Alton Towers Resort Future Discussion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Altontowersbarlow

I hope whoever replaces jhon wardley is just as capiable at designing rollercoasters as wardley was :D
jackgrace94

my take on the next 7 years lol :roll:

2013-The Smiler opens + flume closes (end of season :cry: )
2014-new flat in the dark forest + sonic is rethemed and kids attraction to take the beastie  :shock:
2015- brand new water coaster (replacement of the flume) opens.  :D
2016- nemesis refurbished + sw8 starts construction  ;)
2017- SW8 Opens + Charlie is refurbed. :shock:
2018- The rapids are refurbished, Blade and Ripsaw are removed and Sub terra is relocated and rethemed  8)
2019- A new flat ride to take Ripsaw and Construction on SW9 begins.  :evillaugh:
Smile. ALWAYS @_@
Altontowersbarlow

I like sub-terra and would hate to see ripsaw go without a brilliant ride replacing it and I think if At are going to get rid of nemesis sub terra they should just destroy it not give it to another park because that ride is unique. :D
AniaPotter

I seriously hope they start doing whole area refurbishments like they did with X Sector!! A lick of paint and some extra theming definitely wouldn't hurt...
Altontowersbarlow

I really want to see more happening in gloomy wood I would really like a a flat ride and a roller coaster the roller coaster could be like this one but alot faster and themed around witches like the origional planned roller coaster for that area should this go into gloomy wood but faster :D
Henry

Aren't a lot of the trees protected though, it would be hard to get around them all.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
118hazaman

jackgrace94 wrote: my take on the next 7 years lol :roll:

2013-The Smiler opens + flume closes (end of season :cry: )
2014-new flat in the dark forest + sonic is rethemed and kids attraction to take the beastie  :shock:
2015- brand new water coaster (replacement of the flume) opens.  :D
2016- nemesis refurbished + sw8 starts construction  ;)
2017- SW8 Opens + Charlie is refurbed. :shock:
2018- The rapids are refurbished, Blade and Ripsaw are removed and Sub terra is relocated and rethemed  8)
2019- A new flat ride to take Ripsaw and Construction on SW9 begins.  :evillaugh:
Why would N:ST be rethemed if Nemesis will still be there. There is no point in a changing a new ride, when it is based of such and iconic ride
Henry

2013-2019 in my eyes

2013: The Smiler opens and the Flume closes
2014: The Lodges open and construction for another, bit smaller Flume starts in a different area.
2015: Construction for a new rollercoaster starts and the Flume opens.
2016: New coaster opens and rapids refurbished. Phase 2 of the Lodges open.
2017: Construction for a new water coaster on the old Flume site starts.
2018: New water coaster opens, Nemesis and Forbidden Valley TLC and refurb.
2019: Rapids refurbished with more effects and made better. Construction on new coaster starts.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Georgewxm

On the wimpy restaurant website, it says a new wimpy restaurant is open in alton this winter, dont know its in Alton towers or the village?  :)
Tryst

Alton, Hampshire?
Benjsh

Here's my thoughts....

2013: The Smiler opens
2014: The Lodges open and Adventureland and Farm get total makeover and are merged with possible IP.  Flume closes at end of season and removed over the winter.
2015: New Flat ride for Dark Forest
2016: New Family coaster opens on old flume site with possible pirate theme. Not a thrill machine this one.
2017: New ride for Kiddie area possibly. No other major changes other than a lick of paint here and there.
2018: Ripsaw is removed and replaced with a new flat. FV is given some TLC.
2019: Rapids possibly refurbished and plans submitted for 2020 High Thrill coaster to go on Air Car Park.  :D
Last edited by Benjsh on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJNemesis

Not sure if there are any further associations between AT and B&M, but what about a B&M floorless? We don't have any B&M 'sit downs' in the UK and as far as I'm aware only 2 floorless in Europe (Superman Ride of Steel in Spain and Demon in Denmark).

I'd like to ride one without having to travel to USA.

If Nemesis could be squeezed into a pit I don't see why a Floorless design couldn't be produced with a similar concept. Unlikely but I'd like to see that.

Sometimes when we move towards more conceptual designs we forget about the classics.
Owen

MJNemesis wrote: Not sure if there are any further associations between AT and B&M, but what about a B&M floorless? We don't have any B&M 'sit downs' in the UK and as far as I'm aware only 2 floorless in Europe (Superman Ride of Steel in Spain and Demon in Denmark).

If Nemesis could be squeezed into a pit I don't see why a Floorless design couldn't be produced with a similar concept. Unlikely but I'd like to see that.

Sometimes when we move towards more conceptual designs we forget about the classics.
And shambala at port aventura
Jevaaaans

Thrillmad wrote:
MJNemesis wrote: Not sure if there are any further associations between AT and B&M, but what about a B&M floorless? We don't have any B&M 'sit downs' in the UK and as far as I'm aware only 2 floorless in Europe (Superman Ride of Steel in Spain and Demon in Denmark).

I think MJNemesis was just referring to Floorless coasters in Europe, not sit-downs. I think a Floorless similar to Scream! at Six Flags Magic Mountain would be great on the Air car park! :)
Owen

Jevaaaans wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:

I think MJNemesis was just referring to Floorless coasters in Europe, not sit-downs. I think a Floorless similar to Scream! at Six Flags Magic Mountain would be great on the Air car park! :)
Shambala is floorless
schmatt

Thrillmad wrote: Shambala is floorless
Think your getting confused with another coaster. Shambhala is the new B&M Mega Coaster at Port Aventura, which does infact have 'floor' as seen below.
Owen

schmatt wrote:
Thrillmad wrote: Shambala is floorless
Think your getting confused with another coaster. Shambhala is the new B&M Mega Coaster at Port Aventura, which does infact have 'floor' as seen below.
No I knew what I was talking about it Europe tallest coaster for Christ sake! I thought it was floor less that's all
truckaddict

I think Nemesis will be re-built but in a new location (air car park) but better, and then they change Change the old area where it was into a new area e.g. Western because that way we could get a potential woody

Bi and proud
Owen

truckaddict wrote: I think Nemesis will be re-built but in a new location (air car park) but better, and then they change Change the old area where it was into a new area e.g. Western because that way we could get a potential woody
So it would go from a western area to a oasis to a alien wasteland in the space if a 5 minute walk,anyone seeing what I'm seeing here?
truckaddict

Thrillmad wrote:
truckaddict wrote: I think Nemesis will be re-built but in a new location (air car park) but better, and then they change Change the old area where it was into a new area e.g. Western because that way we could get a potential woody
So it would go from a western area to a oasis to a alien wasteland in the space if a 5 minute walk,anyone seeing what I'm seeing here?
Yeah, awesome xD

Bi and proud