Litterbugs

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JoyfulSin

If there are bins within easy reach then generally speaking, it means you clean up after yourself. With restaurants you are paying for a service, thus would not be expected to throw away your own rubbish.

As a former sandwich artist myself, redpiggy, I can empathize with you completely. Those bloody straw packets.  :x
leammiles

there is a difference between tidying and cleaning.

No one is ever employed to tidy, and it should not be expected from staff anywhere.

Everyone should pick up litter and not leave it behind...then the cleaners can actually spend their time actually cleaning.
oliviamae

andyuk200523 wrote:
ponder wrote: Slightly different in a McDonalds though, as there are staff paid to clean the tables. You would'nt pay for a meal in a restaurant then take the plates and cutlery back to the kitchen once you'd finished.

There's a big difference between buying a meal at a fast food restaurant without cleaning up after yourself, and throwing rubbish on to the floor.
At McDonalds the staff are paid to wipe down the tables, not put everyone's rubbish into the bin, my first job was at McDonalds, and I used to hate the people who didn't pick their tray up and put the rubbish in the bin.
Me too, people would see me and purposefully leave their waste anywhere. It's impossible for someone to keep the front presentable when people are too lazy to lift a tray. So glad those days are over, ha!
leammiles

I had an idea to try to combat chewing gum dropping around the park.

For anyone that has ever looked down as you approach the front of queuelines, there tends to be a lot of gum on the floor because people realise  ''ooops, i might swallow this if i go on a roller coaster'' and because there aren't bins around, they get thrown on the floor.

Or for anyone that remembers the oblivion chewing gum tree and how disgusting that was.

My idea is to have voting posters around the park. 

You can use your chewing gum to stick on a poster to air your views.

You can use it for marketing, for fun or just as a way of keeping the place tidy.

''Whats your favourite ride?''

Then place your gum on the poster that relates to your preference, you could also see at a glance what other members of the public think.

Its much better than having it all thrown on the floor