TT Spring Spectacular - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Thank you to everyone who attended our first event of the year, Spring Spectacular at Alton Towers Resort!

We'd love to hear your thoughts about the day, whether there are things you particularly enjoyed or any suggestions that we could consider for future events, do let us know.
MakoMania

Yet another fantastic, splendid, spectacular, enjoyable and extaordinary day from you guys. Well done (again) and thanks for taking the effort to organise these days! Galactica first access was very useful for queue avoidance :D

Talk was what surprised me the most. It was such a geek fest I loved it! Found out so much info about TLC & SW8 in particular.

Smiler ERT, I'll just leave it at this: :moj :moj :moj

What a great day! Gutted I won't be able to come to another one till 2017 :( It will be worth the wait no doubt!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Cobby

Thanks once again TT for organising a very enjoyable event for us all. I very much enjoyed the Galatica first access, even if my headset didn't work, and the rest of the things that we had lined up throughout the day. I also like the Pick and mix in towers suite :lol and the fact that we could go back in there before we had our Smiler ERT because it gave me the chance to warm up before going back into the cold. Finally a big thank you to all of the team who organised and ran the event!
Max

Fantastic day. A huge thanks to everyone involved in the event organisation, it was faultless. Came to Summer Sizzler last year and had a great time, and this was even better. First ride on Galactica was awesome (especially walking past the main queue), talk was insightful and interesting and ERT on The Smiler was amazing thanks to the atmosphere, the people and the organisation once more. Definitely one of my best days at Towers ever and will be returning for Southern Screamer in May.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Morgan

What a crazy day!

The conference center was (conveniently) around the corner my hotel room, which made getting to the meeting point easier. Woodland Walk to Galactica was a nice start to the day, followed by the traditional screaming competition :lol
The talk, as usual, is a great break from the hectic nature of the theme-park. It was nice to find out a bit more about the TLC program and SW8.
Finally, The Smiler ERT. Possibly the most insane half hour I've ever spent! It was a great laugh and ended the day perfectly.

My only grouch about the day is that it's over! Oh well, I'll have to see you all next month :P
Thanks everyone for such a brilliant day!
Jack

Massive thanks to the team and everyone who was at the event, I had an amazing time yesterday, up there with the best events that have been done! As has been said, the organisation was spot on. Many funny moments were had as well! Looking forward to doing it all again at Southern Screamer! :D
Chris_c_4
Team
Team

Had a great day on Saturday. First access on Galactica was great and a good way of getting on it as a group (not sure an ERT would really work on it :lol ) The usual take-over of Blade is always an entertaining part of the events! The talk was really interesting - and the refreshments and pick-&-mix was great too! Having The Smiler ERT at the end of the day was awesome, and it was a really nice touch to have a coach to take us back to the hotels! Thanks to everyone who was involved with the running of the events - I'm always really impressed with how professional it is - and everyone is really friendly! Can't wait for the next one! :D
Dan

A great weekend as always, thank you Team TTSP :)

Galactica was a whole heap of fun, the talk from Wayne was a good insight into the TLC programme and I'm looking forward to the changes at the resort over the next few years.

But without a doubt the highlight was the ERT on The Smiler. Thankfully the rain held off and it was great to get 5 rides in on the 30 minutes we had the ride for.

Luckily it's only 4 weeks until the Southern Screamer, can't wait to see what you guys pull out of the bag for this.

Hope to see you all there!
Justin

Thank you to TTSP for another great event which draw people from all parts of the county and all walks of life together!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The TTSP Events are some of the highlights of my year, and this one was no exception!
From Galactica First Ride (which I must say is now one of my favourite coasters at Alton, even though I was against the idea at first and very skeptical of them changing Air) to the very interesting TLC talk with Wayne; the team always pulls it out of the bag to bring us an exciting event! The Smiler will always remain my number one and to have ERT on this again was amazing, especially when the Smiler staff were well organised to dispatch us efficiently to ensure we get maximum ERT.

The social was excellent and it is great to see so many come together after park closes. The legendary 'Superhero' dance took place, along with 'Big Fish, Little Fish' to end the night on a high!

Here is to Southern Screamer! :D
dannypugh88

A great first meet of the year everyone in the team worked hard to make Hingis run smoothly, great q & a session in the afternoon and the smiler ERT was awesome with fun bus back to the hotel . It was great to have so many of us stay together for the duration of the day as I think it really adds a new feel to a day out on park. See you all in May

Daniel pugh
Alex

Think I've just about recovered from what was another awesome weekend!

Thanks goes out to all the team who continue to make the events brilliant weekends and they are something I look forward to from when the dates are announced.

Having the first ride on Galactica was a good start to the day (since we avoided the long queues ;) ) and the talk from Wayne was an interesting insight into the TLC project and it's going to be interesting to follow this over the coming years. However as has been said before, the highlight was the 30 mins ERT on The Smiler, I got 5 rides in during this period which left me feeling a bit worse for wear! (I blame the free Pick n Mix [-X )

As Justin said the social was good fun and the videos will shortly follow! :lol
African Drummer

Had a great weekend, great to meet up with old friends and make new.
Loved the ERT on Galactica, the ride take overs, the talk and finally Smiler ERT.
Can't wait till May for South parks event.
:D :D :D
BIG Thank you to TT Team for all their hard work in making this event another great success. XX
sezmac

Well what an event
Thanks to all the TTSP team for yet another fantastically successful event.

First experience of Galactica was great.... Awesome not having to wait in the queues for it too was mega.

The 30mins on smiler was my most times in succession on smiler and what a half an hour that was!! Again again!!

Massive thanks for putting the coach on as my weary legs were in need of a rest!

The socials are always great seeing all my ttsp friends from around the UK. "Do you wanna be a superhero?" :lol

Looking forward to my first South event..... Can't wait to see you there
SuperWill

Thanks for another great event TT! Really enjoyed the first ride on Galactica and Smiler ERT! :)

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
JonDoesTT

The first ride on Galactica was great, walking past a large group of people in a queue is always good fun. It was my first time on it too, and it was incredible. The Q&A was great, and The Smiler ERT was amazing, although it was painful on the back :lol

Overall, a really good event, can't wait for the next.

Credit to NemesisRider