How do you feel about re-riding rides?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
RCandrew

awsomelycoolboy wrote:
for example last year I went on nemesis twice, rita three times and thirteen three times between 9-10:15, then I made my way around the rest
wow. How did you manage to travel from one end of the park to the other? Nemmy 2 times and go straight to rita do that 3 times then do th13teen 3 times in 5 minuets... Or are you just overexaggeratig? (XD man that is hard to spell! I think I even spelt it wrong)
[move]I have officially been Corrected[/move]
It was within an hour and fifteen minutes! And we made the stupid mistake of trying to run through the gardens, never agin!! :lol:
awsomelycoolboy

It was within an hour and fifteen minutes! And we made the stupid mistake of trying to run through the gardens, never agin!!
Next time, try the sky ride XD, never trust the gardens, I got lost in them when I was little!
Rollermad

Beat this, 18 times in a row on the chessington spinning ship :D. We normally do everything once and repeat at the end or if there's no queue
memgrubb

I couldn't re-ride Nemesis.

All the others I ride once then go back when I fancy another ride.
Groovee

When we went in 2010, it was a holiday weekend for us, so we arrived on the Monday. It was dead as it was term time everywhere else. My son who was 8, loved the mine train and we were getting off, running round and getting back on. He was in his element.

We rode nearly every ride by lunchtime meaning we were just riding whatever we fancied. The kids and I did charlie while hubby was on the big rides.
Thorpe Towers 13

For me it depends on where you sit, using Oblivion as an example you can have loads of different experiences with that ride. Back seat - intense but for me not as intense as the front row far left or right (that wall is bloody close!) At the front you literally have the breath knocked out of you its incredible. So on the whole I would say any ride is re-rideable due to seat location :) though obviously you wont have the same rush from it as you did that first time you ever rode it
Adam.W

I can probably say this from experience, as I've only gone on quiet days - I like to ride a ride a few times, then move on. Then at the end of the day I'd walk back to my favourite area and ride the rides for a few times until they close ;)
Morgan

Re-riding is fine. I will usually re-ride once I've done what I want to. Sometimes I will re-ride because the previous ride was so good, like on The Swarm :3
Ryan.B

Depends what ride it is, I find Nemesis, The Smiler and Air all re ride able but not Oblivion, Rita and Thirteen as they all are one trick ponies ( I do re ride them but it loses part of the excitement after a couple of goes)
Themeparksandy1981

There only 1 ride I re-ride now and it's Duel. In the 12 years it's been there I not been beaten on it.
Alton Towers had the top 3 re-rider rides ever.

1st) Astro Dancer in 1993. When it was first added to the park each vehicle had a steering wheel so you could spin it yourself. It was my Favourite ride on my first visit and my most missed ride of all time.

2nd) Energizer when this ride was in festival park it was my 3rd best ride behind Nemesis and the Astro Dancer. I loved it when the ride ops use to control the whole ride themselves I kept going back on it as every ride was different

3rd) Ripsaw now I not been on this ride for quite a while but for the first couple of seasons I quite enjoyed it when the ops controlled the ride themselves. You use to get wet lots and do lots of loops. The only pointless bit was having your photo taken after the ride had finished.
Max

I for one thoroughly enjoy rerides, if there's no queue we'll normally just ride until we can't do another lap:D Whilst on the subject i managed 7 colossus rerides at thorpe MAP weekend, and 5 on rattlesnake at chessie... I believe the most i've done is 27 on nemesis during an ert last season.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Sr88

Do things a few times, move on. It does depend partly on the ride though, as some rides, such as Air, I may get bored of, whereas I think Oblivion or The Smiler would be better.
Stan.H

I agree with SW88, I hate Air so I only ride it my friends want to ride it and it's under 30 mins, I will re-ride at night during scarefest though. But I doubt I will ever get bored off re-riding Nemesis, Smiler, Th13teen e.c.t
Sr88

In ideal, non-busy conditions I would ride them a few times (3 maybe?) then move on, and come back later. Some rides obviously 'deserve' to be ridden more than others of course (Nemesis is obviously a big fan favourite).

At busy times I go where the queues aren't and re-ride what I can.
Stan.H

Sr88 wrote:In ideal, non-busy conditions I would ride them a few times (3 maybe?) then move on, and come back later. Some rides obviously 'deserve' to be ridden more than others of course (Nemesis is obviously a big fan favourite).

At busy times I go where the queues aren't and re-ride what I can.
Would you queue 90 minutes for Nemmie...

I did!
Chris_c_4
Team
Team

I really enjoy re-riding rides, it is great to go on the ride a few times in quick succession to get a full experience of the ride - possibly trying out a range of seats to test out the different forces on the ride.
I find it is also one of the best ways to maximise the number of rides that I go on in a day - by going on each ride a few times, then moving on to the next.

It's a shame that it is not normally possible to actually stay on a ride if it is quiet enough and get a 'Propper re-ride' like it is at other parks. So far I've only been able to stay on Duel - and that was becaue it was raining :-)
Sentri558

I would re-ride Nemesis a few times, but other than that only rides with 40ish minute queues. I could alternate between 2 or 3 rides for hours though :3
thi3teenloverboy14

I enjoy re rides but after around 3 rides i get a bit bored of going on and move onto something else. For example i rode Air 2 times (walkon) and Nemesis x3 also walkon even them being walkon i like to get on everything before the queues build! I knew THI3TEEN gets a big queue so i got the skyride to that and got on in 20 min but it was on 2 train service.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
Adam.W

I wouldn't reride duel, the smiler (due to previously long queues), Rita, the flume, Congo river Rapids, enterprise, and a few others
MakoMania

I love re-riding Obivion, Nemesis, Sonic & The Smiler. I'll ocassionally re-ride 13, air & rita but nothing else really.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]