Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
JBragg1

On the 5th October 2013 there was a cherrie piker outside slammer and the area was fenced off
JBragg1

Me and my friends came of with a head acc and will never go on again
JBragg1

Why has loggers leap been sbno this year
RollercoasterGEEK100

I didnt make this for people to compare Inferno to Nemesis, I made this to see what people like about Nemesis Inferno...

Credit to NemesisRider
Jack

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: I didnt make this for people to compare Inferno to Nemesis, I made this to see what people like about Nemesis Inferno...
I know, but seeing as every Nemmy Inferno related discussion turns to comparison, I get the feeling this will be the same, sorry :( :)
RollercoasterGEEK100

jackandylan123 wrote:
RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: I didnt make this for people to compare Inferno to Nemesis, I made this to see what people like about Nemesis Inferno...
I know, but seeing as every Nemmy Inferno related discussion turns to comparison, I get the feeling this will be the same, sorry :( :)
Hopefully it wont though  [-o<

Credit to NemesisRider
Emma

There is always a cherry picker near by... I could be wrong but i believe it was because on the rare occasion the ride was open they had to use it to manually lower the ride.

I believe Slammer is going to the grave very soon, after a whole season closed, surely its just a nuisance now for Thorpe?

I will miss Slammer,  but not the headache that came with it

R.I.P
jamesc

If they have to replace it with anything I would like it replaced with a ride like Rock Rage, what you all think?

As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
jamesc

Or even better Loop Fighter holds more people. :lol:

As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Danny

I'd rather a sky roller :D
Danny

Was going to say an S&S screaming swing but then I realise… opps :)
X/: no way out

False alarm people they were just adjust something and I asked Thorpe manager it is broken and will be up and running for 2014 season yay

Credit to Lewis 97 for the awesome signature!

Don't get corrected get Xecuted
Lottie.

Slammer is certainly on the way out with the amount of downtime it's had. :P

Have to admit I did enjoy the ride but can't compare to Samurai or Rush as my fave flat rides.
Luce

If Slammer is going, then I won't mind as it's not a particularly good ride and I'd like to think that Thorpe could replace it with something better and hopefully more reliable.

It's one redeeming feature however is that it's an impressive ride to watch but not good to go on in my view.
Alex.D

Well at least I rode it once, on FN last year. In the dark! Probably one of the last people to ride it in the dark. :( Me and my friends nicknamed it the vomitator. :P
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
iBacon

JBragg1 wrote: Why has loggers leap been sbno this year
I went on it when I went late September?
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Burniel

JBragg1 wrote: Why has loggers leap been sbno this year
Oooh I might have been there when it happened!

We were in the queue, were just at the front, when some guy came to check the water levels. Took him about 20mins, and he came back "dangerously low" he mouthed to the ride op.

The ride was closed for the rest of the day and I haven't been since. This was in August.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Chris
Admin
Admin

I'd be very surprised if it will be operational next year. I think the ongoing maintenance and running costs are not viable any more. Yes it may be high capacity, but the queue is never that long compared to other flats at the park.
Kimberley

When I visited recently the signage had been removed, and it appeared that the restraints had also been removed. I would also be surprised if was operational next year, but personally I will miss it if it isn't because I loved watching & riding it, even if it did hurt my head :lol:

Tried to get a photo when I was there of the restraints, but it's difficult to see - sorry!
Thanks to Danny for the signature (:
Jack

I know that this is going off topic, but I see a brilliant opportunity if Slammer is to be removed:

My idea is that Thorpe could move Samurai to the site where Slammer resides now But instead of leaving an area empty next to SAW, I think that Thorpe could then move Detonator to where Samurai is (or was should they move it to where slammer is now) and re-theme it to match the SAW theme, and turn it into one of jigsaw's traps.

Yes, I know this is far fetched, but how much better would it be to have samurai in a place where it fits the theme (sort of) and have a drop tower themed as a trap from SAW? :D

EDIT: just realised, the name of this topic could be written into the swarm themes chorus: Is this the end of slammer/I cannot bear to watch it burn...
Last edited by Jack on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.