Alton Towers Resort Future Discussion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Heisenberg96

D4n wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote: Hopefully a development of the towers, late night ghost tours on special occasions and gardens refurbishment etc... Unfortunately I doubt we'll still have nemmie by 2016  :cry: maybe a new nemesis? I'd call it something along the lines of 'nemesis novus' with a new worlds first! I imagine the air car park becoming a new sector as well
a) Why would we not still have Nemesis in 2016? It's perhaps the most popular ride at the park and is still in perfectly good condition. Besides, they've just built a new ride that relies entirely upon it for the storyline!
b) Novus? Where the heck did you get that from? It's not even a word...
a) I personally have nothing wrong with nemesis but can see it becoming...not really the right word but 'outdated'. I know a few people that say the rides getting on a bit.
b) Novus is Latin for new if I stand correct - just a fancy way of saying it  :)
submission2001

What if there are nemesis 4 like nemesis, nemesis inferno and nemesis sub terra
CALLUM
DrReeve

Heisenberg96 wrote:
D4n wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote: Hopefully a development of the towers, late night ghost tours on special occasions and gardens refurbishment etc... Unfortunately I doubt we'll still have nemmie by 2016  :cry: maybe a new nemesis? I'd call it something along the lines of 'nemesis novus' with a new worlds first! I imagine the air car park becoming a new sector as well
a) Why would we not still have Nemesis in 2016? It's perhaps the most popular ride at the park and is still in perfectly good condition. Besides, they've just built a new ride that relies entirely upon it for the storyline!
a) I personally have nothing wrong with nemesis but can see it becoming...not really the right word but 'outdated'. I know a few people that say the rides getting on a bit.
b) Novus is Latin for new if I stand correct - just a fancy way of saying it  :)
Outdated i dont see a well themed ride like that being made any time soon. B&M's inverted isnt getting outdated. i could ride nemesis every year for the rest of my life and still get the same rush due to the seating have different effects say if you sit at the front your receive less air time to the back (not thats nemesis is huge on air time). But I can defiantly see the ride not getting outdated just yet
Image credit to Lewis97
Heisenberg96

DrReeve wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote:
D4n wrote: a) Why would we not still have Nemesis in 2016? It's perhaps the most popular ride at the park and is still in perfectly good condition. Besides, they've just built a new ride that relies entirely upon it for the storyline!
Outdated i dont see a well themed ride like that being made any time soon. B&M's inverted isnt getting outdated. i could ride nemesis every year for the rest of my life and still get the same rush due to the seating have different effects say if you sit at the front your receive less air time to the back (not thats nemesis is huge on air time). But I can defiantly see the ride not getting outdated just yet
As I say, outdated isn't really the right word. What I'm trying to say is that Alton Towers will keep hold of nemesis for as long as possible but I don't see it being left in its current state past 2016- most likely a revamp seeing as how some of the areas are getting a bit shoddy with age.
118hazaman

Nemesis will stay, no matter what. But I don't think there will be a new 'large ride' or 'coaster' in 2016. If you look back, the dates kind of show a pattern...

Nemesis - 1994
Oblivion - 1998 - 4 years later
Air - 2002 - 4 years later
Rita - 2005 - 3 years later
Thirteen - 2010 - 5 years later
The Smiler - 2013 - 3 years later
SW8 - 2018? - 5 years later

All of the dates above give an average of 4 years between coasters. If there is 5 years until SW8, maybe a 'different' large attraction would occur. Something along the lines of a water ride, to fill in the flute site?
Heisenberg96

Quite possibly. Besides, the flume is a dying cause nowadays - shame to see it go nontheless  :(
DrReeve

Heisenberg96 wrote: Quite possibly. Besides, the flume is a dying cause nowadays - shame to see it go nontheless  :(
i would still link the site to be a water ride or a water coaster but they need to theme it round mutiny bay with things such as pirate ships in the lake and other things.
Image credit to Lewis97
Heisenberg96

DrReeve wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote: Quite possibly. Besides, the flume is a dying cause nowadays - shame to see it go nontheless  :(
i would still link the site to be a water ride or a water coaster but they need to theme it round mutiny bay with things such as pirate ships in the lake and other things.
Definitely a new themeing at least. They need to make themeing more generalised than for very young children. The flume is an ageless ride.
andywhit

Heisenberg96 wrote:
DrReeve wrote:
Definitely a new themeing at least. They need to make themeing more generalised than for very young children. The flume is an ageless ride.
Another new theme for the Flume? That thing's had more touching up than Madonna's face on front of her "Hard Candy" CD. The next FLume re-theme will be its retheme into a new ride!

