Funfairs, General Discussion.

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Eirdy

Hello all, after boring people in the shout box I have created this, a bit like a mini ATFOTF, anything funfair is welcome here. Please state where you got any info from and say if its just a rumor.

Happy Posting :)
SwEDEN

The KMG XXXL......

Now, earlier this year we saw something strange occur, take into account there are 4 units of the original XXL ride type that are available and being used now, so to see roughly a month ago the 2 of the four models were up for sale interested me....

One of the models that had been sold (to a uk showman, probable appearance at WW) is Kipps or as you may know it DAS ORIGINAL XXL, this machine was not originally built for kipp, but actually Kroon (the same person who I believe owns mission space) but was then handed on to Kipp in the later years.... Taking this into account this means as of now Kipp has got two of the beasts at his fingers (XXL and Monster), so decided to sell XXL (presumably because it was an older machine).... So that was all well and good, until I heard of a rumour concerning KMG and the likelihood that in the not so distant future an XXXL machine will be produced... This is apparently going to reach roughly 65m in height and the technology used for Mission Space will be incorporated into the new machine, the only real question is where, when and who owns it!!!

Many people say Kipp's planning on getting one which was one of the reasons why he sold his XXL... But where and when will it happen, could be this year, could be next, but i'll post here as soon as any further info has been revealed!
Eirdy

Sounds very cool Eden.
So will the english showman be getting the new one or is kipp getting the new one and is the english showman getting kipps?
SwEDEN

The English showman (White's) is getting Kipp's original XXL (that is the one we will be seeing at WW)! Some believe the money he makes from selling the XXL will go towards the funding of the XXXL that he is likely to be getting in the future. After it's final season in Germany the machine will be transported here in mid to late November just in time for WW. As for Kipp, he will still have Monster, and I assume he will be touring with that until he receives his bigger machine!

For those of you who have not seen the machine we are getting in the UK this is it, this machine (as far as I'm currently aware will be debuting at WW in late November)!

themealgang

It's very VERY exciting news to hear that finally a KMG XXL will take flight in Britain. Especially as there's only been a handful built since it debuted and presumably they are one of the most expensive products from KMG's catalogue due to their colossal size.

From the looks of things, it would appear the original machine has been kept in great condition so it will look its absolute best when if it makes its rumoured Winter Wonderland debut in November. With Air and now and XXL anchoring the British travelling industry, it shows how much the circuit in Britain has improved in recent times. It will be interesting to see where White's take the ride in 2015 with it being so large. I'm guessing the major fairs in Britain are on their hit list (Nottingham, Hull, etc) and obviously Winter Wonderland where it will no doubt steal the crown away from Power Tower 2!

As someone who has ridden the Mondial rival in France last year, I know what a spectacle and a thrill these gigantic machines are. It's a Freak Out on steroids… and then add more thrill and you get the XXL. November can't come soon enough!
SwEDEN

themealgang wrote: As someone who has ridden the Mondial rival in France last year, I know what a spectacle and a thrill these gigantic machines are.
So I'm guessing you rode Power Maxx? Heard good reviews about that machine, would personally ride Artistico though if I had to ride a Mistral, apparently the KMG version os a lot more forceful as well, and is (yes I know it's not much) but 5m higher. There's something about the Modial version I just don't really like (aesthetics wise) I just don't like how the arms bend as they get closer to the top of the structure, just think it looks messy and eww... (also not a fan of the lighting package if i'm being honest) but from what I've heard the ride experience definitely makes up for these factors...

Can't tell you how much i'm looking forward to riding Kipps beast in November, it's been maintained to full extent, so just hope we don't ruin it, will be interesting to see how it operates as well, calculating that it has the same capacity as the turbine, and that imo it's going to be one of the most popular machines at the event, will be interesting to see how it runs! All i'm hoping for is the thrill of a lifetime, a beautiful machine and lots and lots of mic work!!!
Eirdy

It sounds amazing! I really cannot wait for this and I hope it comes to bridgwater in 2015!
themealgang

SwEDEN wrote:
themealgang wrote: As someone who has ridden the Mondial rival in France last year, I know what a spectacle and a thrill these gigantic machines are.
So I'm guessing you rode Power Maxx? Heard good reviews about that machine, would personally ride Artistico though if I had to ride a Mistral, apparently the KMG version os a lot more forceful as well, and is (yes I know it's not much) but 5m higher. There's something about the Modial version I just don't really like (aesthetics wise) I just don't like how the arms bend as they get closer to the top of the structure, just think it looks messy and eww... (also not a fan of the lighting package if i'm being honest) but from what I've heard the ride experience definitely makes up for these factors...

Can't tell you how much i'm looking forward to riding Kipps beast in November, it's been maintained to full extent, so just hope we don't ruin it, will be interesting to see how it operates as well, calculating that it has the same capacity as the turbine, and that imo it's going to be one of the most popular machines at the event, will be interesting to see how it runs! All i'm hoping for is the thrill of a lifetime, a beautiful machine and lots and lots of mic work!!!
It was Power Maxxx I rode, yes. The machine can be seen from everywhere around the show ground. But I do agree with you, I don't think it looks as 'tidy' as the KMG version. I find Mondial machines in general to look a bit clumsy and messy compared to KMG but that's just my opinion.

Power Maxxx was still visually extremely impacting and a lot of fun to ride. I also got a very long ride cycle, too. The airtime at the top was insane.. and that was with standard OSR restraints!