Virtual Towers Online

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Capt.Barnacles

So as some of you are aware, Coaster-inc, myself and a group of other NoLimits 2/Sketchup users are working on a full scale recreation of Alton Towers Resort in NoLimits 2. Work is constantly progressing and we are excited to finally be providing you all with updates on TowersTimes, so you can all view how we're getting along! Watch this space soon for our first post of updates!
Owen

I thought that there was already a topic about this :-k
Either way this is looking smashing! Look forward to release!
Jack

^that was CoasterInc's RCT3 projects, this is a totally different thing that branched off one of CoasterInc's projects ;)
Owen

jackandylan123 wrote:^that was CoasterInc's RCT3 projects, this is a totally different thing that branched off one of CoasterInc's projects ;)
It was the nemesis thing I just thought it may have carried on from there like on NLE ;)
Mace Windu

hi, just better wade in here a min.... yeah it did follow on from the rct project but has grown exponentially from what was just nemesis and air to now the whole park... dan wanted to make a new thread on here as he wanted to be in charge of keeping TT up to date with it for those that don't have facebook and those that actually want to keep up to date with the progress... my thread i think kind of died off coz i stopped working with rct for making the move to nl2, but i couldn't work out how to change the thread name so it just got left...

for those that do have facebook and havent seen the progress, check here

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectTowersNL2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and for those that don't have facebook, hopefully dan will get some updates going on here too.
Capt.Barnacles

As promised, here is your first look at where this project currently stands!
Hex/Fountain square
The Towers
Dark Forest
X-Sector
Park Entrance/Towers Street

While we are aware this hasn't shown everything yet, we'll have more areas looked at as they're updated, enjoy for now! :D
NemeJaney

This really is amazing :D
SmilerLover

Will this be avalable for download at the end?
Credit to NemesisRider for this awsome signature! :moj
Capt.Barnacles

Hi SmilerLover, yes once the entire park project is complete we are releasing as a download. On top of this, a special video will be made that simulates an entire 8 hour day at the Alton Towers Resort. This can be viewed as a full 8 hour video, or individual segments, that include walks from one ride to another, on ride POVs, walkthrough attractions, and off ride views of all the rides. What we're planning is configuring it with menus for each type of view, so if you wanted to ride Nemesis but wanted to see the walk/skyride trip to Forbidden Valley, you could do just that :)

A small update for anyone following, once our Facebook page reaches 300 likes we will be announcing a date for a Twitch livestream where you can ask myself, The CodeMaster and Coaster-inc any questions relating to the project as well as some working footage of some parts of the park! So if you're on Facebook, find our page (Linked to by Coaster-inc above) and hit that like button to see the livestream that little bit sooner! We'll post a link here when we start the stream so you won't miss the opportunity to see it :)

Smile. Always.

-Dan
Capt.Barnacles

Hi all, a quick update from us, anyone who can access facebook, we've posted a small video on our page showing a little something that The CodeMaster has been working on. Nemesis now features riders! Be sure to check it out!
NickiFan

This whole project is incredible, well done guys!
Capt.Barnacles

Hey everyone, an update from my end of it all, while the whole project has gone rather quiet lately, work hasn't stopped on some areas, one of which is The Smiler. Support work is being done with the central area of the ride seeing the most work at the moment. Here's a few pictures for you all, enjoy! :)
Capt.Barnacles

While I've been working on The Smiler, coaster-inc and The Codemaster have been working hard to get Air's and Runaway Mine Train's track custom made, since the In-Sim NL2 generated tracks have misspaced crossties for Air, and RMT's track doesn't exist yet. Enjoy these pics for now! :)
NemeJaney

Do Alton Towers know about this? If so, I hope they're following the progress because it really deserves their recognition!
NemesisRider

This project is looking great Dan! :D Well done to you and the rest of the team!
Capt.Barnacles

Apologies for the lack of updates lately, work's been progressing slowly recently because we've each had things tying us up, but rest assured, this is still moving forward! Just a general update here, rather than anything specific. We now have a URL for the multistream that will take place eventually, or if anyone is individually streaming you can still watch them here: http://multitwitch.tv/coasterinc/s_boz/ ... CT3/djd711" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now for what's been happening around the park. This is no small secret anymore but we have had input from the man himself, John Wardley! John has kindly provided us with the overhead schematics for Katanga Canyon and as a result, progress has increased over in that area with Duel's plaza started, and the track layouts for Runaway Mine Train, Congo River Rapids and The Flume drastically improved! Also Boz has been working a lot on updating the area around Air thanks to the new plans submitted regarding the Food Loop restaurant.
Capt.Barnacles

TWITCH STREAM TONIGHT!

That's right, you can catch up with me, Coaster-inc, Dave, and CodeMaster, and ask any questions about the project! Find the stream here: http://multitwitch.tv/coasterinc/s_boz/ ... CT3/djd711" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Capt.Barnacles

To anyone that managed to tune into the multistream we hope you enjoyed getting an insight into what we do, we now have an update on Towers Street, with Coaster-inc having just spent a week at Towers, he's had plenty of time to get photos to make progress all over the park. The Air plaza is coming along nicely, being nearly done, but we now have a few small details modelled and in place. Enjoy! :)
Capt.Barnacles

Project Towers is now on Twitter! Be sure to follow our page for any updates!

https://twitter.com/ATP_NL2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Capt.Barnacles

Update time! Whilst the park has been closed, the whole team (now seven of us) has used this opportunity to focus on working as hard as we can, allowing us to have completed most of Air's landscape and trackwork, along with a vastly increased focus on Duel and Gloomy Wood. Enjoy!