Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
RollercoasterGEEK100

sss1986 wrote:
fitchy wrote:There is a bus link from heathrow to Feltham train station, which is 2 short stops to staines. You can then chatch the thorpe park express ...
Cheers :-) It's looking like it's gonna be a Gatwick job though :-/ Flights are a bit steep just for the day down to Heathrow as Ryanair/Flybe and Easyjet don't fly to Heathrow. It's only BA that does it and I must have lost my wallet lined with Diamonds. Looking at potentially hiring a car for the day down there and driving up.....Anyone from London confirm how easy a drive it is (I've heard alot of horror stories with London traffic on the M25 with a simple journey turning sour with traffic jams)
I would've said Luton as it is only a 40 minute drive from Luton to Thorpe depending on traffic plus easyJets flights from Edinburgh to Luton are reasonable.
sss1986

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
sss1986 wrote:
fitchy wrote:There is a bus link from heathrow to Feltham train station, which is 2 short stops to staines. You can then chatch the thorpe park express ...
Cheers :-) It's looking like it's gonna be a Gatwick job though :-/ Flights are a bit steep just for the day down to Heathrow as Ryanair/Flybe and Easyjet don't fly to Heathrow. It's only BA that does it and I must have lost my wallet lined with Diamonds. Looking at potentially hiring a car for the day down there and driving up.....Anyone from London confirm how easy a drive it is (I've heard alot of horror stories with London traffic on the M25 with a simple journey turning sour with traffic jams)
I would've said Luton as it is only a 40 minute drive from Luton to Thorpe depending on traffic plus easyJets flights from Edinburgh to Luton are reasonable.

Perfect! :-) Thanks :-) Never been down to Thorpe before so looking forward to it
fitchy

Gatwick over luton any day.... Its also pretty easy by train from gatwick

Gatwick- clapham junction 20 mins
Clapham to staines 20 mins on a fast train
The thorpe express
sss1986

fitchy wrote:Gatwick over luton any day.... Its also pretty easy by train from gatwick

Gatwick- clapham junction 20 mins
Clapham to staines 20 mins on a fast train
The thorpe express

Perfect - so many options to choose now :-)
Dom

While having a quick search for deals at the Thorpe Shark hotel, i noticed that nothing comes up in February, which can only mean one thing. FHT at Thorpe Park isn't happening either. It looks as if they have cancelled all theme park FHT openings.
TheBeast

That seems most irregular... could it be more money problems? Or perhaps its something to do with Whitechapel being set up?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Adz
Admin
Admin

February Half Term has been problematic for Thorpe Park in previous years.

In a way I'm glad it's not coming back next year as it means they have more time to ensure full ride availability for the main season.
Sawboss

Hey I'm wondering when the local schools break up for summer holidays around Thorpe, planning a suprise trip for my brothers birthday in august-ish time.
owenrita121

Sawboss wrote:Hey I'm wondering when the local schools break up for summer holidays around Thorpe, planning a suprise trip for my brothers birthday in august-ish time.
Early July, August is right in the peak of the summer holiday's.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Sawboss

Thanks, my brother was born in the wrong month then, the idiot.

September it is!
MerlinFan

Not early July. Schools usually break up in the last week of July and go back at the start of September.
owenrita121

MerlinFan wrote:Not early July. Schools usually break up in the last week of July and go back at the start of September.
I brake up on July the 4th and go back on the 19th of September.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Justin

Adz wrote:February Half Term has been problematic for Thorpe Park in previous years.

In a way I'm glad it's not coming back next year as it means they have more time to ensure full ride availability for the main season.
Depending on the weather, March is still usually problematic so it is a good call by Thorpe Park. Usually their coasters are very temperamental with lower temp, but as Adz said, it allows more time to prepare for a top season!
Sullivan

Hi does anyone have any Merlin Pin badges for swaps? I have a few.
Stan.H

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d12jQr32kps Just popped up on YouTube, a job at Thorpe Park, for food & bev!
ponder

For what it's worth, I think the current X theme is much better than the old one. At least it makes sense and it's kind of fun. The backwards, stopping every 20 seconds nonsense was just frustrating, as any time you built up a bit of speed you'd stop again.
Sawboss

Hope X isn't shut next season, it's a good coaster for people who arn't into thrill rides. Went to Thorpe with someone who doesn't like coasters and X was the only one we could get them on besides Nemesis Inferno, and the only one they enjoyed :P
jayson2125

I believe x will be having a clean up this season...my kids are gutted as this is their favourite ride...fingers crossed it wont be closed
toofpikk

What badges do you have and what are you looking for
jcousins1997

Image excuse the fact im wearing the hoodie (im on the right) brought mine in april 2015 and brought the cap in July 2015

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk