CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Danny

Planning applications have been submitted online regarding a retheme/refurbishment of the Farmyard next year. The applications can be viewed publicly here.

The most striking elements of the plan consist of a modified tractor ride layout, additional theming being added to Riverbank Eye Spy and an extension/retheme to Berry Bish Bash.

03 - 2813-102F Proposed Site Plan (55887)

06 - 2813-105F Foam Factory Proposed Plans Elevations (55891)

07 - 2813-112F Riverbank Boat Ride Proposed Layout (55892)

09 - 2813-114F Entrance Barn Proposed Elevations (55894)

10 - 2813-117F Tractor Ride Proposed Layout (55895)

11 - 2813-122F Marquee And Green WC Facilities (55896)

17 - 2813-131F Marquee And Green - Proposed Sections (55905)

18 - 2813-132F Marquee Green Proposed Landscaping (55908)

19 - 2813-133F Demolition Site Plan (55909)

Let the discussions of what's to come next year commence!
Last edited by Danny on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toonsville

I think Nintendo Land with new rides based on Nintendo Games like Mario would be a good choice.
ukool

It says the Dung heap will go, is that the shortest lived attraction ever? Its only been thier a few years hasnt it?
Danny

It opened in 2007, so it's not exactly that young but nor is it very old either. It wasn't a major addition and it's being replaced by some form of playground or another, so it's hardly a huge loss.
TheOutpatient

Good call on posting this

The Marquee and Green looks like it has a stage in it or am I completely mislead?
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
djdan14

I notice changing rooms are been added. Something water based maybe?
haydn!

It's an interesting plan, it seems it's purely going to rely on some form of IP to sell it as new, as there isn't any new attractions included (as yet) and the letter states details have been excluded with permission on the grounds of commercial sensitivity. Though, one of the 'characters' will be quite large, something like 6m wide x 9m long and 3m tall...
Altontowersbarlow

djdan14 wrote: I notice changing rooms are been added. Something water based maybe?
This makes sense that it could be something water based , they are removing something in the dung heap so what about a water play playground like those play grounds with fountains coming out of the ground and stuff. I am not sure if this is right or not but I hope this area is magical and original :)
iBacon

altontowersbarlow wrote:
djdan14 wrote: I notice changing rooms are been added. Something water based maybe?
This makes sense that it could be something water based , they are removing something in the dung heap so what about a water play playground like those play grounds with fountains coming out of the ground and stuff. I am not sure if this is right or not but I hope this area is magical and original :)
Or Maybe it will be a little bit like Duplo Splash Valley and Legoaland?
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Count-Vonduel

Remember the Shrek re-theme speculated for Storybook Land in 2012? It will probably be a Shrek theme...but by god they already killed CCL with Ice Age. I will be deppressed if they kill this area with Shrek.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
SuperWill

My best bet is that it will become CBBC Land! I have got a funny feeling that it will become CBBC Land! :P

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Altontowersbarlow

SuperWill wrote: My best bet is that it will become CBBC Land! I have got a funny feeling that it will become CBBC Land! :P
I personally would not like to see this happen, I just think that better opportunity's are available. I'm not hitting you down just would not like to see the park do this :)
SuperWill

altontowersbarlow wrote:
SuperWill wrote: My best bet is that it will become CBBC Land! I have got a funny feeling that it will become CBBC Land! :P
I personally would not like to see this happen, I just think that better opportunity's are available. I'm not hitting you down just would not like to see the park do this :)
In my opinion a CBBC Land would be a really good idea! I think it will bring something that other Theme Parks across the country don't have! :D And plus it would be really awesome to ride a Dumping Ground ride as I love The Dumping Ground and Alton Towers! What if we combine the two? It would just be awesome for me! :D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Altontowersbarlow

I am probably being very silly but what is the Foam factory? :)
TomL

its the Berry Bish Bash. I think 'foam' relates to the foam balls
schmatt

Are the 'farm' areas just relating to development on these areas which were once a farm or are they indeed bringing back more animals to the park?!  [-o<
If so I can see an IP of Sean the Sheep fitting in well, or a non-IP development, however the retheme of the tractors goes against this.

The area on the ice tent feels like it will have a completely separate festival theme however. Perhaps for more events similar to the concerts Alton have held before and maybe some new live entertainment. I'm guessing activity areas are midway attractions and stalls?

Any idea what back of house means? is it just staff only areas?
TheOutpatient

I'm really trying but I still haven't found the changing rooms - I was thinking if they're not for public they could be for a stage e.g. because of costume changes etc.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
Dom

in all the years ive been going to AT i have never been any where near this area, so i cant comment on whats there at the moment, but this could be a good thing for the younger guests
CPATH10

ukool wrote: It says the Dung heap will go, is that the shortest lived attraction ever? Its only been thier a few years hasnt it?
The shortest lived attraction was the Space Boat. it was situated next to the entrance to Katanga Canyon. It was installed in 1983 and removed at the end of the season due to it's height.
bensaund

Count-Vonduel wrote: Remember the Shrek re-theme speculated for Storybook Land in 2012? It will probably be a Shrek theme...but by god they already killed CCL with Ice Age. I will be deppressed if they kill this area with Shrek.
I fully disagree with you here, Ice Age was a fantastic addition, what else are you going to go to CCL for?

Charlie - Worst ride in the park
Frog hopper and Driving school are for anyone under 1.4
The other other decent attraction is Twirling Toadstools
If you go down to the woods today