What will happen to the Squirrel Nutty Golf Hole?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Inferno Attractions

Hello this is my first topic (hope this works)(please excuse the spelling, I'm dyslexic) 

I have recently been looking through the towers times website and found the extraordinary golf course and I was wondering what everybody thought about what would happen to the squirrel nutty hole

Since squirrel nutty is going to be replaced by Get Set Go Tree Top Adventure in CBeebies Land. What does everybody think is going to happen to the  squirrel nutty golf course

Last edited by Inferno Attractions on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions
Themeparksandy1981

Isn't there another hole that still got a past attraction on?
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenBowser

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Isn't there another hole that still got a past attraction on?
Yes, there is one for Ug Land.
Inferno Attractions

yeah but UG land was pretty popular and significant but this is a tiny ride that's not really worth keeping on the golf

I would like to think they will make it into a SMILER hole
Last edited by Inferno Attractions on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inferno Attractions
Henry

I doubt anything will change, but hopefully this will be their chance to refurb the whole course.
Squirrel Nutty into Cbeebies
Old Mcdonalds farm into Cbeebies or another theme.
Nemesis monster hole into Sub-Terra
X-Sector hole into The Smiler
Ugland into Dark Forest/TH13TEEN
Rita: Queen of Speed into just Rita
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
DeanGaryCox

Don't forget they still have the teacup ride hole as well.

Merlin: Don't fix what ain't broken... and even if it's broke we'll probably leave it anyway.

I wouldn't expect to see anything changed (as nice as that would be), just paying homage to present and past attractions/areas - although The Smiler is their star attraction now, so wouldn't go amiss seeing a Smiler hole.
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
JaykeAT

Great first topic  :) .

I like the fact that there is holes from past rides,leaves a sort of legacy to remember things from the past.
Dom

To be honest, I love the fact that there are old rides and areas used in the golf course. I think they should expand it and add the newer attractions and some other golden oldies. They could easily get at least another 8 holes
Last edited by Dom on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
lf2001

Like Inferno Attractions has already said, they should make a Smiler hole. I'd prefer it if they updated it a bit, took out the old ride holes and place them with some newer ones.
Themeparksandy1981

Is the Golf run by Alton Towers or HB leisure/other outside company?
Dom

There is so many more things that could be added to Extraordinary Golf. But in order to do this, they would probably have to close it, and that would cost money instead of earning money. In my opinion, it does need an update but if they wanted to keep it up to date then it be also be closed during closed seasons to go through changes. Alas, this hasn't happened and probably won't happen for some time to come.
kierannewcombe

It's a bit like the fireworks display and "Memories". The Golf course provides memories of all the past rides at Alton Towers

Credit to Lewis97
Altonboy001

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Isn't there another hole that still got a past attraction on?
ug land is still there.

Credit to Nemesis rider
James

It's a shame they do not re-theme the old holes. I haven't visited the golf course for years as they do nothing to it to keep it fresh. It really needs a good shake up and fixing all the way through. The last time I went speakers were broken, theming damaged, ponds looking filthy, water fountains not working... didn't set a year impression. Sort it out Alton!
Henry wrote: Rita: Queen of Speed into just Rita
It is kind of just 'Rita' now. In 2010 the flame marks and 'Rita Queen of Speed' writing on the tyres was removed. Not quite a re-theme of that part of the course, but a definite removal of the old branding at least.
jon18uk

I don't think they need to replace the holes, the nostalgia is quite nice. But the whole course needs some maintenance, if they had done little bits then it wouldn't be so bad but now it is quite a bad state of repair. A lot of the ground has sunk making it hard to get the ball in (particularly on the Oblivion hole), the pond is dirty and not enough water in it and the Hex hole is broken.

I don't think ExtraOrdinary Golf has had as many visitors as they expected and therefore they dont see any reason to maintain it? They do also need to get the opening hours right though, last summer we left the park at 6pm and golf was advertised as open until 6:30pm but when we arrived at 6:20 they had already shut! I understand that it takes 1-2 hours to play so they can't open too late into the evening, but in summer when it is light staying open until 7pm would make sense so you can play a game and finish around 9pm.
Inferno Attractions

jon18uk wrote: I don't think ExtraOrdinary Golf has had as many visitors as they expected and therefore they dont see any reason to maintain it?
That's probably why they don't have many visitors, because if they maintained it abit then they may have more visitors.
I think this is a major part of the resort because whenever I go to splash (which isn't much because of the price) I always persuade my family to play the golf. It's a fun thing to do the night before entering the theme park and if they just fixed it up abit (like they recently did for Duel) then it would attract more people.

Inferno Attractions
stealthsmiler

I like the idea of it being themed around old rides also. It does need fixing up, restoring to something spectacular and have new theming (Old themes but new objects) put in. Then rather than doing a hole for the latest ride, it could be for the one thats just left (significant rides, like when the blade goes, it doesnt need a hole dedicating to it). So have an ug land hole( mainly corky as its was AT's first coaster), old mcdonalds farm hole, merry england hole, Cred street hole etc.

Or as they have two courses, one could be a present day AT  course, with the smiler, Nemmy, Dark Forest, Cebeebies land, mutiny bay, CCL, Hex/Towers etc and then the other  be a past AT course with ug land, old mcdonalds farm, merry england, cred street, black hole, storybook land etc. Then Both courses would get a new hole re-theme each time an area gets a re-theme.