Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
RIDECRAZY

Yeah I'll give one a ring in the morning, just thought someone on her might of used one before, saving the hassle of a ring! :P Can the Kellogg's 2FOR1 vouchers be used during half term? They don't expire till April 2015, just scared of exclusion dates! Anyone know or planning on using them?
jjoverrun

This is not a question special to 2015 but I have always wanted to know why air slows down for 10 seconds or so on the lift hill then speeds up again?

Credit to nemesis rider for this awesome pic :D
Dan

jjoverrun wrote:This is not a question special to 2015 but I have always wanted to know why air slows down for 10 seconds or so on the lift hill then speeds up again?
That is because sometimes the craft that is going round the track hasn't hit the brake run at the end, so the lift hill will automatically slow down until the craft in front has safely passed through those brakes.
Zach

RIDECRAZY wrote:Yeah I'll give one a ring in the morning, just thought someone on her might of used one before, saving the hassle of a ring! :P Can the Kellogg's 2FOR1 vouchers be used during half term? They don't expire till April 2015, just scared of exclusion dates! Anyone know or planning on using them?
Exclusion dates will be listed on the voucher :)
Macca79

Hi.
I actually have a week on so am hoping after all these years to attend a TT meet.
The 28/03/15 meet can i get a few details please. Cost, is it a day or over night trip, how does it all work really :)

Thank you in advance.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Macca79 wrote:Hi.
I actually have a week on so am hoping after all these years to attend a TT meet.
The 28/03/15 meet can i get a few details please. Cost, is it a day or over night trip, how does it all work really :)

Thank you in advance.
The event is just on the Saturday, so there's no requirement to stay overnight.

However, the event is expected to start at around 8am so if you've got a long way to travel you may want to stay over the night before. Also there is a social on Saturday evening which everyone's welcome to attend and so many choose to stay over in the on-site hotels.
NemesisRider

Was Nemesis' track always meant to look worn/a bit rusty? I've just been looking through the construction archives and it looks that way. Was it intentional or is it just the photo quality?
Owen

I would assume they were going for a rusty look as it makes the ride look much more intimidating in my opinion - this is a way to make it scary without the use of much height :)
gmonster

Hi folks,
This will be the 1st time going to Towers with my partner in a wheelchair so we have not noticed disabled access before, but do the rides have wheelchair access seperate to normal waiting line? Cheers
Danny

gmonster wrote:Hi folks,
This will be the 1st time going to Towers with my partner in a wheelchair so we have not noticed disabled access before, but do the rides have wheelchair access seperate to normal waiting line? Cheers
At Alton Towers there are usually designated disabilities/wheelchair queue, but for some rides you will queue at the exit of the ride. Hope this helps and you have a good day :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Most rides' wheelchair access is via their exit or a designated disabled queueline. To be able to access the park's attractions in this way, you will need to ensure that you visit Guest Services at the beginning of your day to collect a Ride Access Pass and wristband. Your partner will need to bring photographic ID and documentation detailing their disability, in order to be eligible for the Pass.

The resort have a leaflet with all the information, which can be found here.
Morgan

You get given a card so when you go on a big ride, they write a time you can ride another big ride.
definedancing

What kind of merchandise is being sold for Nemesis 21st anniversary? Just hoodies and t-shirts or are there smaller things too?
Michelle

Hoodies and t-shirts are all I noticed in the shop last weekend, though possibly they'll have a bigger selection in main season? I'd quite like a keyring!
gmonster

DannyG wrote:
At Alton Towers there are usually designated disabilities/wheelchair queue, but for some rides you will queue at the exit of the ride. Hope this helps and you have a good day :)
lewis97 wrote:Most rides' wheelchair access is via their exit or a designated disabled queueline. To be able to access the park's attractions in this way, you will need to ensure that you visit Guest Services at the beginning of your day to collect a Ride Access Pass and wristband. Your partner will need to bring photographic ID and documentation detailing their disability, in order to be eligible for the Pass.

The resort have a leaflet with all the information, which can be found here.
TTheory wrote:You get given a card so when you go on a big ride, they write a time you can ride another big ride.
Cheers guys and really appreciate it :D
kenmac15

If you buy a day ticket for the opening Saturday & a rebound ticket for the Sunday can I buy another one for the Monday or can you only get one for one day being the Sunday?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

No, it's not possible to buy a next day bounceback ticket using a bounceback ticket as you are required to produce a standard park ticket when you go to purchase the bounceback.
kenmac15

Thought so, only asked as me & my daughter have annual passes but the ex Mrs is coming as well & she doesn't & wanted to stay till Monday but that's out the window then lol
Craftylee

Hey guys, I'm looking at heading to AT in May, specifically May 12th-14th. Would any of you be able to let me know if this is a busy time? And what queues are roughly like this time of year?

Much appreciated!
Macca79

kenmac15 wrote:Thought so, only asked as me & my daughter have annual passes but the ex Mrs is coming as well & she doesn't & wanted to stay till Monday but that's out the window then lol
What you could do is always find a nice person in the park to give you their standard ticket at the end of the day so you can get another bounce back.