Alton Towers Resort Future Discussion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Sr88

Something very thrilling would be good.
nemefan08

I think alton could do with a new family coaster, whether before or after sw8. With the last true family coaster being built 10 years ago, could we see a new one. If they do I would like a family launch, like manta at see world San Diego.
Alton13Nemesis

well, if fantasy island closes, buy the beast (top scan) and put it in the dark forest :D
Count-Vonduel

I want to see a good 4 or 5 years with no new coasters as I'm getting rather board of the "NEW COASTER OMG ITS WORLDS FIRST DEAD HORSE COASTER OMGOMGOMG" routine. Even if you don't want to believe it the fact is that coasters are not what Alton need right now, at the moment they need to spend a good few years on flat rides, refreshing old rides and just generally up-keeping the park.
sw7nutter

Cedar point has proven to me that you really dont need flat rides. More coasters would be good to draw in guests then use the new income to buy more flats for younger guests and maybe the odd major flat. No one travels for flat rides but coasters draw in loads of people.
NemesisRider

^^^ I agree, Rita was a 7 million coaster (the cheapest one they own at AT) and is a crowd drawer, they now know that type of coaster is profitable.
Aidan Lowe

sw7nutter wrote:No one travels for flat rides.
I'm traveling to Drayton Manor for Air Race :D
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Henry

But do Alton really have the space for Cedar Point amount/type of coasters? Don't forget Cedar Point do have lots of flats as well.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
sw7nutter

They have a few flats but a lot of them are the same thing over and over (very good merry go round, cedar downs) but alton have pleanty of space for coasters. They would only need about 12 major coasters to draw in people from all over eurpoe. Yes planning permission is harder but there is still pleanty of space.
NemesisRider

AT have no worries about space (at the moment). This will make for a good amount of space for new attractions.
lucozade

AT has 500 acres! Look what phantasia land did with such a TINY site. Its car park is bigger than the park!

SW8 IS going to be a new family ride... Chiapas log flume for AT (he dreams it will come true)
lucozade

Why do people think sw8 HAS to be a coaster?

sw8 will be a family ride on the flume site (Google Chiapas phantasia land) and it will be more popular than all of the sw since nemesis.

Merlin want AT to be a family resort. The smiler was johns last hoora and we won't see rides like that again for a long while.
Dan

lucozade wrote:Why do people think sw8 HAS to be a coaster?

sw8 will be a family ride on the flume site (Google Chiapas phantasia land) and it will be more popular than all of the sw since nemesis.

Merlin want AT to be a family resort. The smiler was johns last hoora and we won't see rides like that again for a long while.
What's your source? Saying something will be something is a pretty bold statement without any evidence to back it up.
lucozade

Absolutely no source at all hahaha its a BIG wish (see above). Equally there is nothing to say the sw8 has to be to be a coaster and now John has finally retired, it would be more plausible now than at any other time.

Have you been on Chiapas? The best intamin flume ride iv ever been on. And it would suit AT down to the ground. A family oriented new flume with high put through and small footprint. It could fit in the old flumes 'open ground' the lake was man made and intamins system avoids the new stringent water safety laws as its self contained. It wouldn't need to go through the trees to avoid strict planning and it would have a HUGE park draw for thrill seekers and families alike. Just look at phantasia lands attendance figures and high revenue for such a small park.
Adam.W

They really need some flats in the dark forest, and perhaps another one in the X sector, now that submission is gone. I can picture them moving ripsaw to Xsector and putting something in it's place. I'd also like haunted hollow to have another attraction, as most guests walk through, go on duel and leave, I must admit to being one of them people, but because it's the end of the day and I'm cramming things in.
walshawblue

For those who want a flat ride this one would fit the bill .Cheap and low maintainance cost

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nathan_Fisher

walshawblue wrote:For those who want a flat ride this one would fit the bill .Cheap and low maintainance cost

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hmm, not sure that would pass safety standards :lol
NemesisBoi

How about this? One of my dear friends tipped me off on this information. Anyway a good old Woody will be coming to Towers, and also Blade and Ripsaw will be closed for some of the season and getting sold off to other parks which means that SW8 will definitely be in Forbidden Valley.

Now go wild on this Forum..... Let The Games Begin.
RIDECRAZY

Evidence? That's a pretty bold statement to back up wit no evidence, any photos, plans etc, what's your friends involvement in Merlin/AT?
TheBeast

Tell me...was his name ''Karnan''?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!