Alton Towers Treasure Hunt

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
leammiles

I had this idea from the Scarefest App and thought it could be a great idea for the park going forward.

Around the park are random QR codes, some of them very well hidden, some quite easy, some of them are just dummy QR codes too.

There could be different levels of difficulty to finding the hidden QR codes too.

The easy ones would be found in queue systems or at ride entrances.
The medium ones could be found on pathways around the park that maybe are a little off the beaten path or in more obscure areas of the park.
The hard ones would be found around the actual towers, gardens and hard to get to places.

You could unlock different content such as on ride videos, facts, and eventually with the harder ones, maybe even discount codes.

Would any one else be interested in this idea?  It would be nice for enthusiasts to get to explore and be rewarded for it, but at the same time, it will get non enthusiasts going around parts of the park they wouldn't usually go to.
oliviamae

This is an ace idea!
MattsDesigns

Yeah interesting
The ones in the ques mean you HAVE to go on that ride, but cause you are doing something else at the same time, the que will be a lot less boring.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Marcus

Great idea. ;D im hoping for 2013 or earlier Alton towers will revapmp their app to make it better.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha via Tapatalk