Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheBeast

This may be due to the fact it is a more "minor" ride; Alton will try to grab the attention of older family members with larger rides, whilst Cbeebies Land attracts younger audiences. My guess is that its just not really that important of a ride, so therefore they have forgotten about it
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Starlight expresser

I always go Alton around the 20th oct for scatefest (a week before schools on holiday). I've heard schools are going to take a week off summer and add to October holidays, is this true? Totally going to ruin my scarefest experience if this is true :evil:
TheBeast

I am aware neither my school nor my fathers is planning to do this, of course I cannot talk on behalf of all schools in my area, but as far as I am aware there is only one week in the October half term. However, as I said earlier in this forum to another questioner, my school is off during that period, as I am going either 21st or 22nd of October
Themeparksandy1981

Will the park be busy tomorrow?
Ryan.B

Not that busy although some areas don't go back to school so it should be ok.
TheBeast

Im with AT Lover on this... I think it will be quiet, hence why im going tomorrow
Themeparksandy1981

I wasn't sure what day most schools went back this week as my nephew doesn't start nursery to Monday. That's good that it won't be that busy as I want to try to get on all the coasters and still check out cbeebies land.
themealgang

Just wanted to ask, is there a ticket available for the water park that allows for spectators to relax on the benches and soak up the atmosphere of the pools? A group of us are planning a trip to make a weekend at the Resort but not all want to swim.

Thanks
Morgan

I think so- I've heard if you want to acsess the outdoor area without getting wet, ask staff. I'm assumming yes, there is a spectator ticket
dantheman

Does AT have a mascot, like the way Portaventura have Woodie Woodpecker and disney have Micky Mouse?
Morgan

:no:
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The most iconic mascot was probably Henry Hound, however he's been retired in recent years. We actually have lots of information and photos of past mascots in our History section.
Ryan.B

Does anybody know the filming rules on rides (obviously not the big rides but on rides like RMT and cbeebies land.) I'm trying to get off ride footage for the big rides but which rides are you allowed to film on. I would be really grateful for al list! :D
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I would say that any attractions where loose articles are not permitted cannot be filmed on-ride.
dantheman

lewis97 wrote:The most iconic mascot was probably Henry Hound, however he's been retired in recent years. We actually have lots of information and photos of past mascots in our History section.
Thanks very much! Ill go and have a look in the history section now.
Ryan.B

Thanks Lewis, I'll stick to off ride footage and maybe some rides like Postman pat. :D
Morgan

Hi all.
I am a bit of a coaster-phobiac, but am recovering quite quickly. So the question: When I sky-ride to DF to walk over to The Smiler, would Rita be worth a go before or after X-Sector? (Queuing is not an issue for me, I use a dis. pass)
inFusion

TTheory wrote:Hi all.
I am a bit of a coaster-phobiac, but am recovering quite quickly. So the question: When I sky-ride to DF to walk over to The Smiler, would Rita be worth a go before or after X-Sector? (Queuing is not an issue for me, I use a dis. pass)
I'd say first. If queuing isn't an issue then go for it straight away.
Morgan

Thanks
Zach

TTheory wrote:Hi all.
I'd do Rita before x sector