If You could bring back one past ride?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
junkcarbuy

The Tea Cups :roll:
Junk Car Removal and Salvage car for Sale

http://www.junkcar-buy.com/
Samwise

Toyland - Corkie - Old Haunted House - 3D Cinema - Thunder Looper  :D
Wise
Hmv

Thunder looper  :) I never saw this ride and it looks epic.
Marky_Boy

The Black Hole - I know this isn'y possible now with SW7, but I only got to ride it once and I remember it being brilliant. Failing that, Toylnad Tours if only for the music!!
bensaund

I'm sure we can find a second hand 'Jet star' and stick it in the circus tent... now there is an idea for a low investment year! LOL
If you go down to the woods today
PeteB

Haunted House, Toyland Tours, Black Hole :)

Any of those!
Toborg123

I was lucky enough to ride Corkscrew in '06, but that would have to be the ride I brought back. It was the foundations of the Alton we see today
Henry

Corkscrew or Black Hole, I loved Corkscrew and I never rode The Black Hole
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
aidan.rudge.92

Would definately bring back the corkscrew and UG LAND. I remember the catchy music from ug land and when i hear it, it just sticks in my head for the whole day lol! love it
Last edited by aidan.rudge.92 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:D
TB2

For nostalgic value only, the Corkscrew. Hearing the whine of its lift hill motor is Alton Towers IMO.

Besides, my lasting memory of it is riding it at night in the front row, blasting through its circuit with bucket loads of air time.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Kirsty25

Mine would have to be Corkscrew and Black Hole - I like in the dark coasters - fav being Rock n Rollacoaster - can't beat a dark coaster with Aerosmith blasting through the restraints *rock on*
clayj

I'd bring back Rita.... Personally I thought it was a great ride experience, just placed completely in the wrong section of the park ! I was happy to see it relocated at the time as it lead to the long awaited & needed development of the Dark Forrest to reach it's full potential that we all knew it had, but Rita was holding back. The park's management were able to add a couple of extremely well themed flats, increase the onslaught of the Vines over the courtyard to include Hex in the DF's line up...

As a side effect, it was great to have seen Rita relocated to another Merlin park which was previously struggling with investment and was also able to fit it's flat footprint into their park relatively easy.

Oh, hang on, was that a dream ??
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Tom

Energizer!
Only rode it as Boneshaker, so missed out on it being good :P

Although I do think it looked really good in it's Ug Land guise, I miss Ug Land :(
Lefty103

The Corkscrew by far. It was the only roller coaster with a decent history at AT behind it. I still think to this day that it was a great, thriling experience.
JonoD

Toyland tours, no doubt about it, and that's not simply because Sonic was in there!

A dark ride where it didn't matter where you looked, there was always something happening. It was colourful, it's theme tune was memorable and it was just an amazing British-born dark ride. More of that I say!
aidan.rudge.92

Short and sweet- I miss the corkscrew  :tears: :anger:
:D
Kirsty25

corkscrew - end of
a13ex_f

I used to love the graviton lol.  I think thunder looper was great too although I was quite young when I went on it, I think if they combined thunder looper with rita (I know it would never happen) it would make for a much better ride
Jack

CORKY, never rode it, REALLY wish I had the chance to
deeve

1001 nights, thunderlooper are candidates. But for me the haunted house restored to former Glory with new digital mapping.