Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

Thorpe park has released a video onto Facebook about this. The video also mentions Professor Green and Rixton will be appearing, as well as breakthrough acts performing daily. The dates are 6th July - 30th August.
Ryan.B

I reckon a coaster there wil happen in2018/2019 can't see Thorpe going 2012-2020 without a large coaster, 6/7 years is long enough anyway, never mind 8!
RedStar98

I haven't actually been to thorpe park yet this season, but if the reports on TripAdvisor are anything to go, the majority of views on the maze seem to be negative. In fact, I don't recall seeing a single positive review of it- it wasn't just the long waits but things weren't working to well either apparently. I'll have to have a look when I can get there, but I'll have to say it doesn't look to promising sadly.
Dom

The problem with The Swarms area is there isn't really a huge amount that can be done. It is actually quite a large coaster and the extensive themeing means space in the area has become used up. As for the theme, they kind of shot themselves in the foot. Merlin aren't known for themeing and by adding a new ride or attraction to the area would mean them actually having to spend money on themeing, and extensive themeing at that, which they don't really do for flat rides.
Dom

I have experienced it, and when i did we had some great runs. But from what i've heard, it does seem like the experience has gone down hill a bit, which is a shame. I think they are still trying to find there feet with the attraction. I hope things improve as it really does have so much potential.
Ryan.B

The small island behind is one of the only places where they could put a coaster without tree felling, removing rides etc, there must be a large coaster coming soon because it will be6/7 years without a large thrill coaster because the dark ride will take up to much money for 2017 I think so by the time an coaster comes it might be 2018/2019, and probably 2019 because SW8 or A large development at Alton is likely for 2017, and they might want a year after that opens so it doesn't lose its storm in 2018, I can see merlin putting a two year gap in between all large developments at Alton, and Chssington, so I expect the Area behind Swarms area to be used for the next coaster at Thorpe
Luce

I went through IAC on Saturday and loved the theming - it does look jungle-like and I quite like the pre-show video beforehand. However, I wasn't overly impressed with the maze itself and felt it was one of those attractions that isn't worth waiting a long time for.

Having said that, the bit at the end was good :)
Hazard

Thought it was awful when we went. Fast track queue took forever (20 plus minutes) and it all seemed a bit disjointed inside as in no one knew what they were doing because nothing was explained properly. Things were missing, staff didn't really seem that into it (some did, others didn't) and it kind of felt like the whole thing was rushed and a big scramble to get out of there by either not doing everything or no rewards for even doing the tasks anyway. And it didn't feel like a maze at all.

Shame really as the gimmick has potential, some of the things inside look cool and the intro video is cool (this coming from someone who doesn't follow the show) but its missing something and can't imagine anyone wanting to do it again either so doesn't have that come back again factor.

I may sound critical here but probably the biggest waste of space ride/attraction since Hex (and I would only vote for Hex on the basis of waiting nearly 2 hours when it first opened).
Stan.H

Swarm!
Chris_c_4
Team
Team

I voted for Saw becaue I really enjoy the crazy drops, and I think that the themeing of the building is really good. Stealth is a close second, as I think that is a pretty awesome launched coaster :)
Ryan.B

The Swarm- it's not intense, but it is thrilling, does have the zero G roll, and is unique, also, the pullout of the drop is quite intense as well as the inclined loop, the near misses a thrilling, and fit in with the theme, and unlike other wing coasters, the theme starts when you walk into the area, not when you get on the ride, there is fire, smoke, water, sound effects, and you can even touch the theming and the area is themed, not just the ride, look at the fire engine, ambulance, queueline, station and the plane wings, my second favourite UK coaster!
themeparkcollective

Footage from the backstage tour of Stealth today:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kirsty25

I'm with Chris, I went for The Swarm, closely followed by Stealth, equally, Thorpe is overall my favourite UK park :)
SamTP

My vlog from Saturday if anyones interested?
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Luce

I'm also going to vote for The Swarm - it has some great elements such as the first inversion and some really good near misses. Then afterwards is a close call between Stealth and Nemesis Inferno :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's a really nice video featuring some drone footage of Thorpe Park which appeared on my News Feed this morning.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Tickets are now on sale for Island Beats - http://www.seetickets.com/tour/island-beats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Prices for the concerts do vary according to which act is performing, but otherwise tickets to just Summer Nights will be £15, and concert tickets can be combined with full day tickets or just those for Summer Nights. There's also a VIP concert package on offer too.

Tickets for Annual Pass holders can be booked through the resort's website.
Dom

lewis97 wrote:Here's a really nice video featuring some drone footage of Thorpe Park which appeared on my News Feed this morning.
Thank you for sharing. That video is stunning.
Jack

wow! that is absolutely amazing! :D
Stan.H

Michelle wrote:I wouldn't say it's entirely correct to say The Vamps have slowed up, they released 4 singles last year and appear to be touring currently, of the 4 acts they're the ones I'd be most interested in seeing if I'm honest.
I'm interested in seeing how much they charge for these events and whether they replace summer nights altogether, would be a shame if they do I think.
I'm really happy they're continuing to offer music events, there's just something I love about the mix of theme parks and live music.
But their fan base is getting lost, their music is starting to get tired, and their tour is defo not a sell out (even with £15/£20 tickets!!). They are more of a support act rather than the main one. O:)