Winter Wonderland - Hyde Park London

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Themeparksandy1981

That's why I never go to big fun fairs total rip off. I would never pay more than a pint of beer and £8 for 1 ride you can have meal and a drink for that. I never even went on Blackpools rides to they added the wristbands option.
The rides do look good but I Wouldnt pay over £3 a ride.
newrider

To be fair, I think the expectations are very different. It's a one-of-a-kind thing in London, in a prime location. When I went, it was so busy you had to queue to get in. I dread to think how long the ride queues would have been if they weren't charging £6 a ride...

I'm guessing if you were willing to travel around Europe, you could find those very rides at other times of the year and enjoy them for £2 each?

Back to the topic...

Reverchon seemed to have quite a presence there. The only Reverchon I'd been on before was Primeval Whirl in Disney World. Euro Coaster was a Reverchon too it seems!

I didn't go on any of the flat rides (since they're the same anywhere, and in abundance in Thorpe Park, so why waste £6 to do so?)

Of the coasters:

Fastest ride: Thriller
Best theming: Ice Mountain
Most painful: Thriller (What the hell are those restraints!?)
Most unsafe-feeling: Euro-Coaster (the number of times you're thrown forwards into the restraints, with nothing to hold on to, was quite worrying..! - although, of course, perfectly safe
- just look at Air...)

And a question for the enthusiasts here:

Each train on Thriller had two heavy containers of liquid sitting in the footwell of the back seat, plus a bin liner of something. Does this have some ride purpose - slowing down the ride or something - or did they just run out of space to store their stuff... And is it safe?
Last edited by newrider on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesc

Wonderland is back again this year opening at 5pm on Friday 21st November 2014 until 4th January 2015! :lol

So who is planning on going this year?

Every year it gets bigger and better, maybe we could even organise a TowersTimes meet up this year anyone?

Anyone know any of the rides coming this time?

It's going to be fun, I can not wait to get back there again best event the park hosts every year now.

:lol
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Dom

There are plans in the work i do believe over a London takeover. Whether or not this will include Winter Wonderland, i do not know.
Danny

Working very closely with the Manning's I can confirm that Thriller is back this year along with all their other rides. The carousel bar will also be back, one of their own designs. I am yet to find out if any new rides are making a debut.

They start transporting in October and build beginning of November. I'll be there, possibly working to :)
themealgang

Nice to hear that Thriller will be making a return to Winter Wonderland. Even though it wasn't the best, I found it fun.

I'm hoping for something new this time from overseas. Every year Hyde Park appears to become more 'thrilling' anyway and it's incredible to see how the event has come on since 2009. Let's await these announcements...
Danny

Today I've found so new news from Mannings, and although I cannot reveal the latest plans, all I can say is I think A LOT of people will be very happy when hearing the news. There's BIG plans, all confirmed.

Something new and very big is coming :)
Ryan.B

*prays for Led Zeppelin to be installed in Hyde park permanently :lol
themealgang

DannyG wrote:Today I've found so new news from Mannings, and although I cannot reveal the latest plans, all I can say is I think A LOT of people will be very happy when hearing the news. There's BIG plans, all confirmed.

So does this mean the XXL is coming after all?
Danny

themealgang wrote:
DannyG wrote:Today I've found so new news from Mannings, and although I cannot reveal the latest plans, all I can say is I think A LOT of people will be very happy when hearing the news. There's BIG plans, all confirmed.

I can't say exactly what they are bringing to the event this year. Don't get your hopes sky high, but I'm sure most thrill seekers will be happy :)
themealgang

DannyG wrote:
themealgang wrote:

I can't say exactly what they are bringing to the event this year. Don't get your hopes sky high, but I'm sure most thrill seekers will be happy :)
Well it will be interesting to see what turns up. The place really is becoming a thrill seekers winter escape. The selection of rides every year seems to be getting stronger for us adrenaline junkies!
Themeparksandy1981

Been in London how much on average do they charge each to go on the rides? Can you buy a wristband? Think I may go London for a day trip in December as not been since 2008.
Danny

They do not offer a wristband system currently. Rides vary from £2 up to £8 per ride per person. It can be an expensive day out, but it's also a great one :)

I should be on site during construction is late October/ early November so will update on construction then.
kemperink

which Manning are you working for? they don't know who you are at the goose tonight :roll:
Danny

kemperink wrote:

which Manning are you working for? they don't know who you are at the goose tonight :roll:
Joseph Manning- if you have an issue feel free to PM me :) I'd assume the only way you could talk about me is by using my username, which they obviously wouldn't know me as ;)
Danny

So as I'm sure your all now aware, Mannings are bringing an XXL to the event this year. I was asked to keep it a secret which Is what I was talking about when I said you'd all be very happy.
Hope everyone enjoys it, they are so much fun! :)
jamesc

Wonderland is back again this year opening at 5pm on Friday 20th November 2015 until 3th January 2015!

So who is planning on going this year?

Maybe we can have a TowersTimes meetup this year?

It just gets bigger and better, also busier each year, the place to be with friends and family to get into the Christmas mood. Party Time...

Anyone know any of the rides coming this time, what rides would you like to see, I would like to see AtmosFear by S&D and Over The Top back.

Anyone know why Over The Top did not reappear last year?

Waistbands for the rides would be nice, also use more of the park could easily double in size, to stop it getting too packed.

It's going to be fun, I can not wait to get back there again best event the park hosts every year now!
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Danny

There are several rides debuting this year, possibly the most interesting is Schneider's new drop tower Hangover. It's a gyro free fall with a drop height of almost 300ft! Should provide some awesome views of London, especially at night. Obviously this does mean Power Tower 2 will not be returning.

Find out more here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hangover ... 4185634845" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't expect the land used to expand much if at all, remember it's a Royal Park so permissions are incredibly hard to receive.
I should be working up there again so will attend any meet with you guys that I can :)
jamesc

Great Websites to Watch out for Info.

http://www.hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.facebook.com/hydeparkwinter ... unofficial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Liam.W

Not really showing much but winter wonderland is on the martin Lewis money show on ITV at the minute.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!