Drayton Manor

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Themeparksandy1981

DeanGaryCox wrote: Drayton Manor now posting the obvious

'Yes, we're getting a new attraction! But what type? Tell us what kind of ride you would like to see here at the park!'

Probably doesn't make any difference them asking people as they already know what they're getting, unless this could be for help with future investments... although we haven't seen a thrilling one in countless years!
Well they did an on site guest survey back in 2005 and one of the questions was 'which ride do you miss the most?'
The top 2 answers were the tea cups and the pirate ship, so they brought both back as The Bounty and The Drunken Barrels.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeanGaryCox

that's a great fact to know :)

bring back black revolver!!!!!!!!!  :lol:
Image 2014
iBacon

Another Facebook Teaser-
Drayton Manorlink=topic=30628.msg780287#msg780287 date=1389915561 wrote: New attraction teaser - you'll experience stomach churning g-forces, loops, dives, banks and weightlessness. Sounds fun doesn't it?
Motion Simulator Maybe?
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Themeparksandy1981

Do you think it could be Robo arm's in the dark to sound and light.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

It's possible. However due to the very limited amount of space there is it would only fit 1 robo arm and the throughput would be horrific. I think it'll be a high capacity flat ride.

EDIT: Have just found Coney Island are getting a new thrill flat that would exactly match the description drayton manor have given!
Information on the website: http://www.coneyislandpark.com
Last edited by Danny on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iBacon

Another Teaser-
Mr Drayton wrote: We think our new arrival will test even the most experienced thrill seekers! #draytonmanor #summer2014
So, it's come this Summer! And it's a Thrill Ride...
----reece----

DannyG wrote: It's possible. However due to the very limited amount of space there is it would only fit 1 robo arm and the throughput would be horrific. I think it'll be a high capacity flat ride.

EDIT: Have just found Coney Island are getting a new thrill flat that would exactly match the description drayton manor have given!

Coney Island sound like there getting some sort of topspin...
Danny

----reece---- wrote:
DannyG wrote: It's possible. However due to the very limited amount of space there is it would only fit 1 robo arm and the throughput would be horrific. I think it'll be a high capacity flat ride.

Well it's not a top spin so what do you mean?
----reece----

DannyG wrote:
----reece---- wrote:

I don't no I'm just guessing haha

I'm just guessing lol I don't no
Danny

----reece---- wrote:
DannyG wrote:
----reece---- wrote: I don't no I'm just guessing haha

I'm just guessing lol I don't no
There's a picture on their website and you can see it isn't
dumbdumb

I think the suggestion is the other park on Coney Island - the new Luna Park: -

http://www.lunaparknyc.com/explore-the-park/high-thrill-rides.html?view=attractions&start=1

I believe somebody suggested Air Race...
DeanGaryCox

the descriptions they have been using in their facebook posts pretty much are copy and pasted from zamperla's product description of their air race flat ride...
Image 2014
Themeparksandy1981

Drayton Manor have confirmed that it's a Air Race 8.4 opening June/July
iBacon

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Drayton Manor have confirmed that it's a Air Race 8.4 opening June/July
Where was this said all I can ride is this quote from their Facebook Page-
link=topic=30628.msg780735#msg780735 date=1390166563 wrote: Who's ready for an aerial adventure? Not long till we reveal the big news! #draytonmanor #summer2014
Danny

Well that's really cool and am happy that's what it's going be
DeanGaryCox

well after practically knowing what it's going to be... drayton have revealed on facebook that it is in fact, none of you would have guessed this, a zamperla air race (8.4 version) ;)
Image 2014
themealgang

I didn't expect this at all. I thought Drayton's days of opening thrill rides were over so it's good to hear they are making investment for the thrill seekers.

Good choice of ride, too. As someone who has ridden the original Air Race at Zamperla's Luna Park, it's actually one of the most enjoyable flat rides out there and they've managed to shift a fair amount of units considering it's only been on the market for around four years.

Drayton are onto a hit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
DeanGaryCox

Is the height restriction 1.4m? I would be surprised if this is the case. I know it's great to see a thrill ride, but surprised Drayton have gone for this choice as any future investments, including this one, I would have expected to see a 1.2 or 1.3m height restriction, for fun yet still thrilling rides - rather than a ride like this, which I think is great to see, just shocked as much as everyone else. Nice to see people complaining on facebook they're not adding anything for families, since that's all they have done since Gforce back in 2005! seriously, some people  :roll:
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
NickiFan

DeanGaryCox wrote: Is the height restriction 1.4m? I would be surprised if this is the case. I know it's great to see a thrill ride, but surprised Drayton have gone for this choice as any future investments, including this one, I would have expected to see a 1.2 or 1.3m height restriction, for fun yet still thrilling rides - rather than a ride like this, which I think is great to see, just shocked as much as everyone else. Nice to see people complaining on facebook they're not adding anything for families, since that's all they have done since Gforce back in 2005! seriously, some people  :roll:

1.2m, that is what it says on the Zamperla website.
DeanGaryCox

That's good then... Just when they posted a picture of one at another park on their Facebook, swear it had a sign by the ride saying 1.4m?
Image 2014