Alton Towers Fonts

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
SPAD

can anyone send me the Mother Hen font - i can't find it for free anywhere and i really would like it for a project that i am working on at the moment for work!
simonjonnemeth

can anyone send me the Mother Hen font - i can't find it for free anywhere and i really would like it for a project that i am working on at the moment for work!
Dr.Kelham's link for Mother Hen AOE is still active. You'll find it further back in the thread, but here's the link anyway: https://mega.co.nz/#!WUMQlLCQ!IlpYbwmdp ... 0XR5l_K7bk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bear in mind this is a commercial font so you really should pay for it.
Ryan.B

Does anyone have any idea what the font is from the duel logo and is there any Avalible?
KoasterKraver

Ryan.B wrote:Does anyone have any idea what the font is from the duel logo and is there any Avalible?
Unfortunately that is an unknown font to many of us. I'm not sure if it is even a font or just lettering created for the logo. It has similar fonts which I have seen but nothing the same. I have wondered this myself. Anything can appear though:)
KoasterKraver

Noticed the font on the Alton Towers Hotel logo is also used on many signs across the hotel and box office. The font that says 'Hotel', I'm guessing it is one created by the graphic designers but not too sure.
evacx13

I've been looking for the Mother Hen font everywhere but all the links are dead :( Does anyone have a copy they could send me or any active links floating around? I'm making an Alton Towers Birthday Invite for my son and want to use the font.
DrKelman

I did a quick file upload so i am not sure if this will work or not but doesn't hurt to try right?

https://encodable.com/cgi-bin/filechuck ... r-hen_.ttf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DrKelman

Not related to Alton towers fonts but i am not sure where else to ask but does anyone know what text they use for the Big one at Blackpool Pleasure Beach? Or the standard text they use on the logo? Trying to make a logo but can't seem to find the text they use.
S.J_O'Grady

It was designed specifically for them so I don't believe there's any way to get hold of it, sorry!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
DrKelman

The Sky Sailor wrote:It was designed specifically for them so I don't believe there's any way to get hold of it, sorry!
No worries! I will try and experiment with other fonts and see if i can get it close enough to the original, thanks for replying. :D
SmilerJoe

Is it possible if anyone can send me a link to the Mother hen font? I have tried all the link before but there all invalid unfortunatly.
The Smiler life
BRADSMILER

Please can someone send me a link for mother hen font, the links are dead! im in so desperate need for it!

thanks
Jacko11111

This is a hint - definitely legal - but you could go to the premium purchase link, enter your text to preview, then prt scr?
https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/astigmati ... r-hen-aoe/
ThatGalacticaFan02

Anybody looking for Galactica? Galactica uses ITC Avant Garde Gothic.
Nickolai

Does anyone know the font Wickerman uses?
Formally Smiler313
Adam.W

Smiler313 wrote:Does anyone know the font Wickerman uses?
Looking at the curvature and colouring of the text, I wouldn't be surprised if the text was done by the artist designing the logo rather than an actual font. I guess we'd have to wait until we see more advertising to fully determine this though.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It does look as though it is a custom font in the logo, however some of the glyphs are similar to the DK Plague Master font which has been used in more recent marketing content.
Nickolai

It looks very similar! Thank you both for your answers!
Formally Smiler313
Yappo

I've put together a font of the runes used in the Wicker Man marketing, the link is in my signature. All the letters are there but I haven't included any of the numbers yet as we only have a few of those. Hope it comes in useful and/or fun!
Created with my unofficial Beornen runes font, available here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Yappo wrote:I've put together a font of the runes used in the Wicker Man marketing, the link is in my signature. All the letters are there but I haven't included any of the numbers yet as we only have a few of those. Hope it comes in useful and/or fun!
Thanks for sharing! We do just appear to be missing the symbol for 6 and 9 now, according to where we’ve been keeping track on the SW8 minisite.