Holiday World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Alex

I love the hand cut out, it should let me put my hands up if I ever get the chance to ride it.
stealthsmiler

maybe once the barn has weathered it will look better
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's the latest episode of Hard Hat Chronicles, which focuses on the fly-through barn.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Thunderbird Cam is no longer displaying views of Thunderbird and instead looks at some of Holiday World's other attractions, what's more the Construction Cam has been turned off and replaced with the screen below. Looks as though testing is now underway!

[align=center]Image[/align]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

These images have just been posted on Facebook by Holiday World, hinting towards imminent full testing as well as providing a closer look at the station's interior and exterior.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The latest episode of Hard Hat Chronicles provides an insight into some of the preliminary testing on the launch as well as a look at what's inside the Will Power Building.

A recent tweet from Holiday World also implies that Thunderbird has undergone it's first full test, so hopefully we'll see photos and videos soon!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's some on and off ride footage of the first test launch, up into the Immelmann. I can't wait to see a full POV, as it does look like it's got some speed to it and a B&M roar.
Jack

A lot quicker than you would have thought! early stages of testing, yes, but even so! very impressed with how powerful the launch seems to be as well! :D
NemesisRider

I think this could possibly be the most intense B&M wing coaster yet! Whilst Gatekeeper does look quite forceful, that launch and the way Thunderbird keeps to an actually quite fast speed is impressive.
Aidan Lowe

The sound of that coaster :D tbh this is one of the few this year I'm hoping is a success and is as good as it looks.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Someone over on TPR filmed a test run on the recently adjusted webcam. Holiday World also posted a few photos on the mini site; these two show the Thunderbird sign on the station which was added a few days ago.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

A new video released by Holiday World includes some on and off ride footage of the vertical loop.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The latest HoliBlog post focusses on the addition of the signs to the Will Power building, which acts as a nod to Will Koch. The article also contains a video of the occasion and more on-ride footage up to the zero-g roll.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

This video for the first rider auction features additional on and off ride footage up to the fly-through barn.

I was watching the webcam yesterday and it does look like it'll have a fair bit of speed through the elements. We'll just have to wait for the reviews to see whether this will prove to be the revolutionary B&M wing coaster many want it to be.
daveclarkedaveclarke

Anyone want to bid on the front left seat (from in front of the train) in the auction? Only at $1500 for the pair of seats in the current auction.

The money looks like it goes to a great cause as its a unique way of getting the 1st ride on the new coaster.
Jack

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New video of the ride testing at night, looks great! :D
daveclarkedaveclarke

The more I see of this ride the better it is looking! Shame ill never get to ride it :(
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Launching with smoke!

Source: Holiday World's Twitter
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Backwards facing POV up to the fly-through barn.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The first Thunderbird TV Advert. There will be another featuring actual ride footage .