New Theme Park attraction(s) for 2016?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
xylyx

I hope that's not the brunt of it: the family market hasn't really declined as much as the enthusiast/thrill seeking crowd. More cbeebies is good for the family and it provides more varied rides for my daughters but I think the more white knuckle experiences need to be addressed too and even with the smiler back in operation the line up could do with a bit of love.

That tweet from AT peeked my interest, and I'm optimistic enough that they really do mean lots of new things, I just really hope for a new experience or two.
stealthsmiler

You see I think focusing on families would be a good idea. The problem with the thrill seekers isn't the ride line up. It's the lack of trust people have on the safety on the big coasters and adding a new one wouldn't necessarily get people over that. Alton Towers know that this is something they are going to have to sit and wait out. Therefore it makes sense for them to focus on the family market and keep that strong as that's what's keeping them going at the moment. Then when the Smiler is old news. Come back with something amazing. New thrilling flats would be a good idea as these will keep the thrill seekers who do go happy until a new coaster arrives. Plus the resort need a new family attraction/area as CeBeebies isn't suitable for older children. In my opinion now is a good time to retheme CCL as a family area which every member of the family can enjoy together.
A good dark ride and a new family coaster would be good. Supported by a flat or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xylyx

I agree that there needs to be more variety for the older kids but I still think they should give the line up some love. In terms of what I know about and am looking forward to next year it's basically the air refresh, and hammering the Smiler again, the rollercoaster restaurant is interesting but not a big draw for me personally.

With the low attendance numbers for the main park over the summer everyone who's interested has been able to do all the available rides more times than they care to count. And those who go purely for a day out have quickly had their fill, so a little extra spice to enhance the current line up would be a good idea I feel. Dark ride/family coaster/New flat all very welcome and good choices, I guess we'll see what they have in store.
Rosepetals36

The flume must be at the end of its life now, still a good log flume but it's had its day, maybe an indoor flume like the one at BPB, went on that for the first time last year and I was amazed by all the theming in it was truly a show not just a typical log flume!
Stan.H

Rosepetals36 wrote:The flume must be at the end of its life now, still a good log flume but it's had its day, maybe an indoor flume like the one at BPB, went on that for the first time last year and I was amazed by all the theming in it was truly a show not just a typical log flume!
But on Valhalla you get SOAKED, but yes, I do agree with. How about a MACK WATER COASTER in the dark ( :clap: To myself!!)?!! :D
Rosepetals36

It doesn't matter about gettin soaked tho it's such a good flume, we was so taken aback with it all, it was end October, night time and freezin but we didn't care lol, wasn't expecting any of it! Best flume ever

The one at DM gets you wetter
TH14TEEN

Anybody see the Flume's closure as perhaps an indication for a new attraction replacing it? Not a secret weapon, but perhaps a new water ride, indoor dark ride, or extension to mutiny bay.
Aidan Lowe

Nope not really, they confirmed it'll be back open in March.

Think the next year & 2017 will be small investments / extensions.

Air re-theme & restaurant next year. 2017 is the hotel extension? & perhaps a flat ride / extension to cBeebies then 2018 the SW8.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
xylyx

I would like to think that they are pushing ahead as planned, but you could be right.

I hope we get sw8 in 2017, even with the smiler reopened the ride line up needs a shake....the family stuff is great, but I love my adrenaline too much to be happy with Iggle bleeding piggle taking over. Still I guess we shall see.
TH14TEEN

We need a flat ride for 2016. Be it in X sector, FV or DF, we need a thrill flat.
Stan.H

TH14TEEN wrote:We need a flat ride for 2016. Be it in X sector, FV or DF, we need a thrill flat.
I definitely agree, there is a gap in my Adrenaline heart that needs to be fulfilled!! X Sector could do with one, but the Dark Forest is screaming for help, althought it's got two coasters, it needs and deserves at least one flat ride. Any suggestions??
Aidan Lowe

Well with the clearing near Rita/Th13teen entrance not occupied by the Nox Infernus Scarefest zone which I previously thought then I guess its been cleared for a reason.

I'll be slightly disappointed if nothing but the refreshed Air doesn't materialize on park as its needed a new flat for years.. its time Alton Towers!
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
xylyx

Damn straight, I know the tweet from AT a while back promised lots of exciting news for 2016, hope a new flat is part of it
MakoMania

For 2016 I'd like to see the Air upgrades, new thrill flat in Dark Forest & a shake up of the annual in park event schedule to include more than just Scarefest & Fireworks.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Liam.W

I'd love a new thrill flat ride, possibly in x-sector or dark forest.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

NemesisRider

I'm going to guess we see a new thrilling flat next year, AT know they need some new ones. As for the choice of flat there's a couple of options. Personally I see either a Zierer star shape (I can dream, OK? ;)) or a Gerstlauer SkyFly. I rode SkyForce and it's a very interactive flat ride, plus Merlin have bought one before for Legoland so it isn't too unlikely. The main problem is capacity.
MakoMania

Capacity is the reason why I think they shouldn't install a Gerstlauer Sky Fly. Something like Samurai @ Thorpe could easily fit behind Rita's first turnaround.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
stealthsmiler

I don't want a skyfly but maybe that's just because I couldn't get Skyforce to turn. It was fun trying and failing but would get very boring after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Owen

I highly doubt we will see anything particularly new next year, we are receiving
- Air V2
- Roller Coaster Restaurant
Then possibly a new large investment in 2017 - this and that I'd expect SOME sort of planning application would have been submitted by now (look at Chessington).

Just my thoughts but I don't expect to see a brand new ride for next year (although happily will be proved wrong)!
Stan.H

About this though, AT would surely be more popular if people knew there'd be a new flat and Air V2. AT would almost definately make more money again. Also they really need at thrill flat, especially if they are binning Blade and maybe Ripsaw.