TTSP at Winter Wonderland

Archive for past events.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Date: December 5th 2015
Time: 2pm
Meeting Point: By Air Wolf (No. 33 on the site map)

http://www.hydeparkwinterwonderland.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As mentioned at ScareMazing North, we will be hosting a meetup at the legendary Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. Featuring an even bigger layout and new attractions for 2015, it is without fail the best event of its type in the UK.

Hope to see you there. Post below if you can attend and I'll compile a list.
Morgan

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this, got London booked for a week later :P
Jack

I won't be able to make this unfortunately, but if anyone fancies meeting up at another point at Winter Wonderland I'll be there at some point :)
Capt.Barnacles

I'd certainly like to make it to this but the problem would lie in how I got there and back, and if it were a multiple day thing, where I'd stay, as London ain't cheap.
swalesuk01

Hopefully we can make it as we are down for the weekend
Dan

As much as I would love to make this it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to because of work.
Dom

Count me in :)
Ladyofthelake

One thing I'd love to do at some point would be some ice skating as it's been a while since I'v done it and is something that I've wanted to do again for a while.

Would anyone be interested in booking the Ice Skating at some point during the day? The rink at Winter Wonderland costs £14.50 for a 50 minute session (including skate hire). You have to be at the rink 20 minutes prior to your session to allow enough time to get your skates on etc. The Ice Rink does tend to sell out so pre-booking would be a good idea if we wanted to do it.

I realise that those timings mean that potentially it takes a good hour and a half out the day so if it's a case of people not wanting to lose time on the rides (especially with slightly longer cycles on the rides earlier in the day) one option may be for those interested in skating to meet up slightly earlier (say meet at 12:30 if we booked the 1pm session then meet up with everyone else at 2pm as planned).

Of course it's just a suggestion so am open to other ideas too :)
Dom

ladyofthelake wrote:One thing I'd love to do at some point would be some ice skating as it's been a while since I'v done it and is something that I've wanted to do again for a while.

Would anyone be interested in booking the Ice Skating at some point during the day? The rink at Winter Wonderland costs £14.50 for a 50 minute session (including skate hire). You have to be at the rink 20 minutes prior to your session to allow enough time to get your skates on etc. The Ice Rink does tend to sell out so pre-booking would be a good idea if we wanted to do it.

I realise that those timings mean that potentially it takes a good hour and a half out the day so if it's a case of people not wanting to lose time on the rides (especially with slightly longer cycles on the rides earlier in the day) one option may be for those interested in skating to meet up slightly earlier (say meet at 12:30 if we booked the 1pm session then meet up with everyone else at 2pm as planned).

Of course it's just a suggestion so am open to other ideas too :)
I'd be up for Ice Skating and for me it wouldn't matter when as i don't really do many rides and will probably be in London by about 10am anyways. :)
Chris
Admin
Admin

Yes up for the same - have never skated there.
girlgooner

I could cry I want to go but it's not a good weekend for me :'( have an amazing time everyone who goes if it had of been a weekend either side I propably would of got there but never mind. Have a brilliant time if anything like last year things will ofc be amazing :) xxxx
Dom

No Laura. That's a shame. We can't go around photobombing on the carousel bar without you :lol

Also with regards to ice skating, the ice rink near the eye is apparently on £6 for 45 mins
Justin

I don't think I'll be able to make this date either. The run up to Christmas is hectic, so I will probably travel down a couple of weeks after this. Possibly the same weekend as last year.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Hey guys,

I note that a fair few cannot attend the trip - would moving it forward or pushing it back a week be in anyone's favour?
Jack

I will only be able to make it after Christmas, so if it happens to be pushed back to that point then great, but if not i hope everyone has a great time :)
Dom

Either the 5th/6th weekend or after Xmas would be better for me personally, but i can still make the 12th, but would have to leave quite early.
girlgooner

I'm with Dom on this one week before but after Christmas would be better xx
Ladyofthelake

I notice alot of people have mentioned about after Christmas. The first Saturday after Christmas is Boxing Day which I'm assuming would mean London will be packed. The following weekend would be 2nd/3rd January which I believe is the last weekend of Winter Wonderland.

My personal preference would be to do it before Christmas (on whichever weekend suits everyone best). For me, Boxing Day would be to be avoided, and the following weekend would feel too far after Christmas (but that's just a personal view - if that's the weekend people want to do than will go with that :) )
Justin

I'd prefer the new year.

Hopefully I can make it though!
sezmac

Christmas time is a no go for me..... Wish I could make it tho coz it would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk