Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Smiffy107

Andy Mc wrote:Father Christmas has arrived lol :D

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thats pretty awesome that they did that!
The woman asked 'spare a farthing for a beggar', the earl cruelly dismissed her, and instructed his driver to head back to the towers, scorned the old woman screamed the curse 'FOR EVERY BRANCH OF THE OLD OAK THAT FALLS, A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY WILL DIE!'
Aidan Lowe

Another video of the elves & Santa in CCL: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And one introducing Elve's Emporium: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
N_B

The videos are really sweet. I'm a sucker for Christmas anyway. Woo hoo, Santa!
JonDoesTT

Andy Mc wrote:http://oi67.tinypic.com/33z9o35.jpg
http://oi67.tinypic.com/30k9bma.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
People like this wind me up, and it's gotten worse because of the smiler incident.

Credit to NemesisRider
Aidan Lowe

With park attendance for next season in doubt again how do we think the marketing team will respond in regards to an Ad for 2016.

There was an advert back in the 1990s (can't be specific) seen at a minute into this video where a boy of maybe 13-14 is in bed and the map on the wall comes alive.

Now my thoughts for an advert is to be as plain as can be, taking people out of their everyday lives back to a time of wonderment. So with that said:

Going back to the roots of that advert the boy is now grown up a man mid-30s and has his own children & he's sorting through paper (dunno what) and comes across a park map. It sucks him into the map, hes now at Alton Towers. Could be present or back when he was a child, it has a host of footage for family attractions; RMT, Flume, Duel, Marauders Mayhem or whatever avoiding coasters if can be.

He's ported back out, last scenes before logos/promotions for 2016 is you just watching him grab the car keys & the family are seen walking out the front door.

Maybe even using the new rendition of ITHOTMK alongside the Alton Towers clips.

Simplistic advert in order to try and attract families back to the resort. They could simply do a 30 second ad regarding changes to Air but I hope its more generic and on a broader scope than that, its not flashy or dazzling just giving a clear message. They need numbers to pick up and imo an advert that shows Alton Towers as a family destination as an escape from everyday life needs to be reiterated given the year they just had.
Thorpegirl123

Andy Mc wrote:I dislike people like this... you need to read it!

I'm kinda happy she won't be returning, the park can do without individuals like her creating unnecessary drama where it isn't needed.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/33z9o35.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://oi67.tinypic.com/30k9bma.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if this is the same woman that me and the other half saw complaining. We had got on nemesis, were sat waiting for ages questioning why we were waiting so long but noticed a woman speaking to a ride op.

All we heard was the ride op say that he was responsible for the ride that day and would write down his name for the woman, thought nothing of it for a bit then nearly wet myself when I heard " well he was clinging on for dear life, he almost fell out" :lol

I couldn't pick up and all of the conversation, but did overhear the ride op mention how the restraint has so many different settings when it locks in place and if her son had pulled down to hard forcing it to close to him then it would just have lifted to the next setting and locked in place. Made sense to me as I have done this before. Got on, pulled my restraint down as close to me as I could and kept rattling it, only for it to lift up and release the whole rows restraints. I thought it was funny though as at the time all I kept thinking was I hope it don't do that again when we are moving :lol I havn't rattled my restraint since.

The woman in question moaning though was of the, lets say without being rude........chav variety. :roll: It might not be the same woman but the story sounds very similar, only if it is the same one then the account of the staffs attitude is far from the truth and her son didn't exactly look petrified. It might not be the same one as the woman I saw as she only had 1 lad with her.

EDIT: After seeing a picture this is not the same woman I saw.
Aidan Lowe

So during Santa's Sleepovers guests will enjoy a free Cinderella pantomime.

Prince Charming & Cinderella:

The Ugly Sisters:

Set Design: From UK Productions Ltd

Adam.W

Where will this pantomime be? I mean, I never knew there was a theatre or anything of the kind in the resort, but I do hope that it's not going to be some shabby temporary thing that is a warehouse with a few seats in :P
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Adam.W wrote:Where will this pantomime be? I mean, I never knew there was a theatre or anything of the kind in the resort, but I do hope that it's not going to be some shabby temporary thing that is a warehouse with a few seats in :P
It's in the State Room of the Conference Centre.
thi3teenloverboy14

Thorpegirl123 wrote:
Andy Mc wrote:I dislike people like this... you need to read it!

