Rides you want to see leave the park.

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Martin

I'm always sad to see any ride go because they become nostalgic and create some everlasting memories for everyone.
But as with everything else the parks have to improve and evolve.
However if I had to choose one to go it would be The Flume. I honestly believe that this type and style of ride has moved on dramatically over the years and Towers have an amazing amount of space there to build something spectacular that all the family could enjoy.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
kenmac15

dantheman wrote:
kenmac15 wrote:1st to go has to be Nemesis Sub-Terra the most disappointing thing ever !!!!!!!!!
2nd Duel
What! No way. I think Nemesis sub terra is a good enough, not fantastic by any means but still good enough.Plus it is too new to take away. I agree about Duel for the most part though :yes: . But we all have our likes and dislikes and if they are yours thats fine. Dont you think that rides like ripsaw or The Flume should go before these because Ripsaw and the flume are, in my opinion, in need of a dire revamp or a replacement?
I'm sure that there's loads of people who love sub terra but it does nothing for me at all & I was really shocked that it cost £4 million.
Now ripsaw I think still gets the pulse up a bit,
Every park needs a flume ride admittedly it could do with a revamp taller/steeper drop.
sw7nutter

Rita. Its a pile of scrap.
TheBeast

kenmac15 wrote:
dantheman wrote:
kenmac15 wrote:1st to go has to be Nemesis Sub-Terra the most disappointing thing ever !!!!!!!!!
2nd Duel
What! No way. I think Nemesis sub terra is a good enough, not fantastic by any means but still good enough.Plus it is too new to take away. I agree about Duel for the most part though :yes: . But we all have our likes and dislikes and if they are yours thats fine. Dont you think that rides like ripsaw or The Flume should go before these because Ripsaw and the flume are, in my opinion, in need of a dire revamp or a replacement?
I'm sure that there's loads of people who love sub terra but it does nothing for me at all & I was really shocked that it cost £4 million.
Now ripsaw I think still gets the pulse up a bit,
Every park needs a flume ride admittedly it could do with a revamp taller/steeper drop.
Gotta be with Dantheman on this one- Sub-Terra is pretty good, and works well alongside Nemesis to draw people away. Im for the removal of Rita as long as it would be replaced by a rly fast or high ride (faster than Rita), otherwise its kinda redundant
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
jjoverrun

Hard one I would say submission as I have had many painful experiences on it but it is gone now. Ok I think that the Ice Age attraction should go as it is quite boring to be honest also the maintenance was shocking on my last visit I sat down on a wad of chewing gum! [-X

Credit to nemesis rider for this awesome pic :D
TheBeast

Unlucky! I agree- the Ice Age section was a bit of a publicity stunt and is kinda pointless in my opinion
alicheesy

Yeah I agree with Ice Age being pointless. I was sat in there knowing I could be doing more exciting rides.
Also, maybe Rita because the only really good part is the launch.
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Momoffour

The ice age cinema is the worst cinema out of all the parks I think

Just rubbish.

They need to scrap it and get a new theme. Better seats and better film
TheBeast

alicheesy wrote:Also, maybe Rita because the only really good part is the launch.
Isn't that the whole point? And im pretty sure arguing that you could also argue for the removal of Thi3teen because the only decent element is the 10ft drop midway through
jjoverrun

TheBeast wrote:
alicheesy wrote:Also, maybe Rita because the only really good part is the launch.
Isn't that the whole point? And im pretty sure arguing that you could also argue for the removal of Thi3teen because the only decent element is the 10ft drop midway through
True to be honest Rita is like oblivion it has one quick gimmick that is just amazing.

TheBeast

Yeah. A lot of rides are like that- you could make that agreement for a load of rollercoasters
alicheesy

jjoverrun wrote:
TheBeast wrote:
True to be honest Rita is like oblivion it has one quick gimmick that is just amazing.
I like Rita, I meant the rest of the track could be better. Oblivion is better than Rita and I like the rest of Th13teen- such smooth, very backwards.
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
thedeckking

With the planning limitations of AT I'm happy to accept that there are going to be rides like Rita, 13 and oblivion that are 1 trick ponies (but still awesome). The same planning regs gave us nemesis and smiler, 2 amazing rides. But back to the topic in hand I think subterra has to go. The ride itself is just pants and could be soooooo much better with a bit more effort. The only scary bit is the cast in the escape routes and even that falls flat on the 2nd go. It's the only ride in the whole park that I wouldn't mind ever going on again.
Lee

Nemesis Sub Terra is quite popular with the park guests and generally swallows the queues that generate.

I really can't wait for The Flume to leave. I know this will be a little controversial, but I'm looking forward to the removal/overhaul of Duel. Even as a haunted house it's very dated and gimmicky. The sheer size of the warehouse could make way for a very good dark ride that would require little to no planning permission.
jjoverrun

My friend spoiled me about the back pokers on sub terra so I never have had to be scared of them. Sub terra is not just a ride it is an amazing experience. The old version was terrible but when they added the scary corridor of death it became awesome.

lucy2244

Lee wrote:Nemesis Sub Terra is quite popular with the park guests and generally swallows the queues that generate.

I really can't wait for The Flume to leave. I know this will be a little controversial, but I'm looking forward to the removal/overhaul of Duel. Even as a haunted house it's very dated and gimmicky. The sheer size of the warehouse could make way for a very good dark ride that would require little to no planning permission.
I'd agree with you that the day the flume leaves the park will be such a joyous day! However, I do think there needs to be a replacement water ride, weather that be a water coaster or another log flume it doesn't matter to me, but the water rides are a family favorite and when done right, are looked forward too no matter someones age.

I must disagree with you on the case of duel, however. Duel is a unique ride for Alton Towers, as it brings out peoples competitive side, and is great family fun that anyone can enjoy! Who doesn't like winning?! I do think however the addition of the game element severely effected the 'scary' element- and a haunted house with real thrills would also be nice. But, I still think duel works well with the park, and is a good addition. It could do with a few more effects though- just to keep it fresh!
Sr88

Obviously I'd rather nothing went if it isn't replaced, but Enterprise. It is pretty uninteresting if I'm entirely honest.
MerlinFan

I love Duel - always good for a giggle! It still makes me jump and scream haha - especially when you are on the side where the zombie jumps out at you and you forget it's there. Don't want that one to go.

Get rid of Enterprise as never bother with it. Ice Age is rubbish and the waiting time for that is just ridiculous. Also, I want them to bring back Dynamo - it wasn't there long but it was really fun. And how can people say Rita is boring? It's amazing fun! I find Thirteen a bit dull tbh.
BenBowser

The Flume, Spinball, Rita and Charlie. Really should go. They're all pretty mediocre and dull.
Evostance

The Flume needs to go in its current state. There is a place for a Log Flume, but this isn't it.

Merlin should replace it with another and take a cue from Disney and Universal on how to do it right.

Rita I sort of like, but it's location is a shambles

Charlie I'm not even sure entertains kids

Enterprise, Ripsaw and The Blade.

Not one to go bit the Rapids needs a huge overhaul, as does Duel