The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
oliviamae

this is very exciting!!
Jevaaaans

Would that not then mean that if they are using standard EuroFighter cars then there will be 8 of them out on track at any one time (64/8 (8 seats) = 8)?
swfcjambo

The Moon wrote: We believe it to be 14.
Is it possible that the ride could be reprogrammed, increasing the number of inversions as many times as necessary, so the ride "always" has the most number of inversions?

Imagine,
5 years time, 18 inversions..
10 years time, 24 inversions..
20 years time, 36 inversions....

(oops..... has someone already suggested this??)

You'll end up coming off VERY dizzy!
Last edited by swfcjambo on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jevaaaans

swfcjambo wrote:
The Moon wrote: We believe it to be 14.
Is it possible that the ride could be reprogrammed, increasing the number of inversions as many times as necessary, so the ride "always" has the most number of inversions?

Imagine,
5 years time, 18 inversions..
10 years time, 24 inversions..
20 years time, 36 inversions....

You'll end up coming off VERY dizzy!
You probably wouldn't get dizzy if they had a screen that rotated with you, possibly the eye from the logo. So you can spot it and won't get dizzy. But if not, then they should provide some sick bags XD
Nightfall

As has been pointed out to me since my last post this news tells us something else. We can now be fairly certain this will use Euro-Fighter trains like on Saw, here's why:

64/1 = 64 people per cart
64/2 = 32 ppc
64/3 = 21.33 ppc, Impossible
64/4 = 16 ppc
64/5 = 12.8, Impossible
64/6 = 10.67, Impossible < This rules out a 6 seat cart or any cart design for 12 people.
64/7 = 6.14, Impossible
64/8 = 8 < Standard Euro-Fighter cart
ect...

Of course this doesn’t quite explain how they are going to get a throughput of 1344pph as I already calculated they’d need trains larger than 8 people to do so. It’s always possible they could have 4 16 seat trains?
[align=center]Image[/align]
JayJay90

radio 2 on at work and their news was around SW7 and said "its the longest rollercoaster, and the biggest drop in the park and is a worlds beating AND first"
Mattfat1

I just heard that news on radio 2. "the biggest and longest ever"
Last edited by Mattfat1 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayJay90

Mattfat1 wrote: I just heard that news on radio 2. "the biggest and longest ever"
i got so excited! i heard SECRET WEAPON 7 and dropped everything i was doing LOL  :lol:
Ripsaw Raver

was it jeremy vine or ken bruce?
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
JayJay90

pretty sure it was Jeremy Vine about 45 mins ago
ponder

The problem with that Sentinel article is that it starts, in it's very first sentence, by saying that this £18m coaster will be the biggest investment in any of the Merlin owned parks.

The Swarm was commonly known as costing £20m.

It's hard to take the other 'facts and figures' in the article seriously when they discredit themselves with a fairly basic error at the beginning.

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps
Nightfall

Actually I thought The Swarm cost £18m, that's the figure I remember the marketing announcing. I know this still make the fact incorrect but as I was under the impression SW7 was costing £20m it would still be the biggest investment even if the facts have been muddled.

Merlin is dreadful for mucking around with the budgeting numbers anyway so I wouldn't rely on it either way. But that aside I believe The Sentinel have been correct in the past and the figures they have quoted have come directly from the park.
[align=center]Image[/align]
JaykeAT

14 years since the last big ride at alton towers it says in the article.One inversion for each year we have had to wait?
scw55

With 8 to 1 being mock inversions. Think that's poetic as well?
AdamPanic

Nightfall wrote: Of course this doesn’t quite explain how they are going to get a throughput of 1344pph as I already calculated they’d need trains larger than 8 people to do so. It’s always possible they could have 4 16 seat trains?
Like I suggested Oblivion Sized carriage, ages ago.
AdamPanic wrote: Does any know the size of the holes in the "interacting feature"? Is it wide enough for Oblivion sized trains? ie 8x2rows.
Boz

AdamPanic wrote: Does any know the size of the holes in the "interacting feature"? Is it wide enough for Oblivion sized trains? ie 8x2rows.
They are not ;) the only way 16 would work is 4x4.
Kenzie2012

AdamPanic wrote:
Nightfall wrote: Of course this doesn’t quite explain how they are going to get a throughput of 1344pph as I already calculated they’d need trains larger than 8 people to do so. It’s always possible they could have 4 16 seat trains?
Like I suggested Oblivion Sized carriage, ages ago.
This crossed my mind at one point too, but its just not a realistic option.
Those sized cars couldn't possibly fit into the spaces laid out by the plans

They'd be too big for the track, the station and most of the inversions..... That's not even mentioning the room they would need around the theming elements... That's surely not gong to be the end result.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Instant Mix

Boz wrote:
They are not ;) the only way 16 would work is 4x4.
Why, do you have any proof? ;)
AdamPanic

Do any of the plans, capture any part of Oblivion's track? For scale comparison.
Krazycoaster

64 per ride must mean standard 8-seater trains. But 8 are on the track curcuit at one time. This makes 64 however I wouldn't of though the track would be long enough...