How old were you when...

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Georgie

While I loved going to Theme Parks for things like the pirate ship and the log flume, it wasn't until 2011 at the age of 14(!) that, when on a Youth Club trip (on the day of a power cut, no less!) I went on the Dragon's Apprentice followed by the Dragon, I got over my fear of roller coasters! Soon after (can't remember when, it may had been the following year) I went on both Dragon's Fury and the Vampire, with the Swarm in October 2012 being what I consider to be my first "actual, proper" roller coaster. There's been a few rough times since there, such aspainful experiences on Colossus and X/:No Way Out, my first goes on Stealth and Ninferno, both of which I grew to love, and more recently, getting pins and needles from the foot restraints at Holiday World's Sky Scream. Even so, it's funny how a fear can to into a passion in just a few years.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
JustWill

First Roller-Coaster: Cliffhanger at Blackgang Chine - 9 Years
First AT Ride: Oblivion - 11 years
Morgan

About 8, Dragons Apprentice
First AT coaster was TH13TEEN when I was 10
jjoverrun

8 the woodie at pleasure beach sorry can't remember name

Credit to nemesis rider for this awesome pic :D
Awright92

5 years old: Antelope - Gulliver's World
9 years old: Big Dipper, Grand National, Avalanche - Pleasure Beach
10 years old: Air, Runaway Mine Train - Alton Towers
13 years old: Sonic Spinball, Rita - Queen of Speed - Alton Towers
14 years old: Oblivion, Nemesis - Alton Towers
Rockstar

Rhino Rollercoaster at WMSP When I was 7
First proper one was Nemmy.
TheBeast

First proper one was Colossus. I was 11 (maybe 10, I am pretty tall). I wont lie, I was a bit of a coward when I was younger
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Hari

First ever roller coaster: Aged 4 - Vampire at Chessington
First upside-down coaster: Aged 7 - Corkscrew at Alton Towers
First 1.4m height coaster: Aged 9 - Oblivion at Alton Towers
118hazaman

I remember going on Kraken in Sea World, Florida. I wasn't tall enough and rushed past the man measuring people. I got on the ride and the woman asked, "You don't look tall enough for this." But I managed it in the end and it was definitely worth it. Then shortly afterwards I went on Saw the ride just as I turned 9. I've always loved roller coasters, especially as a child.
obliviongirl

My very first coaster, as far as I can remember, would be the Runaway Train at Chessington, aged around four, followed by Vampire at seven, and Dragon's Fury and Rattlesnake at ten. My first upside down coaster (excluding Turbo on Brighton Pier) was, I think, Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park aged eleven, followed by Colossus and The Swarm on the same day (I didn't dare brave Saw or Stealth for another two years afterwards). I visited Alton Towers for the first time aged twelve, and my first coaster at the park was Oblivion.
kenmac15

I was 9 in 1973 & rode Magic Mountain at Six Flags California
Rollermad

5 - Python: Gullivers :)
6 - Flying Fish: Thorpe Park
8 - Stealth, Nemesis Inferno, Colossus
9 - Saw
10 - 13, Air, Oblivion, Nemesis, Rita
Etc ;)
SmilerLover

I was 10 when I rode every coaster at AT exept The Smiler, which I ride on my 11th birthday!
Credit to NemesisRider for this awsome signature! :moj
definedancing

My first coaster was a horrible pinfari big apple thing at the local fair when I was about 3 or 4, but we'll not consider that ;)
My first real coaster was either Corkscrew or Black Hole at Alton Towers or Missile at American Adventure when I was 7; I can't remember which park i went to first.
My first 1"4 ride I think was Air at Alton Towers when I was 10, a year after it opened, swiftly followed by Nemesis and Oblivion. I was quite a tall child, but unfortunately I stopped growing at 13!
So yeah!