Planet Coaster

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Adam.W

Frontier, the developers of RCT3, are making a game called Planet Coaster, which will be released in 2016. Not much is currently known about this yet, but more will undoubtedly be released soon.

Several 3D renderings are on the website, you are able to move the camera around and view peeps, coasters, etc. along with a trailer.

Senator

I'm not sure what to make of this.. I can't decide what would be better; RCTW or this.. I'll be looking for updates definitely.
stealthsmiler

Graphics look good but the rides are too unrealistic. Think I'll be sticking with RCTW
Adam.W

stealthsmiler wrote:Graphics look good but the rides are too unrealistic. Think I'll be sticking with RCTW
Bearing in mind that the trailer wasn't game footage or anything, and these are early renderings of the rides, so it still has a long way to come :P
Sawboss

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New developer diary detailing a focus on giving the peeps personality. Really like the sound of it, the animation quality is really good. Still not much info on the rides though.
Aidan Lowe

Just seen that above video looks decent, looking forward to having a play with this next year.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
toofpikk

I undoubtedly support Planet coaster more then RCTw. Frontier were the driving force behind the RCT3 engine and I have no doubt planet coaster will be tenfold better then the current trainwreck that is/will be RCTW
stealthsmiler

I have to admit. RCTW is not looking to be what I hoped it would. I hope this can be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CharlesParry

Far more excited for Planet Coaster than RCTW. We have seen very little from PC, but they definitely have the right attitude, style and work ethic.
Aidan Lowe

Another video on their Facebook page: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Liam.W

Andy Mc wrote:Another video on their Facebook page: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Very nice.

Looking forward to playing this when it is released, unlike RCTW
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Aidan Lowe

Yet another brief video showing some flats including an Air Race.

scw55

Both games worry me.

PC's stuff which has been shown has looked polished. However, they haven't revealed much information and the publisher expected pre-ordering despite not telling us much and there being other alternative games out/coming out. Stupid decision that.

RCTW has shown us a lot. But, the game needs a lot of polish. However, the developers acknowledge the game isn't as good as it should be and have delayed release.

In a way, we are fortunate that we have TWO cakes to wait for. I'm just concerned that they will both end up being raisin cakes.
Bare in mind how RCT3 was actually not great. It's saved by its coaster builder and moddability (and talented modding community) and its playerbase that was determined to make the game look nicer.
Aidan Lowe

New dev diary: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sawboss

Looking good, love the fact it's voxels and not just a height map :D

Also the ease of building custom scenery looks great.
stealthsmiler

Deffo looking forward to this more than RCTW. This has the familiarity of RCT3 however looks to be greatly improved.
Adam.W

The next Dev Diary is out, and it's looking absolutely incredible, the game looks better than RCTW in the state that it's in now, the track editor looks good, and the whole game looks and feels like an RCT game.
scw55

Looks exciting.
Jack

Something for you all to drool over ;)

From Planet Coaster Facebook
scw55

Sweet, convincing supports. YAY!