I'm kinda happy she won't be returning, the park can do without individuals like her creating unnecessary drama where it isn't needed.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/33z9o35.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if this is the same woman that me and the other half saw complaining. We had got on nemesis, were sat waiting for ages questioning why we were waiting so long but noticed a woman speaking to a ride op.

All we heard was the ride op say that he was responsible for the ride that day and would write down his name for the woman, thought nothing of it for a bit then nearly wet myself when I heard " well he was clinging on for dear life, he almost fell out" :lol

I couldn't pick up and all of the conversation, but did overhear the ride op mention how the restraint has so many different settings when it locks in place and if her son had pulled down to hard forcing it to close to him then it would just have lifted to the next setting and locked in place. Made sense to me as I have done this before. Got on, pulled my restraint down as close to me as I could and kept rattling it, only for it to lift up and release the whole rows restraints. I thought it was funny though as at the time all I kept thinking was I hope it don't do that again when we are moving :lol I havn't rattled my restraint since.

The woman in question moaning though was of the, lets say without being rude........chav variety. :roll: It might not be the same woman but the story sounds very similar, only if it is the same one then the account of the staffs attitude is far from the truth and her son didn't exactly look petrified. It might not be the same one as the woman I saw as she only had 1 lad with her.

EDIT: After seeing a picture this is not the same woman I saw.
When ever I go on Nemesis I always try to pull it down as close to my body as possible sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but has anyone noticed that by the time you've gone up the lift the restraint is locked in that position because I hold it down on the lift so it clicks and then let go to ride without holding on.....I suspect the child was over exaggerating and his mum was pressuring him. I also find that staff never push it down all the way because they don't want it to go so tight that they have to release the restraints and re adjust them they do this on most B&M coasters with OTSR. Did anyone see the one about this woman claiming her disabled son was refused first aid because he panicked on Air when it stopped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NemesisRider

thi3teenloverboy14 wrote:Did anyone see the one about this woman claiming her disabled son was refused first aid because he panicked on Air when it stopped?
Yes, I did see that particular post. She reacted negatively towards some of the enthusiast community trying to correct some things she said or provide an explanation.

In short, it was about how her son was stuck on Air and when he came off his breathing was odd. The women supposedly was told by staff they could not send First Aid over unless they contacted their boss, probably due to the fact the park is incredibly busy and First Aid have many things to attend to. Alton Towers are good at certain things, but they aren't miracle workers. Apparently they had to find First Aid by themselves and spent the rest of the night in First Aid. She mentioned specifically that it was dark and raining so I assume it was late, possibly even after the Fireworks.

Make your own judgement on the story I guess. Personally I think with how well Fireworks went in my experience, it's bound to have a few things which don't go right especially when their is lots on park and rides experience unavoidable downtime.
stealthsmiler

I know how ridiculous this woman is being given that I push my chest out to give me some wiggle room. And although I'm sure she's is exaggerating it, I do think that after the smiler incident, staff should have handled it better, especially with Alton Towers knowing how something tiny can be easily blown up Ito negative press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sawboss

stealthsmiler wrote:I do think that after the smiler incident, staff should have handled it better, especially with Alton Towers knowing how something tiny can be easily blown up Ito negative press.
That's if you believe her story about how the staff acted ;) Sometimes negative press is unavoidable.
Aidan Lowe

I'm guessing this is the exterior of Elve's Emporium. Snapped on site today by a lighting technician (I think) Daniel Stickland. Not sure where it is I'm probably guessing around where Scary Tales was.

Adam.W

I would imagine Elves Emporium would be a lot bigger, maybe a part of some building or something. To me it looks like a typical santa's grotto :P
Aidan Lowe

Well Christmas Elves are meant to be small.. :) Plus if you watch the video on the YouTube channel it may give an indication of what it might be like. It shouldn't be overly large, being small it'll be cosy :D

Found a blooper, if you watch the video here: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; check out the numbered stockings above the fireplace, 19,20,21,12,23.
Aidan Lowe

Unsure whether the two pictures next to Santa are taken on resort this year but judging by the Emporium video, his image in this photograph I'm guessing it could be early press pack images.

Liam.W

@TowersStreet: BREAKING: Sources close to @altontowers stating the park are to close Sub-Terra, Charlie, Driving School, Hex, Flume and Ripsaw in 2016.
The tweet says it all. But that's not all...
@TowersStreet: BREAKING: We also understand that Ripsaw and The Flume are to be removed from @altontowers entirely.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Tom_iSatnav

Anyone want to confirm or deny this one? I've been thrown for a loop here!

Sawboss

No one can confirm or deny it, we don't work for Alton Towers :P