Best seat of a coaster?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Favourite Seat

Front left
9%
Front Right
11%
Front Middle
29%
Back Left
4%
Back Right
18%
Back Middle
9%
Middle section left
No votes
Middle section right
No votes
I don't care where I sit
20%

Total votes: 45
JamieH93

So Where do people prefer to sit on their favorite coasters and rides?

I personally prefer the front middle or front left but a lot of people say the back seats offer a more thrilling experience which I have yet to try because I'm always a front seat guy.

EDIT: Vote for your favourite seat in general but post your favourite seats on specific rides. Original post was a bit vague.
Last edited by JamieH93 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
Ripsaw Raver

Difficult to say really it all depends on the ride.
Nemesis i try to get front right for the station near miss, Yet on oblivion i prefer the left for the shorter radius of the overbank. I do prefer the front thats for sure and it seems that the right seats on the smiler get the best interaction.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

I think you should make it more specific as for Nemmy front middle or back offer more g's but for Oblivion it's the back... Its slightly higher up gives more of a hanging over the edge ( suspended ) feel ;)
Air is practically anywhere my heart is always with the front of rides I hate looking a people's feet and prefer to undisrupted look ahead, so with air this is a big factor. But I do like the back of certain rides as for more g's.
Th13teen never really noticed a difference, front as when you enter the room the effects are right in front of you, but again the effect on the air time hills at the back.
Rita well front always
Smiler sadly I am yet to be corrected but I would rather ride the front! D
Missed any rides?
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
JamieH93

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: I think you should make it more specific as for Nemmy front middel but for Oblivion it's the back... ( gives more of a hanging over the edge ( suspended ) feel ;)
Ive never sat back row on oblivion but I can imagine its a good thrill as the back row is slightly raised (correct me if im wrong) so even if a little, you should feel higher up.
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
Kenzie2012

As said above it depends on the ride.

Nemesis - Has to be back/front right. the near miss on the front is awsome but i have a major passion for the back right seat too.
Rita - Got to be front seat, it's nott he best ride on park but that seat makes all the difference.
Thirteen - My least favourite ride of all but i prefer back seat to any other for that first drop.
Spinball -  :|
Air - I like the back seat on this one as you get the drag feeling on the faster parts.
OBLIVION - I really don't find that any seat on this gives a different feeling, they are all the same intense ride.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Kirsty25

As already has been said, it seriously depends on the ride...

Rita - Front row
Air, Front Row or back row
Nemmy - much as though I love front row, i prefer the forces of the back row.
oblivion - I like the right hand side, and prefer the front fractionally over the back.
Thirteen - Both front and back row... front row for seeing the inside of the drop, back row for the airtime
Danny

Nemesis - Back right or anywhere on the front row.
Air - Back row.
Thirteen - Front row.
Rita - Front row.
RMT - Front row.
Spinball - In a car with a varied weight for brilliant spinning.
Oblivion - Front right.
The Smiler - Front row.
Kirsty25

Danny wrote: Nemesis - Back right or anywhere on the front row.
Air - Back row.
Thirteen - Front row.
Rita - Front row.
RMT - Front row.
Spinball - In a car with a varied weight for brilliant spinning.
Oblivion - Front right.
The Smiler - Front row.
damn I forgot about spinball and RMT - RMT front row.. and Spinball... I agree with Danny but when I went on Dragon's Fury @ Chessy with varied weights (my bros friend and I on one side, and 2 small kids on the other) and we got no spin :(
Last edited by Kirsty25 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tallicay2k

Anywhere that gives me more airtime (sounds like a tony hawk saying) and gives me more thrill, for example the far sides of oblivion as it looks like a close shave to the side of the hole. As stated as above on nemesis where u have near misses. So ye depends really on the type of ride .
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
DontLookDown

Front right for Nemmy for the near-miss! :D x
Transgender and proud :D