Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
obliviongirl

Personally, I think Colossus is just too dated now. It's old and gives you a headache whenever you ride, except maybe if you queue for front row. I went in the summer, after not visiting for a year, and rode Colossus. The queue was literally colossus (if you'll excuse the pun  :)), and I had to wait two and a bit hours, even though the queue times said 90 minutes. Then when I finally got on, the ride was way less thrilling than I had been anticipating. The inversions were uncomfortable, as were the trains themselves. I got off the ride with a headache, and mentally kicking myself for bothering to queue for so long. To be honest, I think the trains are the main factor to blame, as I think new and more spacious trains would make for a much smoother ride experience.
Jack

Oh, stop your wining about smoothness, it's a ride, and a damn good one as well. I enjoy it more than most B&M's because it's slightly rougher, I have never come off it with a headache and am starting to believe that you all over-dramatize the roughness to any ride. (Yes, this is a rant, sorry mods) If you want a rough ride, go on a Vekoma SLC and try not to get concussion :roll:

My take on the ride is that you have slightly under-sized trains that have comfortable-ish restrains that have been put on a brilliant roller coaster, if you want any more than that, get to Alton, get on Nemmy, and stop moaning about how rough Colossus is *rant over*
Last edited by Jack on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benji

Last time I went on colossus, I sat right at the back and didn't come off in any pain at all, infact, compared to saw, I found the ride experience really smooth. It is good cause unlike the smiler, where you have to be in the queueline to see most of the ride, you can stand under it and admire it instead of having to stand and watch it from a far. I love especially how close you can get to the quad roll

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
Alex.D

^ That is another reason I like it. You are so close you feel the rumble as it shoots  past. :3 I love it!
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
RollercoasterGEEK100

obliviongirl wrote: Personally, I think Colossus is just too dated now. It's old and gives you a headache whenever you ride, except maybe if you queue for front row. I went in the summer, after not visiting for a year, and rode Colossus. The queue was literally colossus (if you'll excuse the pun  :)), and I had to wait two and a bit hours, even though the queue times said 90 minutes. Then when I finally got on, the ride was way less thrilling than I had been anticipating. The inversions were uncomfortable, as were the trains themselves. I got off the ride with a headache, and mentally kicking myself for bothering to queue for so long. To be honest, I think the trains are the main factor to blame, as I think new and more spacious trains would make for a much smoother ride experience.
You don't call an 11 year child old so there's no need to call a coaster old...  :roll:

Credit to NemesisRider
Andyroo

Personally I enjoy Colossus, yes it doesn't have the best room in the trains nor the smoothest ride.
I do feel really cramped when I get on but as soon as we leave the station I forget that and just enjoy it for what it is.... A great ride even if it is a little rough.
NickiFan

Andyroo wrote: Personally I enjoy Colossus, yes it doesn't have the best room in the trains nor the smoothest ride.
I do feel really cramped when I get on but as soon as we leave the station I forget that and just enjoy it for what it is.... A great ride even if it is a little rough.
I didn't realise it was opposite day, it's rough. A big helping of headbanging.
I asked my cousin again yesterday about Colossus, he said he hated it, I agreed with him.
Obviously, we are all entitled to our own opinion but I and my family all agree it was rough and something we wouldn't do again.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Theres a topic about colossus so why not about Nemesis Inferno.

Credit to NemesisRider
Jack

^ because of the fact that it will become a flamewar, just like the Nemesis vs Nemesis Inferno thread

But anyway, I just couldn't help think of an Enterprise flat when I was on it, it just had the same constant force the whole way around :( although, it is a good looking ride, and for people who don't like rough rides, they will have a great time :D
JBragg1

Why is slammer not on the fright night map
JBragg1

Loggers leap has had a lot of down time this year anyone know why
Danny

JBragg1 wrote: Loggers leap has had a lot of down time this year anyone know why
When we went we were told it was closed as the water level was to high so maintenance had to empty some first
Danny

So as we all know Slammer is closed more time than it is open and has had whole seasons off for maintenance. Now we know the product is discontinued and therefore harder to repair however I'm starting to think this is the end. Thorpe nerd has reported that on fright nights day 1 that Slammer was being dismantled and is has been removed from the fright nights map. I suppose we shall see when the normal map is updated but do believe this is the end for slammer…
What do you guys think? Discuss below!
Jack

danny.g97 wrote: So as we all know Slammer is closed more time than it is open and has had whole seasons off for maintenance. Now we know the product is discontinued and therefore harder to repair however I'm starting to think this is the end. Thorpe nerd has reported that on fright nights day 1 that Slammer was being dismantled and is has been removed from the fright nights map. I suppose we shall see when the normal map is updated but do believe this is the end for slammer…
What do you guys think? Discuss below!
NOOOOOOO, I don't want it to go, never got to ride it :cry:
Danny

Same! I'll be gutted if it goes! :(
SwEDEN

Recent pictures from TP nerd covering their Fright Night 2013, shows a shot of Slammer which according to the caption is apparently being dismantled :(

Shame really, never got to ride it :/
Deejay

If that is truth then RIP Slammer. Loved the high speed spin in both directions. It's a very intense ride!
tallicay2k

Ye I went twice in a week and it was shut both times.
It hasent been there that long has it?
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
tallicay2k

NickiFan wrote:
Andyroo wrote: Personally I enjoy Colossus, yes it doesn't have the best room in the trains nor the smoothest ride.
I didn't realise it was opposite day, it's rough. A big helping of headbanging.
I asked my cousin again yesterday about Colossus, he said he hated it, I agreed with him.
Obviously, we are all entitled to our own opinion but I and my family all agree it was rough and something we wouldn't do again.
.....and they lived happily ever after ;)
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Danny

Slammer opened march 26th 2005 :)