CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
altontowerscrazy

All the new rides and attractions going into CBeebies Land look great! Looks like it will be really popular with families/young children, and will be a great addition to the park!  :)
rctneil

I hope the queue for the rethemed Squirrel Nutty Ride gets rerouted so the entrance is from within CBeebies Land. It would make the area all fit together and not require people to have to sort of leave the area to go on a ride that is meant to be a part of it. This would then allow Spinball to stand alone and be its own area and nothing to do with CBeebies Land.

Oh and why is CBeebies Land so damn difficult to type!
Last edited by rctneil on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

The station is staying where it is. If you look at the pictures you can see you will still get to the ride opposite Sonic, however a large fence is being constructed to make it feel part of Cbeebies Land
Last edited by Danny on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rctneil

DannyG wrote: The station is staying where it is. If you look at the pictures you can see you will still get to the ride oppersite Sonic, however a large fence is being constructed to make it feel part of Cbeebies Land
I didn't say would the station be moved, I stated that I hoped the queue would be rerouted so the entrance is from cBeebiesLand and not from near Spinball as it is currently.
BenBowser

It is a shame they can't move the station to the CBeebies Land entrance. The station for that ride is quite far from the rest of its track, which was always odd.
Last edited by BenBowser on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kierannewcombe

It really has been expanded. They've opened up the area behind Riverbank Eye Spy. Mr Blooms Allottment looks as it is to the right of Justin's pie factory.

Credit to Lewis97
themeparkcollective

Construction images from today:

Track repaint, with new wiring

For more images check out: https://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkCollective
Last edited by themeparkcollective on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lf2001

The construction is coming on nicely! :) The area looks like it will be very colourful.
Hari

rctneil wrote:I hope the queue for the rethemed Squirrel Nutty Ride gets rerouted so the entrance is from within CBeebies Land. It would make the area all fit together and not require people to have to sort of leave the area to go on a ride that is meant to be a part of it. This would then allow Spinball to stand alone and be its own area and nothing to do with CBeebies Land.

Oh and why is CBeebies Land so damn difficult to type!
There is no need for the park to do that. They have gotten rid of the Storybook Land theme right? Meaning that Storybook Land is part of CBeebies Land, if i'm not mistaken... I do agree with you though, Adventure Land looks all lonely now! They should scrap Adventure Land completely when the SEGA deal runs out and expand CBeebies Land. Re-theme Sonic Spinball and um... whatever else is in that pointless area. It was a lot better with the Beastie and made more sense!
Ladyofthelake

full details have been released of two more CBeebies attractions on the CBeebies minisite today. See our news article below for full details.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2014/ ... -released/
Full details of two further attractions which will be located in CBeebies Land, have today been revealed on the CBeebies Land minisite by the Alton Towers Resort.

The first of these, The Numtums Number-Go-Round, is set to be a carousel style ride where guests can ‘hop aboard your own Numtum cart’ and control the steering as you ‘whizz’ around. As with the other CBeebies Land attractions, the ride will have an interactive element focused on helping children develop their counting skills. This attraction is expected to take the place of the much loved Doodle Doo Derby.

Also revealed today, Charlie and Lola’s Moonsquirters and Greendrops will be another highly interactive attraction will allow children to fully immerse themselves in the word of Charlie and Lola. Guests can visit Charlie and Lola’s home on Crocodile street, where they might see a range of characters from the popular CBeebies show. Amongst the activities on offer they can help Lola make lunch, peek in Charlie and Lola’s bedroom to do some dressing up and follow the bugs to Greenland where ‘it’s always raining greendrops’, and head to a supermarket under the sea when they can watch the ocean nibbles. Finally, if children still have any energy, they can try climbing to the top of Mount Fuji and try to touch the cloud fluff.

This most recent announcement leaves just the CBeebies Photo Studio details to be revealed by the resort.

What are your thoughts on the latest two additions to CBeebies Land? Why not have you say over in the TowersTimes Forum? Make sure you keep a close eye on TowersTimes as we continue to bring you all the latest CBeebies Land updates.
cookiee_munster

It's all looking really good. it's definitely part of that park that really needed a good sprucing up. i just hope that an IP like Cbeebies has good enough staying power for the land to remain popular. always the problem when you go with IP's...
Ladyofthelake

A few photos from last weekend showing more progress on CBeebies Land. Theming details have been added to the Get Set Go! buildings, work is progressing well on the something Special Sensory Garden, and you can just make out some theming details being added to Postman Pat. There is also a range of CBeebies merchandise in Towers Trading.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Please do not re-use images elsewhere without permission
Danny

ATG have posted a picture update from today:

https://www.facebook.com/thealtontowersguide

Enjoy :)
KoasterKraver

I wonder what the area and ride music will be like in Cbeebies Land? It will probably be something like the cloud cuckoo land music but it might be something jazzy!
Katherine

ATG just posted this on their Twitter:

Alton Towers Guide ‏@AltonTowerGuide · 2m
@altontowers reveal further details of the CBeebies Land Bedrooms available from 24th May in the Alton Towers Hotel.
http://www.altontowersguide.com/alton-t ... -bedrooms/
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The latest aerial shot from Tatenhill Aviation shows the current progress on CBeebies Land.

Ladyofthelake

Looks like work is really progressing well. Nice to see the Big Fun Showtime Pavillion has some fresh turf, and it looks like the In The Night Garden Magical Boat Ride has also had some new grass laid. The area is nice and colourful, I just hope the work is put in to maintain everything once it's up and running.

The details of the CBeebies bedrooms have also now been added to the Alton Towers website. As TowersTimes News reported last week there will be rooms themed to Postman Pat, Mike the Knight and Tree Fu Tom. I can see the Postman Pat and Mike the Knight rooms in particular being very popular.

Image Image
Dom

Cbeebies land will get a massive boost of new customers because also in May there is a Postman Pat Movie coming out. Also those rooms actually looks amazing.
tallicay2k

RIP bookworm? I will miss him so.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
awsomelycoolboy

YEEEEEESSSSSSS!! I mean.. Awww :( the book worm that told worse joke than my science teacher is gone!?! That was the main reason I came to the park in the first place.... NOT. I can see a good future for Cbeebies land, it will attract younger visitors because in all fairness the past 2 years we have had 2 thrill rides. Nemesis Sub-Terra and The Smiler. It's nice to see the younger ones getting an attraction!