Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
KoasterKraver

NemesisRider wrote:I won't be able to do the mazes this year as I'm too young, but I keep hearing great things about the finale of Molly Crowe. What happens in the finale? If you don't want to post it in the topic please private message me :)

EDIT: I've now had some PM responses so you don't need to worry about telling me now. Thanks everyone who did say :)
Can some people PM me some maze info, spoilers etc. I wont be doing the mazes this year (i don't think) i'm just going for scare zones, rides etc. Thankyou.
stealthsmiler

I did scarefest yesterday. It was brilliant. Didn't do any mazes as I thought they are too expensive. The scare zones were really good. I did see one of the actors get told off tho for scaring a really small child. First time doing nemesis in the dark and it was amazing! Highlight of the night. Saw quite a few different rides break down including Duel, Hex, Enterprise and Nemesis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speedy_no1

So quiet on park today still no smiler :(
Aidan Lowe

I believe today until Thursday starts the after 4pm tickets so hopefully it won't remain that dead all day. Kids break up later this week also so hope its a success. Apart from opening day, yesterday didn't seem too busy either considering (I'm aware it was travelers day) so some may of put off a trip.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
ginsters

Went last night but ended up leaving after getting a load of totally uncalled for abuse off some 'travellers'
The place was full of them last night, police searches etc

I'll go again later this week when I don't feel so threatened.
Count-Vonduel

So the Molly Crowe finale, Is it like a walkthrough or more like a show?
Aidan Lowe

Its a themed show of sorts, relatively short but theatrical and effective. Say hello to Molly for me!

Warning: This tweet contains brief footage of inside Sub Species maze & Molly Crowe finale themed room (without giving too much away), don't watch if you haven't been in yet imo! For those who are aren't attending Scarefest & are merely curious click away!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aidan Lowe

Cannot edit my above post now so if a merge could happen great.

Spoiler Warning: Anyway for anyone interested to see the beefy man at the human side of Sub Species check this brief video taken directly from AT facebook page and from the actors pov!

For those who wish to do a single run through of a maze on the day and have an MAP then AT twitter confirmed that the 20% off applies to these as well.

Dom

I am actually surprised that they haven't got fastrack queues for the mazes. Maybe Merlin aren't as money grabbing as i think.
Stan.H

KoasterKraver wrote:
NemesisRider wrote:I won't be able to do the mazes this year as I'm too young, but I keep hearing great things about the finale of Molly Crowe. What happens in the finale? If you don't want to post it in the topic please private message me :)

EDIT: I've now had some PM responses so you don't need to worry about telling me now. Thanks everyone who did say :)
Can some people PM me some maze info, spoilers etc. I wont be doing the mazes this year (i don't think) i'm just going for scare zones, rides etc. Thankyou.
Could someone Pm me as well, because I'm interested on your views of it. Also please could people PM about the extreme mazes and Sub Species Lockdown. You can include Thorpe Park extremes!!
JammyBand

Not to be annoying, but could someone else pm me the ending to molly crowe? I won't be visiting any time this scarefest but I'd love to know :)
Justin

Dom wrote:I am actually surprised that they haven't got fastrack queues for the mazes. Maybe Merlin aren't as money grabbing as i think.
The RIP Tour is the only way to fastrack them this year. That is £50 with a small tour added on.
Dom

dropkick10 wrote:
Dom wrote:I am actually surprised that they haven't got fastrack queues for the mazes. Maybe Merlin aren't as money grabbing as i think.
The RIP Tour is the only way to fastrack them this year. That is £50 with a small tour added on.
Yeah i know :) I was just generally saying :)
Justin

Still a Merlin fastrack though Dom lol :)
£50 for a tour and muggings here has paid it :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It's because they're already upcharge attractions.
alvpel

Sorry for being the billionth person to ask, but could someone PM everything (including the ending) that happens in Molly Crowe please. Thanks!
KoasterKraver

Just a few questions:

- Where is Operation Lockdown located? and does it have 8 endings?

- How much is Sub-Species end games related to Phalanx? The Controller??

- Is any theming recognisbale from recycled scare mazes and zones?
Aidan Lowe

Nick what was the reasoning behind this? I thought this worked really well and was very distinctive, seems a shame to have lost it. Not going to make it less awesome but curious what the thinking was behind the removal.

Seems a shame that anyone in breathing apparatus has to suffer because Darth Vader is so iconic :D
I've got rid of the breathing sound as it was too much like Darth. I think the edited track went in today or will go in tomorrow.
nickhutson

I just thought it was too close to the Darth Vader sound - I still kept the breathing out sound - just not the breathing in :)

Will see what I think when I go on Wednesday night and if I don't like how it sounds, I will put it back in!

The joy of theatre, eh?
codyy

Could someone please PM me what happens at the end of Molly Crowe, unfortunately I can't make it this year and i would love to know what happens!