Alton Towers Resort - Food and Beverage

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
dominicjeffrey

Share your opinion on the various eateries around Alton Towers (including past food joints). Share your stories about any particularly poor dining experiences OR pleasant experiences  :D.
Tryst

Pizza/pasta in Katanga Canyon gets my vote as a good place to eat. The foods simple, but it's good and there's plenty of it.Importantly, the tables are also clean and not sticky! I went there yesterday with 6 friends and the waitress asked if any of us had a MAP - I did so we all got a discount ^^ I'm glad that she asked because I always feel awkward asking for a discount; it's much better when it's offered.

Worst place for me so far has been the courtyard BBQ. I didn't enjoy the meal, but I suspect that was more to do with the weather as it was February and snowing!

I have a general grumble about the coffee shops at AT unfortunately. None of them appear to have soya milk or lactose free milk. Yesterday I was informed at the Towers Street café "We don't do soya milk." To me that seems a bit off hand about what is a genuine dietary requirement for a lot of people and secondly Eurest, who provide the cafés at AT and TP, also provide the café at my work where they quite definitely provide soya milk. Admittedly the café at work did try and charge extra for it at one point, but that was quickly abandoned.
dominicjeffrey

Tryst wrote: Pizza/pasta in Katanga Canyon gets my vote as a good place to eat. The foods simple, but it's good and there's plenty of it.Importantly, the tables are also clean and not sticky! I went there yesterday with 6 friends and the waitress asked if any of us had a MAP - I did so we all got a discount ^^ I'm glad that she asked because I always feel awkward asking for a discount; it's much better when it's offered.

Worst place for me so far has been the courtyard BBQ. I didn't enjoy the meal, but I suspect that was more to do with the weather as it was February and snowing!
Entirely agreed on the Kantanga Canyon Pizza place. Always the best value for money and the food and service is actually pretty good. Worst place for me is the grill/bar inbetween Hex and Dark Forest. Service is slow and it is expensive. Are you talking about the BBQ situated in Mutiny Bay?
Danny

I personally prefer Fresh Fish and Chips in Forbidden Valley food wise, but the service is dire! The service for hot drinks after 3pm in Burger Kitchen is quicker than the service for FFaC, even when there is hardly a queue!
dominicjeffrey

Is the Burger Kitchen the new place in Cloud Cuckoo Land? I'm going to the park next week and that's where I intend to eat.
Last edited by dominicjeffrey on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samwise

Has anyone ever eaten at the Mexican Cantina outside the exit to the Flume? If so, Whats it like?
Wise
Trumpet

The Fish and Chips in Forbiddeon Valley is nice, but the area can be very cold, whch makes the experience very poor. Also, the service is very slow, so if the park is quite, then it is a good place to eat.
"Science is not an exact Science"

Rick and Morty - 2014
Alex.D

The Mexican cantina outside the flume is a nasty horrid place. Do not eat there. Also I love the fish and chips in the FB, but It takes forever to get served!
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Alex

alee289 wrote: The Mexican cantina outside the flume is a nasty horrid place. Do not eat there. Also I love the fish and chips in the FB, but It takes forever to get served!
Whats wrong with the Mexican place? All three times I have eaten there its been really nice, when I met with Nige and Roodles they said the same.
Tryst

Ready_23 wrote:
alee289 wrote: The Mexican cantina outside the flume is a nasty horrid place. Do not eat there. Also I love the fish and chips in the FB, but It takes forever to get served!
Whats wrong with the Mexican place? All three times I have eaten there its been really nice, when I met with Nige and Roodles they said the same.
I'm going to echo this. I've eaten there once and it was pretty good. No real complaints at all.
MJNemesis

I haven't been since last season so I'm not sure what's changed but here's my input:

Worst: The Fish & Chips restaurant in Forbidden Valley. I just had a bad experience with gormless staff, bad hygiene and cold, rubbery food. Unfortunate because I heard great things about it which is why I popped in. I'd be willing to give it a second chance because there's great views from the outdoor seating area.

Best: BBQ Courtyard in Mutiny Bay. Great food, great staff and I love the surroundings in Mutiny Bay. Just seems so chilled out.

Nothing comes close to my worst by far ever in any park (so bad I felt it worthy to add): A chinese noodle bar at BlackpoolPB opposite Infusion. Took 10mins to come, cost about £10 and my beef noodles in Oyster Sauce turned out to be a bowl of fishy water with some spaghetti dumped in.
dominicjeffrey

Has anybody been to the new burger kitchen? I'm going to Alton Towers tomorrow so I'll review it on here. Has anyone else noticed that AT has eradicated all popular brands like McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Cadburys etc and replaced it with their own alternative? Same food (more or less) just sold under a different name.
Michelle

The Burger Kitchen is so-so, very similar to the BK it replaced but overpriced unless you have AP discount.  The service seems to have been consistently poor since they opened they need to kick it up a gear or 3 before main season!
AT have been removing all the franchises for years, they now pretty much have a monopoly on the money that people spend on park. Pizza and Pasta was was a strong starting point but I feel the fried chicken and burger kitchen haven't been done to the same standard, service in both needs improving for sure.
fiftysevenstudio

Michelle wrote:
AT have been removing all the franchises for years, they now pretty much have a monopoly on the money that people spend on park.
I think that Indian food outlet "Easter Express" is sort of franchise. BTW I don't like it at all.
Cookie Monster

My favorite has to be pizza and pasta in KC as you get unlimited drink on top of all the food there is no need for a quencher now with pizza and pasta.
SpecyBeast

Pirates Pastys, always have been quality food and the prices are good, compared to other Theme Parks
Pleaseeee Populate my forum for Media Studies

http://thrillmakersofficialfans.net84.net

SamSimkin

The best : pizza and pasta buffet in Katanga canyon. Absolutely Beautiful

The worst : fried chicken company in x sector. Food of disgusting quality and flavour, overpriced and the aftermath of eating here was painfull.
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
xjoshdenx

When I went I liked the BBQ place, the ribs just came of the the bone :)
All views are my own and not for anyone else, or any employer I may be working for unless otherwise stated.
Maseyg123

I usually get chips from Ug Land Bronto Bites (P.s. I refuse to call it Dark Forest...)
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
addis

Best has to be pizza and pasta buffet.

Worst is definitely the waffle's in Dark Forest. Had my very first AT waffle there a couple of years back and managed to snap the plastic knife and fork cutting through the waffle, it was the consistency of a house brick!