Galactica - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Sawboss

I vote this for on ride audio: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xylyx

The air shop is shut, today we left through a side door just before the picture collection/stare/laugh at entrance

Quite jarring when it was open yesterday.
TH14TEEN

I think the pre show and instruction building is likely to include the current paving area next to the air queue line. I don't know where, or indeed if, there will be one but I'd assume that personally.

I wouldn't be surprised to see IMAscore audio too.
Last edited by Ladyofthelake on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit to remove double post
Morgan

According to TowersStreet on Facebook, riders currently exit via the fire exit at the top of the stairs leading into the shop.
Liam.W

Morgan wrote:According to TowersStreet on Facebook, riders currently exit via the fire exit at the top of the stairs leading into the shop.
Yea, no more ride photos too! They are obviously preparing early for next yr!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Aidan Lowe

So close season is right around the corner, the shop is cleared & preparations have begun. Here's Airs current soundtrack as I think it may have alterations or an entirely new one for 2016. Excited about the outcome, its something new.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Sawboss

Aaaah so relaxing. It's nice to have a gentler theme for this ride unlike the menacing themes to nemesis, the smiler and thirteen. Admittedly I love those themes too but variation is always good.
Dom

I am actually quite excited by this. It's about time Air had some attention to it. When I went recently (I don't go to Alton Towers that often), I felt that the ride just looked old. The station area in particular just felt a bit meh, so I am glad that is getting this. As for the rumours of VR I hope not. I like being able to see where you 'fly'.
NemesisRider

That's something that wouldn't necessarily fit in with VR. John Wradley himself said he planned the layout to "go where your body would go" and simulate flight, you would definitely lose out on this if VR tech was added.
TH14TEEN

Wardley has retired, and merlin are still seeking gimmicks. I see VR as more than viable. There would of course be the option to ride as normal.
Aidan Lowe

Obviously its not going to be completely like this but to give you guys a rough idea:

TH14TEEN

That's a point. How do we know towers are getting a roller coaster restaurant? Are we just assuming?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

TH14TEEN wrote:That's a point. How do we know towers are getting a roller coaster restaurant? Are we just assuming?
It's stated on the plans as 'Rollercoaster Restaurant'.
Aidan Lowe

Early planning submissions and recent "space" themed suggestions one could only assume it would be a Food Loop (as food flies around) but probably not titled that. I believe the restaurant signage will be Galactica which they trademarked but the ride together will become known as Air: Galactica as others suggested.

Someone over at TS did mention about maybe a possible sponsor by Mars, would make sense if its space themed. (Galaxy, Mars, Milky Way) You could have the food flying around planets as if its going around its orbit etc..
A new theming turret will be installed on the roof of the building.
If its space themed I'd imagine it'll be like a gun turret, the building is the spacecraft & you fly out of the ship and on a mission.
Sawboss

That gives me an idea for a themed restaurant, a central gun turret on the ceiling swivels around shooting high velocity food orders at the tables :P A Worlds First!
Max

Sawboss wrote:A Worlds First!
Bingo
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Ryan.B

Well, it's now the end of Air as we know it now, and probably the blade and slight chance of ripsaw, I do hope air does keep a lighter theme in terms of horror and destruction, and keeps a happy- ish theme. Chance of cadburys coming in with 'fly like a superhero' or Mars?
Jared

Cadbury's will be sponsoring the ride next season.
Aidan Lowe

Fan-made by moi, click image for a 1920 x 1080p resolution file.

Rita Fan

Dayum that's good...
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.