Prices now out for 2013 - Feb and halloween and fireworks 2013

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
stu1980

On the day ticket prices for the start of 2013 will be £46 for adults (a £1 increase from the current price), and £36.80 for children (a less substantial increase of 80p), continuing the trend for gate prices rising by season, although it is assumed that numerous online offers and discounts will continue to be available.

February Half Term event will make a return for 2013, running from 16-24th February with park entrance on-the-day at £20 adults and £16 children. In a break from the Half Term events we've seen over the past few years, next year's event will be in association with the Moshi Monsters, bringing a new element to the event. Guests will be invited to take part on a Moshi Quest and win Moshi Medals, on top of the usual February attractions from the park:

Nemesis
Air
The Blade 
Duel
Runaway Mine Train
Sharkbait Reef by Sea Life
Maurauders' Mayhem
Heave Ho
Sonic Spinball
Squirrel Nutty Ride
Doodle Doo Derby
Old MacDonald's Tractor Ride
Berry Bish Bash
Furry Friends
Dung Heap
Hex
Ice Age: The 4D Experience
Frog Hopper
Driving School
Wobble World

Scarefest will return, running from the 19-31st October, making the event the same length as this season, minus the preview weekend, and Fireworks will also return, running from the 1-3rd November.

Thoughts!!!
Last edited by stu1980 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
Kenzie2012

That extra £1 per ticket will go to absolutely nothing that will aid the improvemnt of the resort.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Rob
Admin
Admin

I can see a parking increase yet to come.
Kenzie2012

I'm glad we took out new Annual passes on Friday.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
NickT04

Can I ask where you found this info out? It's not that I don't believe you, I just love planning ahead and we discussed with some friends yesterday about stopping over next Scarefest, if I can start banding some figures out to them now for what it'd cost that would be great!
Rob
Admin
Admin

The information is correct as far as I am aware.
Benji

NickT04 wrote: Can I ask where you found this info out? It's not that I don't believe you, I just love planning ahead and we discussed with some friends yesterday about stopping over next Scarefest, if I can start banding some figures out to them now for what it'd cost that would be great!
Don't count on these prices for the scarefest yet; im sure Merlin wil decide to but the prices up another £1 atleast before the end of next season!

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
NickT04

Cheers Rob!

It was just a rough figure tbf - I'll just buy them bounceback tickets like I did this year haha
tallicay2k

Rob-TT wrote: I can see a parking increase yet to come.
Yes i agree also...but £1 isnt gonna do alot to the resort..surely
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Jammydodger

So its probably safe to say X-sector will be all boarded up, since Oblivion is absent from half term break.
Kenzie2012

tallicay2k wrote:
£1 is a massive amount of money... times that by the volume of visitors over the season, i'd retire on that easily.
wakey1512

Kenzie2012 wrote:
tallicay2k wrote:
£1 is a massive amount of money... times that by the volume of visitors over the season, i'd retire on that easily.
^ This

Its very clever really, as £1 won't deter many people for the reasons stated above - its not substantial enough to call a rip off and its not breaking the bank for most people. Yet in reality such increase will ensure they will pull in at least an extra £1 million a year from it.
CoventryBee

Not really sure I wanna pay £20 for half term now that there's no Oblivion (which I expected - but they haven't added anything to make up for it). Might just wait till opening day.
Themeparksandy1981

wakey1512 wrote:
Kenzie2012 wrote:
tallicay2k wrote: Yes i agree also...but £1 isnt gonna do alot to the resort..surely
£46 May not be a lot when you still living at home with your parents but a family of 4 even with 2 for 1 vouchers and parking is nearly £100 then you got petrol,sweets and even if u take lunch with you it will still cost £130 to £140.

The towers should scrap the 2 for 1 vouchers and charge £20 for adults and £15 kids. I had my overtime cut at work before christmas and with a 6 month old the only way I'm gonna get a chance to go Alton Towers next year is with the sun free tickets.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
haydn!

Scrapping the vouchers and reducing admission would not increase visitors, it would likely infact deter many.

The Great British public love to think they're getting a bargain! You'll find more people will be enticed by something like "£50 entry, with buy one get one free" than they would "£25 entry per person".

Silly I know, but the whole concept of 'value for money' is all in the mind, not hard cash.
DavidRock

im curous to see what the renewal for the Merlin Annual Pass will be, last yeat it cost £150 for my premium renewal and id easily make it back within a week between Alton Towers and Birmingham Sea Life Centre.

My pass doesn't expire until June 2013  so plently of time to go in the first few months and catch London Dungeon before it moves on Jan 31st.

Going to renew for my 13th year (going through the Tussards Pass and the Merlin Annual Pass eras  :D)

Don't get me wrong though i know the pass isn't for everyone and it only makes sense if your near an attraction or are going to use it more than a few times. Just my opinion is all  :D
JoshC

stu1980 wrote: On the day ticket prices for the start of 2013 will be £46 for adults (a £1 increase from the current price), and £36.80 for children (a less substantial increase of 80p), continuing the trend for gate prices rising by season, although it is assumed that numerous online offers and discounts will continue to be available.

February Half Term event will make a return for 2013, running from 16-24th February with park entrance on-the-day at £20 adults and £16 children. In a break from the Half Term events we've seen over the past few years, next year's event will be in association with the Moshi Monsters, bringing a new element to the event. Guests will be invited to take part on a Moshi Quest and win Moshi Medals, on top of the usual February attractions from the park:

Nemesis
Air
The Blade 
Duel
Runaway Mine Train
Maurauders' Mayhem
Heave Ho
Sonic Spinball
Squirrel Nutty Ride
Doodle Doo Derby
Berry Bish Bash
Furry Friends
Dung Heap
Hex
Frog Hopper
Driving School
Wobble World

Scarefest will return, running from the 19-31st October, making the event the same length as this season, minus the preview weekend, and Fireworks will also return, running from the 1-3rd November.

Thoughts!!!
I like the fact that this is copied almost exactly word-for-word from TowersStreet's news article :P I thought it sounded familiar...
Last edited by JoshC on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenzie2012

JoshC wrote:
stu1980 wrote: On the day ticket prices for the start of 2013 will be £46 for adults (a £1 increase from the current price), and £36.80 for children (a less substantial increase of 80p), continuing the trend for gate prices rising by season, although it is assumed that numerous online offers and discounts will continue to be available.

Nemesis
Air
The Blade 
Duel
Runaway Mine Train
Maurauders' Mayhem
Heave Ho
Sonic Spinball
Squirrel Nutty Ride
Doodle Doo Derby
Berry Bish Bash
Furry Friends
Dung Heap
Hex
Frog Hopper
Driving School
Wobble World

Thoughts!!!
I like the fact that this is copied almost exactly word-for-word from TowersStreet's news article :P I thought it sounded familiar...

Good information should be shared for all to see.....
JoshC

Kenzie2012 wrote: Good information should be shared for all to see.....
I'm not saying that it shouldn't, I'm only saying that if you're going to copy and paste another site's news article word-for-word you might aswell credit them. Or write it in your own words :)

And yes, good information should be shared for all to read, especially on a site that has 'members only' topics... :)
Marcus

£46 for adults and £36 for children,that is disgusting. The park is only open for like 6-7 hours some days, and parking to rise from £5?! Outrageous.  Thank god my family have annual passes and a premium card.