Submission Replacement

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
theparklifekid

So Submission is to go... RIP Submission 2001-2013
But what will be its replacement?
Comment below!
Last edited by theparklifekid on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
KoasterKraver

I have absolutely no idea. I'm not so sure if it will get a replacement as a ride, but it may get replaced by a food outlet or game challenge.
Tom170499

KoasterKraver wrote: I have absolutely no idea. I'm not so sure if it will get a replacement as a ride, but it may get replaced by a food outlet or game challenge.
That may be but there is a games arcade (X-Cite), a games stall (Play The Smiler) and a food outlet ( The Meltdown) already and X-Sector isn't the biggest area so I wouldn't see the need for another food/games outlet.
obliviongirl

Poor Submission. :( I never got to ride it, which is a shame for me. As Tom has stated, I don't think it would be replaced by an arcade or food outlet, as X-Sector is a pretty small area of the park in comparison to some of the other potential sites for new arcades/ food outlets which would benefit more from these additions. I'm not convinced that Submission will be replaced by anything particularly major or notable in the coming season. I suppose we can hope that at some point it will be replaced with a new ride to prevent any possibility of the lovely new X-Sector becoming emptier, but for now, I can't see any major developments coming forward to take its place.
kierannewcombe

Small flat. It's a small area so not much room for something big. Possibly one of the ones that they were looking to put in dark forest

Credit to Lewis97
Tom170499

kierannewcombe wrote: Small flat. It's a small area so not much room for something big. Possibly one of the ones that they were looking to put in dark forest
What were they planning for the Dark Forest?
Toonsville

Tower Drop should be a good choice Because Alton Towers needs one.
Dom

I don't think they will put anything in its place. The thing with Submission is that it really didn't take up much room and a lot of flats need more space than what Submission took up. So I honestly don't think anything will replace it
Last edited by Dom on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haydn!

Most likely a bench, or maybe a bin. If we're lucky both. Oh, and probably a football game of some sorts (Brazilian themed).

In all seriousness, nothing until at least 2015. Possibly some semi-intense flat then, maybe Robo-Arms, as they've been on the drawing board a few times in many guises.
Danny

I think it will be a thrilling flat with a low height restriction. Maybe something that appeals more to our younger visitors. Let's be honest, although submission had a low height restriction, any kid would look at that and and there would be no way they would go on it. I remember being 10, tall enough but thought it was far to scary looking for me :)
Themeparksandy1981

There must be something mega wrong with it. It could be too costly to repair for them to now decide to retire it as in the photos taken last week it's still on site. If you remember before it Energizer was there so really any flat ride could go in that area. I can see it SBNO for this season.

What is it with Alton Towers and their Thrill flat rides. Since I've been going to Alton Towers since 1993 they added the Astro Dancer, Energizer, Ripsaw, Submission & Sub Terra. 5 thrill rides in 20 years and 3 of them have left the park cause of problems and Alton Towers thought it wasn't worth repairing. I do wonder how many years has Ripsaw & the blade got left.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bensaund

I am very happy it is going there are many flats which could go there.

An Afterburner, Drop tower or even a Top scan. You may think a drop tower would be too big, but look at how high Oblivion is, then remember Submission is much lower than the hole of Oblivion, so they should be able to get a good sized tower in there somewhere.

Whatever goes in there should be a thrill ride.
Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I do wonder how many years has Ripsaw & the blade got left.
This can only mean one thing... MORE FLATS ON THE WAY!  Either this year or next year. :lol:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote: There must be something mega wrong with it.
Yes I think it either needs a major part which costs too much, too much to repair or it can't been the safety requirements.  :lol:
Last edited by bensaund on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you go down to the woods today
schmatt

Am I the only one that just wants a simple suspended inverted ride?
Pandemonium  at DMP is surprisingly good offering some nice Gs and hangtime.
Although this model may be too tall for Alton, Fabbri offer a smaller model and Zamperla and Intamin also offer a very similar ride.

If not that, I also wouldn't object to a Mondial Inferno (airwolf) if themed well enough not to look like a fair ride.
Martin

The Mondial Heart Breaker looks pretty good too
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
bensaund

Martin wrote: The Mondial Heart Breaker looks pretty good too
Sounds like a good replacement considering Submission was the 'ball breaker'!
DeanGaryCox

For a park the size of Alton Towers, any flat rides that I would like to see, like a Gerstlauer Sky Roller, has just too far of a low throughput... I'm really not sure what we'd see - probably a food outlet or games stall - and this is Merlin, I'm not joking  :roll:
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
bensaund

We need more flats. Well loads of flats!
Burniel

TTF: more flats, more flats!
Merlin: more games stands, more game stands! More shops, more shops!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Themeparksandy1981

If Merlin had their way every closed ride would be replaced with a fast track sales booth. I would love for a well themed breakdancer to go on Submission site but add special effects.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ripsaw Raver

Personally I would love to see a Mondial Diablo
Relatively low height and small footprint, I believe it's lower than the TopScan models and most definitely lower than the Inferno model

Next option for me
Zamperla SuperSpin

However this is what I think will happen

Repaint black and yellow, theme to MOJ and then move Blade to MB, that then opens space for another coaster station (Ripsaw Site) using the queue bridge and (Blade site) for Queueline for said coaster. I hope not though
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123