The Smiler - Other Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Liam-AltonTowers

Welcome to the SW7 Themed Rooms Discussion topic!

Here you can discuss anything to do with the brand new SW7 themed bedrooms coming to the resorts hotel's next year. You can discuss:
  • What style the bedroom will have?
  • Which hotel will these rooms be placed in?
  • How much will these rooms cost?
  • What are your opinions on them and would you stay in theme?
So basically all of the above and whatever you wan't to say about them. Here's the quote from the TowersStreet website sort of confirming these rooms:
Exclusive – SW7 themed rooms for 2013 (Published 11th December 2012) 

Alton Towers Resort have exclusively confirmed to TowersStreet that in addition to the 2013 new ride codenamed ‘SW7′ (Secret Weapon 7), the resort hotels will also be getting in on the action with two new themed rooms based around the new ride.
Last edited by Liam-AltonTowers on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Zach

I believe there will be one in each hotel room
Liam-AltonTowers

ATfanatic wrote: I believe there will be one in each hotel room
Oh right, cool. I think the Splash Landings Hotel needs it more due to it's lack of themed rooms as at the minute it only has two.

Marcus

LiamLovesRollercoasters! wrote:
ATfanatic wrote: I believe there will be one in each hotel room
Oh right, cool. I think the Splash Landings Hotel needs it more due to it's lack of themed rooms as at the minute it only has two.
Why would Splash Landings have a SW7 themed room..
The hotel has a Caribbean theme.
Liam-AltonTowers

Yes but it also has an Ice Age room which has nothing to do with the Caribbean...? Also the Alton Towers Hotel has an Arabian Nights themed room which also has nothing to do with the explorer theme of the Alton Towers Hotel. Also a while ago there was an Oblivion themed room which also had nothing to do with the explorer theme so...?

Marcus

Ah.. I see, thats awkward  :oops:
my bad
Liam-AltonTowers

Marcus Assab wrote: Ah.. I see, thats awkward  :oops:
my bad
Don't feel bad, I kinda was acting like a bitch there saying all that but you know.

Anyway back to these new rooms, imagine what it would be like trying to get to sleep with that smile logo on the walls - creepy. Also I was thinking what if the beds were like hospital beds...?

Liam-AltonTowers

Sorry to double post but it seems no one's posted in here for a while. Anyway I don't know if anyone's noticed this but for anyone who was having doubts on whether the SW7 Themed Rooms were official, well here's a quote from the official Alton Towers website:
Themed bedrooms

A short break at the Alton Towers Resort can be fun and adventurous - why not upgrade your package to one of our luxurious Themed Rooms! All of our Themed Rooms have lots of surprising features, some of which are hidden and will require a little bit of exploring! Our theme rooms include:
  • New for 2013 - SW7 Room
  • Ice Age Room
  • Sonic The Hedgehog Room
  • Pirate Room
  • Sleepover Room 
  • Benjamin Bunny Room 
  • Celebration Room 
  • The Chocolate Room 
  • The Arabian Nights Room
  • Big Pyjama Room
  • Splish Splash Room 
  • Tatty Teddy Room 
However it still doesn't mention which hotel they will be in. Any thoughts - I'm going with the Splash Landings Hotel as it doesn't have as many themed rooms but I could be wrong.

W@LLI$

LiamLovesRollercoasters! wrote: Sorry to double post but it seems no one's posted in here for a while. Anyway I don't know if anyone's noticed this but for anyone who was having doubts on whether the SW7 Themed Rooms were official, well here's a quote from the official Alton Towers website:
Themed bedrooms

A short break at the Alton Towers Resort can be fun and adventurous - why not upgrade your package to one of our luxurious Themed Rooms! All of our Themed Rooms have lots of surprising features, some of which are hidden and will require a little bit of exploring! Our theme rooms include:
  • New for 2013 - SW7 Room
  • Ice Age Room
  • Sonic The Hedgehog Room
  • Pirate Room
  • Sleepover Room 
  • Benjamin Bunny Room 
  • Celebration Room 
  • The Chocolate Room 
  • The Arabian Nights Room
  • Big Pyjama Room
  • Splish Splash Room 
  • Tatty Teddy Room 
However it still doesn't mention which hotel they will be in. Any thoughts - I'm going with the Splash Landings Hotel as it doesn't have as many themed rooms but I could be wrong.
Ah that's interesting! :) where on the website was it cus I can't find it on the hotel section
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
Liam-AltonTowers

W@LLI$ wrote: Ah that's interesting! :) where on the website was it cus I can't find it on the hotel section
Oh right, you can find it here: http://www.altontowers.com/short-breaks ... er/#Hotels and just scroll down to the bottom.

Marcus

I was hoping the themed rooms to be more The Sanctuary theme than SW7. Or are they basically the same?
Liam-AltonTowers

Marcus Assab wrote: I was hoping the themed rooms to be more The Sanctuary theme than SW7. Or are they basically the same?
Well the whole Sanctuary theme fits in with SW7 so I'm sure there will be elements of the room that resemble SW7 more and some elements that will resemble The Sanctuary more if you get what I mean. If you think about it the beds have a good chance of been hospital beds which is more The Sanctuary and the T.V.'s in the room will be like those T.V.'s they had in the Sanctuary so I think there will be both SW7 and The Sanctuary theming in there.

Marcus

I wouldn't wanna sleep in a SW7 themed room IMO; I would be freaked out. How many themed room of each do they have?
The Psychoaster

Marcus Assab wrote: I wouldn't wanna sleep in a SW7 themed room IMO; I would be freaked out. How many themed room of each do they have?
There were two Oblivion themed rooms so I presume there will be two SW7.
Liam-AltonTowers

When you guys say "two rooms" do you mean like two different styles of rooms themed around SW7 or an SW7 themed room in each of the hotels?

AJLlama

I hope the room doesn't rotate around you when you're in bed...
Liam-AltonTowers

AJLlama wrote: I hope the room doesn't rotate around you when you're in bed...
Ha, yeah. I'm sure it won't. When your watching T.V. in the room sometimes just randomly for a split second the T.V. should go black showing the SW7 Smiley logo zooming towards you but still rotating and quite slowly. Do you think these rooms are gonna cost more than say the Pirate and Ice Age themed rooms?

oliviamae

I doubt they'd cost any more, it depends on what extras are included I guess
Liam-AltonTowers

oliviamae wrote: I doubt they'd cost any more, it depends on what extras are included I guess
True, to be honest if the rooms were scary they'd put people off - especially if there's families with young children. It will bring more teenagers who like horror and stuff in which is bad because we don't want a Thorpe Park environment with kids around.

oliviamae

It'd be good to have an intense and a mild room if there is to be two, so there's a choice for thrillseekers and families alike.