And whoever suggested Nemesis was going in 2016 needs to take their medication
bensaund

andywhit wrote:
Dr Kelman has something for that over at the Sanctury
If you go down to the woods today
Heisenberg96

andywhit wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote:
DrReeve wrote: i would still link the site to be a water ride or a water coaster but they need to theme it round mutiny bay with things such as pirate ships in the lake and other things.

Another new theme for the Flume? That thing's had more touching up than Madonna's face on front of her "Hard Candy" CD. The next FLume re-theme will be its retheme into a new ride!

I would prefer to see a new ride, but if not AT LEAST a new theme to keep the clock ticking before the day it goes.

And if you'd have bothered to read my post about nemesis leaving by 2016 you'd have known I didn't say nemesis itself would be gone in replacement for a new ride in 2016 but be replaced by a more updated nemesis.  :)
tayspru

Why on earth would Nemesis , a custom B&M invert, leave the park in 2016 at the age of 22 , when Corkscrew, an off the shelf travelling Vekoma, managed 28 years, and only then was removed due to lack of popularity?

Long live King Nemmy!
peter.watkins.12

I think Alton Towers need to merge Storybook Land and Adventure land into one area. The rides that should be placed here should provide a lot of indoor attractions simular to what Disneyland Paris provide in Fantasyland. By doing this it will allow the park to operate in this area all year round and thus making the hotel fully used in the winter period. If this is sucessful they could further expand the area by removing the entrance and adding further rides there.
AltonTowerfanatic

tayspru wrote: Why on earth would Nemesis , a custom B&M invert, leave the park in 2016 at the age of 22 , when Corkscrew, an off the shelf travelling Vekoma, managed 28 years, and only then was removed due to lack of popularity?

Long live King Nemmy!

Yes long shall SHE live, come you know Nemmy a she haha ;D....
I'm ready to Smile!
Heisenberg96

A REFURBISHED and UPDATED Nemesis, not a COMPLETELY NEW ride

I shan't say it again
andywhit

Heisenberg96 wrote: A REFURBISHED and UPDATED Nemesis, not a COMPLETELY NEW ride

I shan't say it again

Go on say it again.....

What's an updated Nemesis anyhow? a new pain job? new trains?
Heisenberg96

andywhit wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote: A REFURBISHED and UPDATED Nemesis, not a COMPLETELY NEW ride

I shan't say it again

Go on say it again.....

Precisely what it is, just fixing a few bits here and there
MJNemesis

andywhit wrote:

I shan't say it again

Go on say it again.....

I'm thinking more along the lines of a statue of John Wardley drinking champagne, bathing in the red waterfall just after the zero g roll  :lol:

When the sad day does come when Lady Nemmy is no longer running I think AT should remove the trains but leave the track and theming. Turn the station area into a Wardley museum of sorts and create paths all the way round so it stays as a permanent piece of art. I think it's very fitting that they mounted the screws from Corkscrew at the entrance but there isn't 1 standout part of Nemmy. The whole thing needs to stay as a permanent reminder. To be honest though there are Woodies still running that are 80 years old (Grand National at B'Pool is 78) so I don't see Nemesis closing, not in our coaster riding lives anyway. Even if AT went out of business completely there would be enough enthusiasts to keep Nemesis running on its own  ;)
andywhit

Heisenberg96 wrote:
andywhit wrote:

I shan't say it again

Go on say it again.....

I like to call that "Maintenance"
Heisenberg96

andywhit wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote:
andywhit wrote:
Go on say it again.....

I like to call that "Maintenance"
Little bit more than maintenance though. I say give it a lick of paint, possibly improve the interior, and make some changes to the track. Some moderations wouldn't be a bad thing for Nemmy.

Thing with Nemesis is its showing early signs of entering the stage were it can go one way or another. On the one hand, alton could keep nemesis in its exact state and hope to brand it as a novelty when it eventually loses its magic. On the other hand, alton could decide Nemmy needs replacing an will throw the likes of SW8 or SW9 in its place. Either way there are huge business risks involved.

The problem is that a lot of regular AT visitors appreciate the history and unique aspect of the ride, but the general public can feel a very different way about things. To a new visitor to the towers Nemesis could be assumed to be like your generic inverted coaster ride, without any clue of the influence Nemesis had on revolutionising the roller coaster industry.

To put a long story short AT could keep nemesis, get rid of it or go down the middle. Either way they all impose risks. And pretty big ones.