Alton Towers Resort - Food and Beverage

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
LDN1

I know this is not technically on topic, but do the pizza and pasta places at Merlin parks offer a veggie choice? I remember eating there when I was a carnivore, but that was ages ago and can't remember. Other than that, pizza and pasta has always been my favourite at their other parks.
How quickly do you think I'll get blocked for creating a signature?
Dan

LDN1 wrote: I know this is not technically on topic, but do the pizza and pasta places at Merlin parks offer a veggie choice? I remember eating there when I was a carnivore, but that was ages ago and can't remember. Other than that, pizza and pasta has always been my favourite at their other parks.
I know that Explorers Pizza & Pasta at Alton Towers offers a vegetarian choice of both pizza and pasta, as well as breadsticks which are also vegetarian.

I can't comment on any other Merlin parks but I would presume they'd be the same.
wakey1512

Not sure if it's still there but there was a KFC franchise in X sector. The price was nearly as high as oblivions drop.
Sr88

wakey1512 wrote:Not sure if it's still there but there was a KFC franchise in X sector. The price was nearly as high as oblivions drop.
The drop as shown on the park map or in real?
wakey1512

Sr88 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:Not sure if it's still there but there was a KFC franchise in X sector. The price was nearly as high as oblivions drop.
The drop as shown on the park map or in real?
Whichevers highest ;)
Hari

BEST: This is such an easy one for me. It has to be WoodCutters Bar & Grill. The service was good, (however having to go up to the counter is a pain in the buttocks) the food was amazing and the layout of the restaurant is brilliant. Its much brighter than the Courtyard BBQ and feels more open. I recommend the ribs if you ever decide to pop by!

WORST: 2 words: Mexican. Cantina!
Well for one thing it always smells a bit odd in an area containing a Mexican food outlet... I have been to the one at Chessington (When beanoland was around) and the one at AT. They were both terrible with artificial food and awful service. DO NOT EAT HERE! [-(
sadie123

By far the best places to eat are the Pizza and Pasta Buffet and the Fajita restaurant. They are so yummy. The ice cream stand near Duel sells excellent ice cream too!!! I have to say, the food quality has much improved since the 'branded' external food brands have left. The Fried Chicken is sooooo much better than KFC!!!!
Sr88

Best for me is to eat in the queues to save time ;)
Des-Cheers

Certainly I prefered it when McDonalds and KFC were on site back a number of years ago. Generally you knew what you'd be getting and the prices weren't to different to the high street. Used to love the doughnuts in the Merrie England area until we went about 3 weeks ago. Holy Cow! £6.50 for 10 doughnuts i'm affraid value for money at the towers disappeared there a long time ago. And £10 for a picture.... er? not today :-(. Plus a heap of other moans on value that aren't attatched to this thread.
C:\Users\User\Desktop\alton%20sign%201a.bmp
daveclarkedaveclarke

The café on towers street is a great start to any day with Explorers Pizza & Pasta a very good and filling meal for unlimited pizza and pasta and pop.

Not tried Woodcutters yet but wanting to what does everyone recommend that has tried it?
vikkimoo

I usually get a jacket potato from the place opposite Rita...
JustWill

Best, Woodcutters: The Scarefest Burgers Are Rly Good!
Worst, Spinball Noodles: Never Open, Slow Queues.
Altonboy001

Thats becayse spinball noodles is permanently shut due to decline and developments

Best:pizza and pasta
Worst:mutiny bay bbq courtyard we cancelled before we ha it it was disgusting service and they had nothing
jjoverrun

Best has to be the Woodcutters just lovely service and amazing food 10/10

Worst: I migh get some hate but it has to be the doughnuts in DF overpriced. The assistant put no sugar on and it had loads of grease when you bit into it.

Credit to nemesis rider for this awesome pic :D
nemefan08

Best has to be the pizza and pasta buffet. Treat quality and great price, can't beet it.

Worst will be the dark forest hot dogs. Tasted cheap and were tiny for the price.

Special mention goes to spinball noodles for never once being open while I have been there. :clap:
alicheesy

Definitely agree with everyone- the pizza and pasta buffet is great (although the juice in the new juice machine isn't very nice). I also love the pasties at Mutiny Bay and they are good to eat on a cold day in a long queue.
TH14TEEN

BEST: Depends on your needs/wants. For the ultimate service experience in towers it has to be woodcutters, for the best food (possibly anyway) and themed feel, I love the courtyard bbq in mutiny bay.

WORST: Fried Chicken Co.
Mermalizer

Woodcutters is very good - I can't remember what I had there but it was very nice. We had to queue to get in, well worth it though.
Burger Kitchen chips are okay, nothing special.
Prepare to be mermalized!
Luce

My favourites would be Pizza Pasta, Woodcutters and I think the Burger Kitchens are quite good too.

Special mention has to be to the pasty place in Dark Forest which does a really good cheese and onion pasty :)
ponder

Woodcutters is best by quite a distance, imo. However, I understand that it's more of a sit-down meal than a quick bite on the fly, and slightly more pricey. You get what you pay for, though.