meant to be scary
Owen

I doubt that anything intense in terms of G-Force will happen, although the height limit is likely just to enforce the 13+ restriction a little better, as many won't reach 1.4M until around 11/12.

You can like Theme Park Guide on Facebook, swooddow?
salamanderman

I don't think the "drop" will be any bigger than thir13en, if there even is a drop
Ttsp's resident psychopath and coaster enthusiast
ASturge21

I believe that there may be no form of G but depends on what the dangling train does.