Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
nickhutson

No. This is a completely different system and all the reviews of HTC thus far in the gaming and tech world have far surpassed the samsung system. The joy of the HTC comes from the practicalities of it - not so much the graphical implications.

https://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/artic ... erspective" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
althorpe

but the graphics is made by the same company yeah ?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

althorpe wrote:but the graphics is made by the same company yeah ?
Yes, both are by Figment Productions.

EDIT: Don't think there's any real significance to this (probably more a lack of originality), but a sign on the new Amity Beach Shack gives the address as being on 'Sexton Way', with 'Sexton' also being used in the recently added graphics to DBGT's exterior.

[align=center]Image[/align]
Source: Thorpe Park Mania Facebook
mol7030

With regards to the American Werewolf in London maze video, there is a similar effect of an oncoming tube train at the London Bridge and Tombs Experience- at the London one the tube train is being driven by a skeleton! I wonder if something similar will happen in DBGT.
MO'L
Horras64

Looked at Derren Brown's Schedule for his live shows, it appears he's taken a week off from the 30th April, to the 9th May, the week of the opening. Maybe he'll be on-site for the first week?
ASturge21

I believe this was discussed before Derren was announced so yeah being there for at least a day is quite likely.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
Owen

These images show some more details have been added to the building, as well as new signage expressing how to find the ride appearing around the park! :D

Photos credit to JoshC. on TPM

Loading and unloading this way...

Entrance this way...

JonDoesTT

althorpe wrote:is anyone else woried about the vr from seeing galactca?
The only thing I'm worried about is the quality. The way it worked on Galactica was great, and so was the actual video, but there were still bits of red and green on the edges of things, and it wasn't as good as it could have been. If they can do that again with better technology & a higher quality video, it will be unbelievably good. If not I think it will still be good, though.

Credit to NemesisRider
Owen

You honestly think they'd allow to VR to be lacking on an attraction of this scale?

I understand the concern but personally I have no doubts they won't slip up on something that is so expensive and essential to the experience. :)
JonDoesTT

Owen wrote:You honestly think they'd allow to VR to be lacking on an attraction of this scale?

I understand the concern but personally I have no doubts they won't slip up on something that is so expensive and essential to the experience. :)
The VR on Galactica is expensive and essential to the experience, and they slipped up on the video quality unfortunately. I think they'll fix it, though. Of course this doesn't mean the VR quality on DBGT will be bad necessarily, but I doubt the video quality will be super HD and always working, as that's very difficult to do with VR in general, and especially in an attraction.

Credit to NemesisRider
xylyx

The problem with the VR on Galactica is the display tech, the HTC Vive is an entirely different ball game: with a high resolution and an uncanny spacial awareness due to the quirks of the system.

The VR should be top notch using that system, and as it's aiming for psychological rather than kinetic thrills the headsets should be safe from the stresses they endure on Galactica. :-)
Owen

Here's a new promotional video for the Ghost Train Shop. :)
Zero666

Owen wrote:Here's a new promotional video for the Ghost Train Shop. :)
I wonder why Derren isn't in the video :/

Would be a lot more interesting and make more sense to have him talking about it rather than some randomer who can't act.
Owen

It's likely at the time they were filming this he was unavailable, and so they had to go with a member of staff from the resort. :)

In regards to the comment that the Galactica VR is also expensive, that is true - however the expense with this attraction will far exceed that of Galactica due to the quantity, brand and installation. :)
Owen

Here's IMAscore's official 5 minute snippet of the Ghost Train soundtrack! :D

It provides one long snippet as opposed to the many short snippets THORPE PARK previously provided. :)

Sawboss

Woah, I hope the ride itself can live up to the soundtrack! Sounds very epic, in the proper use of the word, but also very sinister.... :D
Master_feedback

xylyx wrote:The problem with the VR on Galactica is the display tech, the HTC Vive is an entirely different ball game: with a high resolution and an uncanny spacial awareness due to the quirks of the system.

The VR should be top notch using that system, and as it's aiming for psychological rather than kinetic thrills the headsets should be safe from the stresses they endure on Galactica. :-)
But the screen resolution of the vive is lower than the gear vr ! So not sure how you can say it like its much higher when its lower ....

Gear vr 2560x1440 (1280x1440 per eye)
Vive 2160x1200(1080x1200 per eye ) and we know its been produces in 1080 it says so on the claper board from the filming stills
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Nothing new of significance, but here's a video from ExposureDigital summarising the success of the MindsWanted campaign.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Horras64

Seems like the Minds Wanted site was a success for Thorpe. I do like what they did, even though it's been ages since they released the site and released the fact that it's Derren Brown's Ghost Train. What got me hooked was the release of Derren Brown being the IP. Im impressed that instead of creating the attraction, and then sticking his name on it, with a more minor example being sonic spinball (Now reverted back to Spinball Whizzer) Instead they've worked with him for 3 years behind our backs and in only two weeks, will almost a year of speculation come to an end.

Damn I'm excited.
ASturge21

lewis97 wrote:Nothing new of significance, but here's a video from ExposureDigital summarising the success of the MindsWanted campaign.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Couldn't help but mention a couple of pointless world firsts when not required but that's Merlin.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk