Future Plans for the Towers themselves

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
CorkyForever

DannyG wrote:It's normally April- early September :)
OK, thanks. Are they really regular?
Most Recent Visit
Danny

CorkyForever wrote:
They aren't guided tours, the Towers are just open to the public between those dates. I think many in here would like there to be tours, but currently there isn't :)
CorkyForever

DannyG wrote:
CorkyForever wrote:
They aren't guided tours, the Towers are just open to the public between those dates. I think many in here would like there to be tours, but currently there isn't :)
OK, thanks for the info. I've seen video of the special guided tours but I know those are rare.
Most Recent Visit
Henry

I'd like to see them kept the same but with more cleaning and restoration to stop it deteriorating any more. The glass parts where the Sanctuary queue starts could have a small cafe put in and just general restoration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Justin

I love the Towers as they are, however I think they could be cleaned up a bit more.
Signage needs to be refreshed too, perhaps with a bit more information.

Personally, I would love a Behind The Scenes tour of the Towers, especially where they Mazes are boarded up!
Tom

I think it's inevitable that over time more bits and pieces will be restored, we've seen this happening in recent years. If you go up to the roofs you can see that quite a bit of work has been undertaken on some of the chimneys.

I know a reasonable amount of information about the towers themselves (I've read too many books), I'd be more than happy to wander around with people who are interested.
Lee

It costs a small fortune just to keep The Towers standing, so sadly any aesthetic restoration is quite low on the resorts priority list. As with all new attraction applications however, there is some element of major work carried out to the ruins to appease the local council. Whilst slower, that system seems to be working to everyone's benefit.

PS: Tom is genuinely an expert of the ruins and gardens.
MRWTHO-AT

Been a long since I've posted on here properly, but it's been good to see the various AT discussions. In terms of the restoration of the Towers, I would love to see the main parts (such as the Banqueting Hall) restored to their former glory inside as well as out; with part of it and other areas given over to TOTT at Halloween. I would also simultaneously restore the Flag Tower as well and re-open that area to the public.

Of course it does depend on money and investment at the end of the day...
Martin
cookiee_munster

saw this on instagram the other day, and it reminded me of the banquet hall. i'd still love to see it as a restaurant. for the folks that are there more for the scenery and less of the thrills.

missingaa

cookiee_munster wrote:I'd love to see some kind of restaurant make its home in the banquet hall of the towers.

not sure how easy it would be to do that... id just much rather see something like that than another ride. id also love to see a fully furnished room from once upon a time.

i think so much could be made from the towers rather than them just being "ruins"
I love this idea, though I'd go one step further and make it a medieval dining "experience." You could run hourly / 2 hourly sittings, each with a medieval banquet and accompanying medieval entertainment, possibly a show of some sort. It would be a fantastic addition. Add in some fancy dress, each guest putting on a medieval tunic or something similar upon entering, and the whole feel of it can be fantastic.

Anyone who ever went to the Christmas banqueting experiences at the old 'Tales of Robin Hood' attraction in Nottingham will know how good these can be. (And also that what I am proposing is almost a carbon copy, lol.)
Stan.H

cookiee_munster wrote:saw this on instagram the other day, and it reminded me of the banquet hall. i'd still love to see it as a restaurant. for the folks that are there more for the scenery and less of the thrills.

That would be such a great location for a wedding reception, or even just an upper class restaurant!
cookiee_munster

Emporium wrote:
cookiee_munster wrote:saw this on instagram the other day, and it reminded me of the banquet hall. i'd still love to see it as a restaurant. for the folks that are there more for the scenery and less of the thrills.

That would be such a great location for a wedding reception, or even just an upper class restaurant!
its weird. the panelling on the walls remind me of the towers, im sure back in the day it was panelled very similar to that.

the ceiling lit up like that actually reminded me of the vault in Hex. :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As posted on TowersTimes News this evening, Alton Towers have submitted a planning application to complete the restoration of the window in the Banqueting Hall.

The project was originally approved back in 2010, but unfortunately the company Towers employed to complete the work appeared to encounter financial difficulties and has since been dissolved. With a new firm now on board, it seems initial work has already begun, with the intention for it to all be complete by the end of 2021.
Morgan

This is arguably the best news from Towers in a long time! It's always great to see the underlooked Heritage side of the site looked after, especially this particular window given it's attempt to be restored about a decade back. Really hope this is a sign of things to come- although, on a random spot of speculation- don't Towers usually restore something heritage related before applying for a big new investment? Silly wishful thinking but it's possible. But regardless of whether thats true or not, the fact that the park are restoring the window is phenomenal news.
MakoMania

^My thoughts as well Morgan. Buttering the planners up for a big risky application in the next couple of years is certainly a possibility.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Mr_Gibson

I would love to see the park utilising the Towers more, I always loved what they did with Hex, so any restoration work is good with me!
cookiee_munster

For anyone interested in seeing the restored windows (who haven't been able to see them at the park) here's a news article/video on the restoration :)

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/st ... ed-6021243