The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
JayJay90

japmfb wrote: i think the que will be worse than when oblivion was opened, and that run with 6 cars . one every 15 seconds or so.

the smiler is going to be 1 every minute.    im getting to old to que for 2 hours lol
In my eyes 2 hours is reasonable I think. If on thurs i get on the ride at 12 after waiting since 10 i wont be complaining, ill even run around and do it again!
jbuckton18

JayJay90 wrote:
japmfb wrote: i think the que will be worse than when oblivion was opened, and that run with 6 cars . one every 15 seconds or so.

the smiler is going to be 1 every minute.    im getting to old to que for 2 hours lol
In my eyes 2 hours is reasonable I think. If on thurs i get on the ride at 12 after waiting since 10 i wont be complaining, ill even run around and do it again!
Plus standing in that queue underneath the low track will be amazing ! ;)
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough
M3tabolic

I'm pretty sure the oblivion dispatch time is longer than 15 seconds. Surely it takes that long just to get people into the seats?

Wasn't throughput calculated from the Nolimits sims to be about 1100-1200 per hour?
bbooth2

Why do people use no limits for an accurate ride time, unless the rollercoaster is made and built off a no limits build then surely it's completely inaccurate, then you've got humans to load and unload which completely varies in time every single time
nick67862

What happened to that piece of track mentioned in the 12th of February update?
gouldy

One every 15 seconds!? That's a little generous, don't you think? That's a put through of almost 4000 riders per hour!

Even the most optimistic estimate would put Oblivion's capacity at about 1300/1400 riders per hour.
JayJay90

what was the through put estimate for the smiler?
japmfb

1800 per hour, when opened apartently.  theyload two at once dont forget,  even if it was 1300/1400 .  the smiler will be 1000 max
JayJay90

japmfb wrote: 1800 per hour, when opened apartently.  theyload two at once dont forget,  even if it was 1300/1400 .  the smiler will be 1000 max
ok, so that means if 4200 people turn up and head straight for the smiler, at a 1400 throughput thats 3 hours queue time. I really dont mind waiting in the cattle pen that long watching it whizz around and going through them doors with the flaps to see what awaits :D
DannyNewbro

JayJay90 wrote:
japmfb wrote: 1800 per hour, when opened apartently.  theyload two at once dont forget,  even if it was 1300/1400 .  the smiler will be 1000 max
ok, so that means if 4200 people turn up and head straight for the smiler, at a 1400 throughput thats 3 hours queue time. I really dont mind waiting in the cattle pen that long watching it whizz around and going through them doors with the flaps to see what awaits :D
They're expecting over 20,000 people for Thursday!  :lol:  :roll:
RubyGaga

Does anybody know where I can see the plans/overview of the queueline section??

Image ImageImageImage
RCandrew

RubyGaga wrote: Does anybody know where I can see the plans/overview of the queueline section??
Yes please I want these :lol:
Kenzie2012

I am not looking forward to those gates opening on Thursday morning

My great annoyance will be the pass holders queue.
the ridiculous idea of having just one gate for pass holders infuriates me at the best of times, but the people who will flock to this ride on thursday will mainly be us, but that means all those people that are in the general queue will get in way before they sift through us pass holders as it takes an age to sort through us. I do hope they sort this soon as its getting very very annoying.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
DaveBear

I think this is where places have a premium pass, and maybe you can get a Upgrade for the Smiler you pay a one off fee for one Fast Pass Ticket?

Saying that if it was say £5 Quid i can see many people paying that and so, you would still get a large Que even on the Fast Track lol....

Fast Tracks are Awesome though for Scary Cats as it takes away the Tension and Anticipation and for me thats the main killer..... By that if i get nerves for going on a ride i am more likely to wanna bail out of the que the longer the ride, if its straight on you can get it over and done with before the nerves beat you lol.
littlenelly

It has been sorted. Pass holders can now use any entrance. And about time to!
Last edited by littlenelly on Tue May 21, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCandrew

This is a bit off topic, I know, sorry! But it is to do with my visit to ride the smiler and this is a general forum! So;
http://s11.postimg.org/juaki4u2r/image.jpg
Which one of these fast tracks is best to buy? I have only been a few time so don't know what the queues are normally like in Early July, but which of these two is best(has longer normal queues?)

Quick answer please that's all I need :) thanks!
bealyboy

RCandrew wrote: This is a bit off topic, I know, sorry! But it is to do with my visit to ride the smiler and this is a general forum! So;
Which one of these fast tracks is best to buy? I have only been a few time so don't know what the queues are normally like in Early July, but which of these two is best(has longer normal queues?)

I'd say adrenaline because Rita is always a long q and so is blivvy...
SMILE.ALWAYS
Instant Mix

RCandrew wrote: This is a bit off topic, I know, sorry! But it is to do with my visit to ride the smiler and this is a general forum! So;

If it's specifically for The Smiler - neither , as the Smiler won't have fasttrack tickets until later in the season. For other rides however, I'd go for Scream. Oblivion will be totally packed, but it's not worth it for Rita & Thirteen.
DaveBear

Well thats a easy call, would have to be the Adrenaline , i am not sure what Fast Tracks they offer now.

Did they not do individual rides before?

Also wonder if you get Fast Track with Hotel Stay, as when i go to Florida i make it one date to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel or its Sister Hotel as you use your room key to Fast Track at Universal Studios.
PeteB

DaveBear wrote: Well thats a easy call, would have to be the Adrenaline , i am not sure what Fast Tracks they offer now.

Did they not do individual rides before?

Also wonder if you get Fast Track with Hotel Stay, as when i go to Florida i make it one date to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel or its Sister Hotel as you use your room key to Fast Track at Universal Studios.
You used to but Merlin put a stop to this when they took over.  You only get it now at Scarefest as a replacement for ERT as they don't run ERT during Scarefest.

In general though, the rule of thumb is NEVER buy Fasttrack. Just plan your day (and trip) better.