How old were you when...

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lucozade

How old were you when you rode your first proper coaster?
Burniel

4 - The Dragon at LEGOLAND Windsor
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Sentri558

13 with Air, then the next day I also did Nemesis

If you count Thi3teen (or whatever it is) then I was 12. ;)
Dom

i was 10 and rode Rattlesnake at CWOA. But rode my first AT coaster when i was 13 and it was Nemesis. She was also my first coaster with inversions too
Ryan.B

Big thunder mountain at the age of 4 at Disneyland Paris :D the most emotional coaster for me now, first big coaster with inversions was mumbo jumbo on opening day (I didn't go on any looping coasters til I was 7 as my dad thought I was too thin :lol I did go on Sonic somewhere around 2008 as well as steeplechase and all the woodies at blackpool (basically went on any coaster I was tall enough for)
BenBowser

I was three. And The Stinger at Paulton's Park. If you don't count that then a few years later I returned for Cobra.

First complete experience (i.e. themed) was Vampire at Chessington, the ride that got me into theme parks in the first place! Haha!

First inverting was Space Mountain: Mission 2 at DLP.
Dr_emmett_brown

I actually think it was The Corkscrew when I was 8... When I got off I had caught the coaster bug, and a headache.
thi3teenloverboy14

Thi3teen was my first major thril I was 12 then did air and nemesis at 13 years
lucozade

I think I was 7 when I was tall enough to ride the corkscrew... And get bruised ears from the restraints hahaha... My head didn't clear them at all! I was still in primary school when I got on nemesis and very very scared!
TheOutpatient

I was also 7 and Corkscrew was one of the first rides I went on. On the same visit I also went on The Beast (Which no one ever mentions on here for some reason) and The Black hole, if my memory serves me correctly.
lucozade

TheOutpatient wrote:I was also 7 and Corkscrew was one of the first rides I went on. On the same visit I also went on The Beast (Which no one ever mentions on here for some reason) and The Black hole, if my memory serves me correctly.
Nobody remembers the beast haha. I went on that before corkscrew but wasn't sure if it would count as a proper rollercoaster, fun, but no inversions or proper restraints hahaha

I loved the beast and black hole but my fav short lived ride was the thunder looper which I would run round to ride again.
Altonboy001

mine was the python at gullivers milton keynes when i was 8, but that dosent count so mine was sonic spinball when i was 10.
nemefan08

Mine was sonic when I was eight and I have not looked back since.
tori_swift

I was 6 when I went on Nemesis so I've been told! I remember wearing my big school shoes so I was just tall enough. I was desperate to go on as I had an older brother, I was very jealous!
Danny

tori_swift wrote:I was 6 when I went on Nemesis so I've been told! I remember wearing my big school shoes so I was just tall enough. I was desperate to go on as I had an older brother, I was very jealous!
A 6 year old that was over 1.4m, that's impressive. My sisters 7 and tall for her age, just passing 1.2m now ready for Sonic and Th13teen. You must be very tall indeed
tori_swift

DannyG wrote:
tori_swift wrote:I was 6 when I went on Nemesis so I've been told! I remember wearing my big school shoes so I was just tall enough. I was desperate to go on as I had an older brother, I was very jealous!
A 6 year old that was over 1.4m, that's impressive. My sisters 7 and tall for her age, just passing 1.2m now ready for Sonic and Th13teen. You must be very tall indeed
My school shoes had quite a big chunky heel on and I was always the tallest in the class (much to my misery!) But the age came from my mum so could have been around 6/7 :lol
Ryan.B

I hit 1.4 when I was 9/10 around 2011 summer season.
tori_swift

AT lover wrote:
I hit 1.4 when I was 9/10 around 2011 summer season.
I definitely wasn't actually 1.4, with the shoes I only just hit 1.4. This was back in 1998 so I'm going on my mothers word! I remember Oblivion being rather new but like I said this is what my mother has claimed, maybe she's mad :lol
NemesisRider

Mine was Rita back in 2012 when I was 11.
nemyjoe

I was 9 and it was air at alton towers it could have been nemy but i was to scared and i ran away when they wanted to put the over 1.4 wristband on me because i thought they were going to drag me on to it :lol