When people mention Alton Towers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Altitude

The thing that really annoys me is when you're talking about Alton Towers/Thorpe Park with others and there's always one that says...

"OMG The Smiler got stuck on the vertical bit in the rain for like 2 hours with people on it"

or quite recently I had...

"I was queuing ages for Colossus and it actually got stuck on the loop for ages so I couldn't go on it"

Grinds my gears that does.
Jevaaaans

I'll second that ^^

I don't understand why people feel the need to just make up baseless lies about coasters to intimidate others. Just because they want to deprive themselves of an amazing experience doesn't mean they should drag others down with them ;)
Fish777

Immediately, the theme tune comes into my head, I have random flashes of rides, then for sme reason I see the smiler's advert. Then I go and interrupt whoevers talking and don't shut up about it for he rest of the day. I think I'm a tad weird.
Inferno Attractions

I don't even have time to think anything because I am already trying to listen into their conversation :lol
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions
Sentri558

Me playing hall of the mountain king (AT theme :P) on my guitar <3 memories
sadie123

I do initially think of it as a theme park. However, my recent experience at the hotel really opened my eyes. Yes, it is a theme park. However there is so much more - the gardens, the ruins, the spa, the Sea Life. It really is a resort in the making. However, there is often too much to do in a day and I'd always want to stay over!!! Who wouldn't with the beautiful secret garden restaurant.