What was your favourite moment of 2013?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
djtidus

I'm going to go with riding the smiler in the dark after the fireworks. That was some experience and really disorientating.
Georgia_Leigh

Going on the best date ever, at Alton Towers! Although it seems a while ago now, and a lot has happened since, but the best moment was when the Smiler Man and I sat ready for our 7th ride of the Smiler in one day and we were so crazy and we grinned at each other knowing what we were in for! We went to our special place and had a moment to ourselves just in awe of everything. Cannot wait to go back with him this year ❤️ 2014 is our year!
Courtesy of lewis97
Jack

The Smiler track completion update that was brought to us by TT, as much as The Smiler seems (at least to me) one of the weaker rides at Towers having ridden it a few times, it was awesome to see the mess of mangled metal completed!
Last edited by Jack on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tcw1993

Scarefest all day!!!
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.
obliviongirl

Visiting Alton Towers for the first time ever, back in July, and riding Oblivion! ;)
LCFCjames

I think for me the best moment was seeing the photos and videos from The Smilers opening day. The event was brilliantly covered by Towers Times and it was nice to see the public on the ride after months of agonising waiting and anticipation (and a lot of speculation  :lol: ). It made me all the more excited to ride it and when I finally did, I wasn't let down! In my opinion it was one of the most enjoyable and thrilling first ride of any roller coaster I have ever been on, and even after several rides it is still great fun. Hopefully some of the issues it was plagued with last season will be sorted out and I can't wait to ride it again if I get a chance to this year!

Standing on the side of Battle Galleons shooting people with the water cannons was also an enjoyable moment. It is deeply satisfying to know that you have added to their soaking, especially on a cold day!

8)
Cobby

Probably the Towers Times summer sizzler
TheSmilerMadeMeSmile
Location: You'll find me lying on the floor looking up at the Oblivion drop

Wow there were so many!

Getting on The Smiler on opening day and then running for my life to be the first on it after the fireworks probably were the best!
Oh and making friends with loads of the staff too!  :lol:
Cookie Monster

BBB with the peeps at the Summer Sizzler; Having Blivvy to ourselves also. ERT on Nemmy and last but not least, spending time with my dad as I can't usually.
kierannewcombe

Mine was easily riding the smiler for the first time. My 9 year old brother said going on his first thrill ride at alton towers which was 13!

Credit to Lewis97
Capt.Barnacles

Standing in the queue for Oblivion when the power went out (19th October, first day of scarefest) and watching The Smiler go round for an hour. Then running full pelt to RITA after she becomes the first ride back up and running.
vikkimoo

We went for a corporate day with my brother's work on the last fireworks night and it was incredible. Started the day with The Smiler, which was the first time I've been on a coaster with my brother in at least 10 years, if not more. Got my brother's girlfriend on her first ever big rides (Oblivion and RITA), my boyfriend and I got on the front row of The Smiler just after nightfall, and then it was all topped off by that fireworks display.  :rock:
Count-Vonduel

In the lead up to 2013's Scarefest I was saying (on the forum) how I wish they would open the outdoor queue for Duel as I feel it adds to the overall ride, but as far as I can tell I was the only one asking for the outdoor queue. Then I went to Scarefest but Duels' outdoor queue was closed (as I was expecting it to be) then later that day when it got dark I was passing Duel so I decided to have a quick ride on it and :O Duel's outdoor queue was open and all lit up in eerie dim yellow lighting.
tallicay2k

That outdoor queue for duel really sets the scene at night during scarefest with the dim lights and gravestones. Glad they opened it, would of been stupid if they didn't.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY