Coaster corner?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
stealthsmiler

I think AT should develop coaster corner so that it becomes known as 'dark ride corner'. By having dark rides the noise from the ride and riders would be contained. It just seems a waste not using it.

OR, another coaster that is completely undercover like black holes was.
MRWTHO-AT

Totally agree that the area should be brought back into action, especially as other parts of the park are running out of space.
Ideally, I would love to see Corkscrew, The Beastie and Thunder Looper rebuilt in that area.
What I'd do is build some high sound proof walls, which you usually get around airports, around the back of the park nearest Alton. They would be painted green in order to blend in with the trees. I would then extend the crazy Cloud Coo-coo Land theme out to Coaster Corner, by rebuilding The Beastie on the site of the Mini Apple. I'd then rebuild Corkscrew, complete with a quieter lift hill chain and new corkscrews, on the site of the Alton Mouse area. I'd then reopen the Flag Tower, bring back 1001 Nights and the Bouncing Bugs and then get a new flat ride. I would also rebuild a quieter Thunder Looper on the land between X-Sector and Coaster Corner.

Of course that's beyond my wildest dreams and I know it'll never happen sadly. However I really do like the idea of a medieval theme, but a really good one (i.e. NOT Merrie England) and linking it in with the Towers/Flag Tower, Hex and the Dark Forest. The children's rides could be moved Cbeebies Land and maybe the Bouncing Bugs brought back for that area too. Then the Cred Street are be repainted and extended, Twirling Toadstools rethemed again, a new coaster(s) (a woody perhaps) and flat rides built in Coaster Corner, CATCF becomes a dark water ride like Vahalla- which would be really good and then there is the extension of the Dark Forest complete with the 'Tree in Chains'. Then the Dark Forest of the 11th Earl of Shrewsbury would encompass all of the southern area of Alton Towers, including the Towers themselves.

That is a REALLY good idea and I can see that or similar happening. The alternative is they extend CCL and build a family friendly coaster or two, perhaps a relocated Spinball and/or a ride like Knightmare (Camelot rollercoaster). Eitherway, they need the Airport style Sound Proof Walls.
Martin
stealthsmiler

I do like the idea of extending The Dark Forest to include Hex. I think having the tree in chains would look really good. Plus if CC was to re open, CCL may get a bit of TLC and some decent rides.

This is what I would do:

Remove the Ice Age theming, and make the 4D cinema look like a cinema thats advertising Ice Age rather than have all the Ice age stuff outside (in my opinion it looks very confusing as to what the theme of the area is meant to be) Twirling Toadstool would stay where it is, but maybe painted to have very vibrant colours, that really contrast with each other. Turn Wobble World into an interactive live show. Remove the Driving School and replace it with a Dark ride that is very cuckoo. Remove the Frog Hopper and the carousel and get a new flat ride in their place. Maybe a mini disko coaster that looks like some bizarre creature whizzing around in a patch of grass. The supports then could be hidden in a green case with grass cut outs just over the top. Then in coaster corner, have a very cuckoo family coaster built inside a building to keep noise levels down. Then have a picnic area there with a small outdoor playing area for young children to play in.

I just think CCL needs to be more family orientated now that AT have CeBebbies Land for the young children, so CCL should have more rides suitable for all ages where as all but the TT, are for young children only.
MRWTHO-AT

That would be good too. A disco coaster would also work at Adventure Land. Would Spinball work in Coaster Corner? Providing that AT build sound barriers.
Martin
Altontowersbarlow

MRWTHO-AT wrote:That would be good too. A disco coaster would also work at Adventure Land. Would Spinball work in Coaster Corner? Providing that AT build sound barriers.
To my understanding the issue with Coaster Corner was the noise pollution created by the rides that leaked into the nearby village and unfortunately Sonic Spinball is extremely loud and would still provoke complaints even with sound barriers. Despite this, if it was put inside a show building it could be possible to re-locate Sonic here as the additional cover would cut the noise down to an acceptable standard :)
Sr88

Altontowersbarlow wrote:
MRWTHO-AT wrote:That would be good too. A disco coaster would also work at Adventure Land. Would Spinball work in Coaster Corner? Providing that AT build sound barriers.
To my understanding the issue with Coaster Corner was the noise pollution created by the rides that leaked into the nearby village and unfortunately Sonic Spinball is extremely loud and would still provoke complaints even with sound barriers. Despite this, if it was put inside a show building it could be possible to re-locate Sonic here as the additional cover would cut the noise down to an acceptable standard :)
Oh I hate to think of the noise inside the room then! :O
KatangaZebra

I think we all know that it's never going to happen due to restrictions, but I think that 4 man bob would be a good coaster because RMT is the only proper family coaster.
Ryan.B

Any chance of a ride the same as 4 man bob to go indoors with a space theme and maybe a space themed outside ride with animatronics like Wallace and Gromits space rocket and planets, could even be an indoor ride to replace Duel with a few bits like the little launches on Wallace and Gromit. Maybe a Dr Who themed ride.
tcw1993

Alton Buzz wrote:[quote=""joshc807""]Does anyone have any plans of where coaster corner was?
Basically it was behind the main bulk of Cloud Cuckoo Land click here. Also, this is the location where the Secret Weapon delivery was filmed.[/quote]

Secret weapon delivery?? Tell me more plssss
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.
gaz1313

For 13, it was either a major ride component, or advertising hoo ha, I would guess the latter but all very exciting :-k